Serie A Preview: Siena-Milan

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Serie A Preview: Siena-Milan

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

It will be a race to the finish this Saturday in a town known for horse racing.

When: Saturday February 17, 15:00 (CET)

Where: Stadio Artemio Franchi, Siena, Italy

BACKGROUND

The town of Siena, highly regarded around the world for its yearly horse race, the Palio, will get a brief view of some thoroughbreds from Milan, by way of Brazil. The Rossoneri attack should be something special to witness, with three Brazilians storming the Siena goal. This attacking trio is Kakà, Ricardo Oliveira, and Ronaldo.

So often this season, Kakà has been seemingly alone in creating the scoring opportunities, and has been forced to hit almost impossible shots from distance, due to the lack of movement up front from his strikers. This should no longer be a problem, however. Kakà will pull the strings and attempt to provide Ronaldo with adequate service, with Oliveira serving as support to both players in the attacking movements. Oliveira himself had struggled so far this term, but the addition of Ronaldo will make him feel a little more at home, and he should begin to play better. Ronaldo is not yet up to full fitness, but getting the start in this match will be enough motivation for him to continue working toward full fitness.

The Siena goal they will be attempting to set afire will be manned by Alex Manninger, and he spoke of the significance of this match, saying: “Playing against Milan is unique because we will play against one of the three or four most powerful teams in the world. It’s an honor to play a game like this. We have always played good games against the Rossoneri and we will hope to gain some points on Saturday as well. Ronie (in reference to Ronaldo) is the kind of player that can make things difficult at any moment.â€￾

Manninger’s words may well ring true on Saturday, especially given his side’s defensive record. The Bianconeri defense has given up the same number of goals in their home stadium as they have scored, which is twelve. The Siena net minder has seen his team draw at home more often than any other result obtained, and they will be lucky to get that this weekend.

CURRENT FORM

Siena (W L D, 25 points, 12th place in Serie A)

Despite their inability to win matches this term, Siena find themselves in mid-table placing, by virtue of drawing half of the twenty-two matches played so far this season. The winter addition of Massimo Maccarone from Middlesbrough in the transfer market will help get the side more victories, especially if he can mesh well with Mario Frick, who is the side’s leading scorer with six goals.

Milan (D W W, 30 points, 7th place in Serie A)

The Rossoneri have not lost since November, and are improving constantly. This match will not see a full first team squad, as several players will not be fielded in view of the Champions League match in Scotland against Celtic on Tuesday. Nevertheless, the Milan midfield and attack should be able to control most of the possession.

TEAM NEWS

Siena is missing Abdoulay Konko, who is out with a knee injury. Enrico Chiesa is battling the flue, but may be able to play. Mario Frick had a dental procedure carried out during the week, but he should be fine to play in this match.

Milan, yet again, have a long list of injuries. Alessandro Nesta, Serginho, Giuseppe Favalli are missing from the backline, with Cristian Brocchi and Clarence Seedorf being doubts in the midfield. Also, Nelson Dida will not be in goal, but Marco Storari showed himself to be a good replacement between the posts in his debut last weekend.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Massimo Maccarone (Siena) – He will be relied upon heavily in this match, as he will need to do a lot of the attacking work on his own up front. However, he will be going against a Milan defense which has been pieced together, so he could well get a goal or two.

Ronaldo (Milan) – He looked lively in his debut last Sunday when coming on as a substitute, and almost scored from distance. Getting to play from the first kick will give him a better chance to become involved in the rhythm or even dictate it himself. If that rhythm just so happens to resemble the samba, then he could set alight the Siena nets.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Siena (4-3-1-2): Manninger; Bertotto, Portanova, Rinaudo, Molinaro; Antonini, Codrea, Vergassola; Cozza; Frick, Maccarone

Milan (4-3-1-2): Storari; Oddo, Bonera, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff; Kakà; Oliveira, Ronaldo

PREDICTION

This match will be full of scoring chances for Milan, despite the trio of Kakà, Ronaldo, and Oliveira not having too much experience together. Siena will be on their heels most of the time, but the ability they have to grind out results should keep this as a low scoring affair.

Siena 0-2 Milan

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

poor prediction..

80 mins.... 2-2, milan now playiign with 10 men

good to see ronaldo get on the score sheet.
everyone is entitled to my opinion

tsss

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

lol as i posted that ronaldo got his 2nd..........

3-2

scorers for milan are ronaldo (2) and oliveira.....

maccarone and vergassola are the scorers for siena.

tsss

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

ronaldo lookin the gds atm!!!

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

shiraz me!

2 goals in a matter of 2 minutes...

milan 4-3

tsss

King Henry Returns
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by King Henry Returns »

3-4 Milan.. what a game

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Terrible last goal to concede.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Baggio15 all the videos of Serie A i download off you the audio only works but the premier league ones always work

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

im no computer expert, but u may need a codec or a patch to enable you to view the file.....????

tsss

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

where would i get that???

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

AC Milan suffer injury woe ahead of Celtic clash

AC Milan have suffered a double injury-blow ahead of their Champions League tie against Celtic.
Victory over Siena came without strikers Alberto Gilardino and Pippi Inzaghi, who are both struggling to be fit for the midweek clash at the San Siro.

"I don't think Gilardino can recover in time for Tuesday," said Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti after Saturday's 4-3 win.

"Tomorrow (Sunday) Inzaghi will be given some tests and we will then know for certain whether he can feature in the game or not."

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Maccarone will do well for Siena also... going to England at a young age wasnt the best move for him! SHould wait til his older... top over 30 y.o Italians usually do wel... :wink:

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

Rigoni 10 wrote:where would i get that???
mmm i donno - try download.com and search divx codec or something? or media player codec?? not sure

anyone else know?

tsss

EMVEE
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by EMVEE »

Pimpong wrote:AC Milan suffer injury woe ahead of Celtic clash

AC Milan have suffered a double injury-blow ahead of their Champions League tie against Celtic.
Victory over Siena came without strikers Alberto Gilardino and Pippi Inzaghi, who are both struggling to be fit for the midweek clash at the San Siro.

"I don't think Gilardino can recover in time for Tuesday," said Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti after Saturday's 4-3 win.

"Tomorrow (Sunday) Inzaghi will be given some tests and we will then know for certain whether he can feature in the game or not."
If Oliveira has to play up front alone then so be it, we have Kaka and Goucuff as attacking midfielders, so it wouldn't be impossible to still find away goal/s.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Rigoni 10 wrote:where would i get that???
go to this site

http://www.codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm
it will give you a choice between basic, standard or full pack download the full pack it will give you media player classic with all the codecs when you download things just play them through this 8)
I speak nothing but the truth