McGree to leave Birmingham in New Year

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

McGree to leave Birmingham in New Year

Post by Old Master »

McGree loan due to end in new year

Riley McGree scored his second goal in successive home games against Bristol City, on his 23rd birthday

Blues head coach Bowyer also revealed that he will not be able to keep McGree once his scheduled half-season loan comes to an end on 1 January.

After seeing the midfielder score his second goal in successive home games against Bristol City, on his 23rd birthday, Bowyer confirmed that Major League Soccer side Charlotte FC want him back.

"It's a blow," said Bowyer, who says that he would like to have kept him. "We are running out of players.

"When you get the opportunity - a start or off the bench - you grab it and Riley's been superb."

It was McGree's addition to the team for his first league start of the season against Huddersfield on 20 October which helped spark Blues' turnaround after picking up just one point from their previous six games.

"He hasn't played much," said Bowyer. "But now that we need him, he's stepped up and performed.

"Riley has taken his opportunity. With me, if you work hard and care about the club and the team you're playing for, you'll always have a chance of playing."

America Here he comes! OM
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details