Kaka Becomes Italian Citizen

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Kaka Becomes Italian Citizen

Post by getborn »

In an increasingly common move by clubs to free-up non-European Union slots on their rosters, AC Milan playmaker Kaka became an Italian citizen on Monday.

"It is an honour to now be both an Italian and a Brazilian," Kaka revealed afterward. "I am truly happy. This helps me and it might be able to help Milan."

Before anyone entertains the notion of seeing Kaka wear the Azzurri shirt for Italy's next international match, though, the player is cap-tied to Brazil.

The 25-year-old debuted for Brazil's national team in 2002 and has never looked back, earning 46 caps since and winning a World Cup title with the South American power in 2002 and representing Brazil again at the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

"I hope to continue to be a positive symbol, especially for the kids," said Kaka on the AC Milan Web site.

"I want to become a champion and do lots of other things to help them see what is right in life," he added.

"We are two points from fourth place; we are getting there"

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Joke

Post by ozzie owl »

It is a joke Kaka is Brazilian and should not qualify as an Italian,just so AC Milan can sign another non EEU player.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

are you serious??
this has happened for years, theres thousands of non-eu players with eu citizenship in europe.

if your entitled to it, why not?

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Joke

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

ozzie owl wrote:It is a joke Kaka is Brazilian and should not qualify as an Italian,just so AC Milan can sign another non EEU player.
What are you on about idiot??

Roberto Carlos, Messi, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Aldair, Camoranesi etc etc etc.

All have European roots and get passports - once you live in italy for 4 years you can apply.

Eto'o is a spanish national now as well and he has no known relatives from the country!

vagabond
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Joke

Post by vagabond »

ozzie owl wrote:It is a joke Kaka is Brazilian and should not qualify as an Italian,just so AC Milan can sign another non EEU player.
I cant see what your problem is

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

It will be killa to see Kaka play for Italy if it was possible. All Italians would enjoy it but of course he will still play for Brazil.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Kaka

Post by ozzie owl »

Might be legal but just dont agree neither in past or now.

P. Diddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by P. Diddy »

No worse than all the ex eastern-bloc weightlifters who become Australian citizens after 5 minutes of being here, so we've got a shot at more olympic medals.

- "What's the difference between a refugee and illegal immigrant?"

- "Three gold medals" boom, boom.
"Remember kids - stay in school"

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

I remember in Sydney 2000, Australia won a gold medal in sailing with a New Zealand and Zimbabwe born pair. What a joke.

Cerveza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cerveza »

i love this rule . nohing like it when your playing football manager

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

He has already played for Brazil, and has no chance of playing for anyone else.