FA CUP on C10 & Paramount Plus

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: FA CUP on C10 & Paramount Plus

Post by ozzie owl »

haywood djablowme wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:00 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:07 am Liverpool fans showing their class by booing the National Anthem :oops:
Yep! Poor form.. looking forward to Victor's defence of their actions
Got your wish in bucketloads.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:40 pm Not deflecting at all.

Why do you think they boo - when did it start etc.
They boo because they're ignorant, but I don't remember it going on in the 70s & 80s when they were regulars at Wembley, so I'm going to assume it started after Hillsborough.

I haven't been to Liverpool for probably 25 years or more, but there are a lot of Irish and Scottish descendants there, so maybe it's just that they don't feel all that English.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:21 pm The two of you have no idea re the reason they boo - it’s crystal clear.

And for the record some london based journalists agree with it.

Whether you, me or others agree is one thing - but but its a very justifiable show to many who have disrespected them.

To all: OO and NOC are too aged rightish politically men who only read their chosen feeds, and see things from afar / that’s the reason they don’t listen to or take any real note of the situation.

If i posted quality journalism supporting the ‘protest’ you would potentially understand more - again not saying it’s right but it is acceptable.
I actually do know the reason they boo, you are not only person in here that reads 'quality journalism. '

Why did they boo through the hym Abide With Me ? When it was sung 'B Positive Choir' - a group of around 60 singers who suffer with the sickle cell disease or who have close friends or family suffering from it

Why can't you have rational debate without resorting to your standard denigration of anyone that takes a contra view to yourself?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:25 am

They boo because they're ignorant, but I don't remember it going on in the 70s & 80s when they were regulars at Wembley, so I'm going to assume it started after Hillsborough.

I haven't been to Liverpool for probably 25 years or more, but there are a lot of Irish and Scottish descendants there, so maybe it's just that they don't feel all that English.
It did start in earnest post Hillsborough. it has nothing to do with the Gaelic element. It has ramped up a lot due to the current regime and poverty it is causing (a national problem). Suddenly the mail etc have made it a big deal.

OO, you may well read quality journalism but pretty much only quote the Daily Mail....so there is no proof you do.

And no, they don't boo because they are ignorant (MPs approving of it for example) - next you will be saying Yids is not offensive......if you think it isn't - you are the ignorant one.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:15 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:21 pm The two of you have no idea re the reason they boo - it’s crystal clear.

Whether you, me or others agree is one thing - but but its a very justifiable show to many who have disrespected them.

To all: OO and NOC are too aged rightish politically men who only read their chosen feeds, and see things from afar / that’s the reason they don’t listen to or take any real note of the situation.

If i posted quality journalism supporting the ‘protest’ you would potentially understand more - again not saying it’s right but it is acceptable.
I actually do know the reason they boo, you are not only person in here that reads 'quality journalism. cheap and nasty

Why did they boo through the hym Abide With Me ? When it was sung 'B Positive Choir' - a group of around 60 singers who suffer with the sickle cell disease or who have close friends or family suffering from it

Why can't you have rational debate without resorting to your standard denigration of anyone that takes a contra view to yourself?
A debate must have response and fact - you have no view except slander.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:35 am

I actually do know the reason they boo, you are not only person in here that reads 'quality journalism.

A debate must have response and fact - you have no view except slander.
WTF.
Last edited by ozzie owl on Tue May 17, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:34 amAnd no, they don't boo because they are ignorant (MPs approving of it for example)
:lol: :lol: kind of shot yourself in the foot there.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:34 am

It did start in earnest post Hillsborough. it has nothing to do with the Gaelic element. It has ramped up a lot due to the current regime and poverty it is causing (a national problem). Suddenly the mail etc have made it a big deal.

OO, you may well read quality journalism but pretty much only quote the Daily Mail....so there is no proof you do.

And no, they don't boo because they are ignorant (MPs approving of it for example) - next you will be saying Yids is not offensive......if you think it isn't - you are the ignorant one.
My last 10 quotes nil from the Daily Mail.
Last edited by ozzie owl on Mon May 16, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

vm's holes getting dug deeper and deeper , wow
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:06 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:34 am

My last 10 quotes nil from the Daily Mail.
last 10 quotes from the media?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Just Dave now wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:11 pm vm's holes getting dug deeper and deeper , wow
No holes even close to being started. You are strange. Not even 1 let alone multiple.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:49 pm
Just Dave now wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:11 pm vm's holes getting dug deeper and deeper , wow
No holes even close to being started. You are strange. Not even 1 let alone multiple.
lol your error rate coupled with scouser bias is actually beyond count

