Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea

Post by getborn »

Two Arsenal players (captain Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor) and one from Chelsea (Jon Obi Mikel) were ordered off by referee Howard Webb after a mass brawl sparked by Mikel's foul on Toure.

Wenger said: "It suddenly exploded. It was strange as it didn't reflect the quality of the game.

"Suddenly we lost it and they lost it as well and it became a brawl. I'm not sure the referee picked the right ones out but he made a decision."

Wenger and Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho both went onto the pitch to try and calm things down.

Wenger added: "I don't think you should ever lose your calm. You should always keep under control.

"Kolo is usually very calm but he was pulled down and the ball was kicked away.

"I felt the referee was not the cause of the incident, of course it was the players, but he was a bit slow to give it.

"Overall we can only look at ourselves and next time not lose our nerves."

However, on a more positive note, Wenger praised his young team for the way they gave the Premiership champions a thorough examination before losing to Didier Drogba's late header.

He said: "I'm very proud of the performance of my team.

"For long periods we were the better team but the regrets we have are that we should have put that game beyond Chelsea.

"In the first half we missed the final ball a few times and I feel in the second half the first to score would win the game and it was them.

"They had a bit more experience and Drogba made the difference. We played exceptionally well and showed great quality but you want the team to be very forceful and take advantage of every chance and I felt we didn't do that.

"I believe we were unlucky with some decisions from the referee. Their first goal was offside and Adebayor was clean through and not offside, and in a game of that importance you cannot afford that.

"We came to win and it was difficult to take but we can be very proud."

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Terry Released After Checks

The England skipper took a frightening blow to the face and had to stretchered off.

Terry hurled himself head-first towards the ball at a corner but connected with the boot of Abou Diaby as the Arsenal man attempted to clear the danger. The collision was purely accidental but Terry lost consciousness, was placed in a neck brace on a stretcher and taken to the University Hospital of Wales.

However, by 18:00 GMT he was back at the stadium and able to join in Chelsea's celebrations after their 2-1 win.

Goalkeeper Petr Cech, still playing with a protective cap following the horrific head injury he picked up at Reading, said Terry's plight had brought back memories of his own injury.

"I think it's one of the worst moments I have experienced on the pitch because I can't remember my injury," Cech said.

"But you saw the reaction of the players. For the first three or four minutes after the injury, I had other emotions. I hope he will be all right."

Terry was only passed fit to play yesterday after damaging ankle ligaments in the Champions League draw at Porto.

Fans of both teams had applauded Terry as he was carried off the pitch.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Mourinho Upset By Melee

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho was delighted with the way his side came back to beat a vibrant young Arsenal side 2-1 and lift the Carling Cup - but the late brawl on the pitch upset the Portuguese coach.

"It was a pity that happened," Mourinho admitted.

"I do understand it's emotional and I understand how the players are feeling. Arsenal were losing the final so I think their emotions took over.

"It was a great game between two teams with two different styles but history will show we have taken the cup home."

The brawl kicked off after Kolo Toure reacted to a foul on him by Chelsea's Mikel John Obi.

When the feuding subsided, with managers having gone onto the pitch to help calm things down, referee Howard Webb showed both of them a red card. He also dismissed Arsenal substitute Emmanuel Adebayor, who clearly felt outraged by the decision. Cesc Fabregas and Frank Lampard were yellow caarded for their part in the flare-up.

Before that the game's most dramatic moment was when Chelsea and England skipper took an accidental boot in the face from Abou Diaby. Terry needed extensive treatment on the pitch before being stretchered off and then rushed to hospital, though happily he has since been discharged.

Two-goal Didier Drogba was affected by Terry's injury, and said afterwards: "Im very happy but I'm thinking about John.

"We've had some news that he's feeling a bit better. I was near him when it happened and it looked terrible."

Frank Lampard praised Drogba: "He does it week in, week out and on the big occasions," he said.

Regarding the fracas, Lampard commented: "I came in to try to sort it out and ended up getting involved.

"People might say it's disappointing, but when you play a cup final at this level that incident showed how much players wanted to win it."

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

that donkey adebayor is a disgrace, should get banned for the rest of the season

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

BillShankly wrote:that donkey adebayor is a disgrace, should get banned for the rest of the season
a little too far i reckon.....did he even do anything???

gamst
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gamst »

yeh he was the worst, went in punching anybody, then acted like a moose when he got sent
pedersen

thierry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by thierry »

bridge got knocked the f*ck OUT!
big ups adebayor :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea007
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Chelsea007 »

Emmanuel Adebayor is a toss,reason why the brawl escalated cause this clown decided to start swinging at any one in blue shirt...If he used his brain ref would of done his job and booked Mikel......
Good entertaining game with Chelsea prevailing with Drogba's foot and head!

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

I'm happy with the result

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

pedersen wrote:yeh he was the worst, went in punching anybody, then acted like a moose when he got sent
maggot, just like his manager.

Pinturicchio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pinturicchio »

it was a bit of push and shove wasnt that bad

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

link :?:

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

The fight. Cant understand whats being said obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0_XLRcK ... ed&search=

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Chelsea007 wrote:Emmanuel Adebayor is a toss,reason why the brawl escalated cause this clown decided to start swinging at any one in blue shirt...If he used his brain ref would of done his job and booked Mikel......
your obviously bias but thats ok.....mikel started the whole thing....toure hardly did a thing...he is trying to play and mikel pulls his shirt....imo mikel and toure both should've been booked....mikel was much worst however

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

getborn wrote:
pedersen wrote:yeh he was the worst, went in punching anybody, then acted like a moose when he got sent
his manager is brilliant!!

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Rigoni 10 wrote:
getborn wrote:
at being a maggot.

thierry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by thierry »

senderos is cygan in disguise,
played drogba on 1st goal, didnt attack header for the 2nd goal.
get gallas back in and djourou as back up. booyah.

thierry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by thierry »

and watch the youtube link, that fight was handbags, ive seen italians fight better

Chelsea007
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Chelsea007 »

Rigoni 10 wrote:
Chelsea007 wrote:Emmanuel Adebayor is a toss,reason why the brawl escalated cause this clown decided to start swinging at any one in blue shirt...If he used his brain ref would of done his job and booked Mikel......
your obviously bias but thats ok.....mikel started the whole thing....toure hardly did a thing...he is trying to play and mikel pulls his shirt....imo mikel and toure both should've been booked....mikel was much worst however
How am i biased,I know Mikel should of deserved card,Probably only Yellow for tackle but Toure got up and starting shoving Mikel than Lampard and Fabregas became tangled trying to break it up,Lampard went in to calm down his player(Mikel) as captain yet Fabregas wanted to grab him than Adabayor came swinging and decked Bridge for what reason...Adabayor almost lined up ref,linesman,Drogba,his own teammates including Henry when he went off.

Great sportsmanship shown by him.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Chelsea007 wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:
How am i biased,I know Mikel should of deserved card,Probably only Yellow for tackle but Toure got up and starting shoving Mikel than Lampard and Fabregas became tangled trying to break it up,Lampard went in to calm down his player(Mikel) as captain yet Fabregas wanted to grab him than Adabayor came swinging and decked Bridge for what reason...Adabayor almost lined up ref,linesman,Drogba,his own teammates including Henry when he went off.

Great sportsmanship shown by him.
mikel fought back....if mikel didnt he would not have got sent off....imo toure should not have been sent off because he only shoved the guy....no punching.....fabregas got involved maybe because something was said we dont no.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

thierry wrote:and watch the youtube link, that fight was handbags, ive seen italians fight better
:lol: :lol: :lol: brillant!

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

getborn wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:
getborn wrote:
at being a maggot.
no at being a world class manager....u cant deny him that

thierry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by thierry »

at no point in the link video do you see adebayor punch bridge, or even see adebayor swing at all.
thats why he cut loose when he got sent off, he didnt do anything worse than lampard ! f*ck knows what happened to bridge, probably fainted

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

nuffin serious happen2 bridge, the only treatment he recieved was water on the back of his head, probs got whacked accidently with all the pushin n shoving