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Just Dave now wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:56 pm
Only because you cant count above 2.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:05 pm
Just Dave now wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:56 pm
Only because my IQ isnt above 2.
fixed for clarity

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Amended for stupidity you mean.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:29 pm Amended for stupidity you mean.
no just highlighting yours

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:21 pm
I actually do know the reason they boo, you are not only person in here that reads 'quality journalism. cheap and nasty

Look Vickie is right, they can boo if they want. You and me might think it’s selfish or even downright cruel belittling a veterans band playing a hymn or crushing the big day of a charity choir made up of fellow citizens condemned, by disease to a painful early death. But we haven’t suffered like liverpool fans, no one alive (apart from celtic fans of course) has ever suffered like liverpool fans. To you and me it may seem a tad hypocritical to be making some kind of vague point about equality while spending thousands of pounds fawning over young men paid 200 thousand quid a week (excluding bonuses, endorsements, etc.) to kick a football at one of the richest clubs on the planet, owned by foreign billionaires intent on destroying the English football pyramid for profit. But remember, liverpool fans are not doing it for themselves, they are doing it because they want a better world. No matter if the world sees them as entitled twats.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:24 pm

Look Vickie is right, they can boo if they want. You and me might think it’s selfish or even downright cruel belittling a veterans band playing a hymn or crushing the big day of a charity choir made up of fellow citizens condemned, by disease to a painful early death. But we haven’t suffered like liverpool fans, no one alive (apart from celtic fans of course) has ever suffered like liverpool fans. To you and me it may seem a tad hypocritical to be making some kind of vague point about equality while spending thousands of pounds fawning over young men paid 200 thousand quid a week (excluding bonuses, endorsements, etc.) to kick a football at one of the richest clubs on the planet, owned by foreign billionaires intent on destroying the English football pyramid for profit. But remember, liverpool fans are not doing it for themselves, they are doing it because they want a better world. No matter if the world sees them as entitled twats.
:lol: :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:24 pm

Using the word crush you bottle of shiraz imbecile. No meed for it- shows your ignorance too

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Not my words: but i agree.

When Man city fans booed a minutes of silence for the 97 Hillsborough victims, forcing the ref to cut it short to 20 seconds. Media was silence 🤐

When Manutd fans made a mockery of us by singing "The Sun was right, you're murderers". Media was silence 🤐

Liverpool fans boo the National Anthem at Wembley, now the media is reacting.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:21 pm Not my words: but i agree.

When Man city fans booed a minutes of silence for the 97 Hillsborough victims, forcing the ref to cut it short to 20 seconds. Media was silence 🤐

When Manutd fans made a mockery of us by singing "The Sun was right, you're murderers". Media was silence 🤐

Listen, people shouldn't get injured or killed just for going to watch a football match, it's really not that important, but you're not comparing apples with apples. To have a go at an opposing team is poor form in those circumstances, but booing the Anthem you're having a go at every Brit, whether interested in football or not.

We've heard all about your take on Hillsborough, we don't hear a lot about Heysel, is there a reason for that?
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:59 pm

Listen, people shouldn't get injured or killed just for going to watch a football match, it's really not that important, but you're not comparing apples with apples. To have a go at an opposing team is poor form in those circumstances, but booing the Anthem you're having a go at every Brit, whether interested in football or not.

We've heard all about your take on Hillsborough, we don't hear a lot about Heysel, is there a reason for that?
I just google searched Man City mock Hillsborough .

Hardly media silence with pages and pages of posts on the topic . In fact Man City apologised to Liverpool .

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61129088

Man U slammed their own supporters.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... -loss.html

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

You do realise that is different . They’re reports of what others did to apologise not opinion pieces and headlines like papers have done this time..

Too easy showing you up.

And as per usual you used the mail….like clockwork your goto paper.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:59 pm

You mean Heysel where guilty people got jailed. Not sure the govt or anybody else covered anything up with that?

Yes I dont get as angered by it when reading , admittedly - however awful and indefensible it was I didn’t lose three good friends and wasn’t there witnessing it.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:32 pm
Using the word crush you bottle of shiraz imbecile. No meed for it- shows your ignorance too
You do go to extraordinary lengths to be offended don’t you. Have Liverpool fc or Jordan Henderson apologised for their fans behaviour yet

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:06 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:32 pm
You do go to extraordinary lengths to be offended don’t you. Have Liverpool fc or Jordan Henderson apologised for their fans behaviour yet
Lefties bruise like a peach ;-)
Danny Blanchflower