World Cup qualifier squads

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: World Cup qualifier squads

Post by Scholes »

Didn't need to.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

B.Toomer wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:22 pm Didn't need to.
Correct- England didn't NEED to but were EXPECTED to. On the day Scotland created the better chances and could have won,

though in truth England were denied a stonewall penalty.

An EXPECTANT England NEEDED to beat Italy at home in the final but ultimately failed.

Strange also that one of the top managers(Southgate) and one of the top players(Sterling) of the tournament took a huge

amount of stick from the English fans and media. Did they both miss a penalty? :eek:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:57 pm
Correct- England didn't NEED to but were EXPECTED to. On the day Scotland created the better chances and could have won,

An EXPECTANT England NEEDED to beat Italy at home in the final but ultimately failed.

Strange also that one of the top managers(Southgate) and one of the top players(Sterling) of the tournament took a huge

amount of stick from the English fans and media. Did they both miss a penalty? :eek:
Southgate - top manager?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:59 pm

Southgate - top manager?
To be fair there only 5 English managers in EPL and only 1 in the top ten clubs.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Southgate is a shite manager with a top talent pool, he did miss a penalty and then cashed in with a pizza ad but alas Sterling didn’t get to coz he was shitting himself so much he let kids go in his place

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

How many aussie managers in the E.P.L.?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

B.Toomer wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:37 pm How many aussie managers in the E.P.L.?
Are they even any in British top divisions at all?

I think the welsh league might have one.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

N5 1BH wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:18 am

Southgate is a shite manager with a top talent pool, he did miss a penalty and then cashed in with a pizza ad but alas Sterling didn’t get to coz he was shitting himself so much he let kids go in his place
He didn't miss a penalty in the final though. So you slag Southgate off for taking a penalty years ago but still hold it against him for missing and yet you have a go at Sterling for not taking one. Sterling was definitely one of the top performers in the tournament yet he was heavily criticised BEFORE the final, then became the scapegoat after it. How about blaming the team collectively that they were not good enough to beat a superior Italian side. Is it too difficult to admit the best team won?

It doesn't really matter a jot to me how many England fans rate the manager or not but either way he got them to their first major final since 1966 and the FA extended his contract to 2024. Hardly sounds like a shite manager to me.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:43 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:57 pm Did they both miss a penalty? :eek:
He didn't miss a penalty in the final though. So you slag Southgate off for taking a penalty years ago but still hold it against him for missing and yet you have a go at Sterling for not taking one. Sterling was definitely one of the top performers in the tournament yet he was heavily criticised BEFORE the final, then became the scapegoat after it. How about blaming the team collectively that they were not good enough to beat a superior Italian side. Is it too difficult to admit the best team won?

It doesn't really matter a jot to me how many England fans rate the manager or not but either way he got them to their first major final since 1966 and the FA extended his contract to 2024. Hardly sounds like a shite manager to me.
Look all I did was try, in my clumsy way, to give an honest answer to your question. A few points though.
I didn’t slag Southgate off for missing a penalty, I slagged him off for being a shite manager.
Sterling a top performer ??? when his only noticeable contributions in the final was another dive and his conspicuous absence in the penalty shoot out. And if he bottle of shiraz comes to Arsenal there will be trouble
Yes of course the best coached team on the day won but the Italian sides form since suggests a properly coached English team were more than good enough to beat them. Unfortunately that has to be a team without Southgate & Sterling involved

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:14 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:57 pm Did they both miss a penalty? :eek:

Look all I did was try, in my clumsy way, to give an honest answer to your question. A few points though.
I didn’t slag Southgate off for missing a penalty, I slagged him off for being a shite manager.
Sterling a top performer ??? when his only noticeable contributions in the final was another dive and his conspicuous absence in the penalty shoot out. And if he bottle of shiraz comes to Arsenal there will be trouble
Yes of course the best coached team on the day won but the Italian sides form since suggests a properly coached English team were more than good enough to beat them. Unfortunately that has to be a team without Southgate & Sterling involved
I'm agreeing with everything the Goon says, except I'd love them so spunk £80m on Sterling.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:32 pm
N5 1BH wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:14 pm

I'm agreeing with everything the Goon says, except I'd love them so spunk £80m on Sterling.
All good NOC and N5 1BH- I am just looking for a couple of bites and having a bit of fun. Though we are poor (Scotland)
they try hard but lack the required class at this level. England are knocking at the door but other national teams will also improve no doubt. And on the point of who rates which players and managers- we are all entitled to our opinion. ;-)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Australia in - Italy out :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Since the beginning of the A-League , Australia have been in WC Finals more times than Italy.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

C U Next Saturday wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:02 pm Since the beginning of the A-League , Australia have been in WC Finals more times than Italy.

They've done a lot better since they pretended to be asian.

SP999
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SP999 »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:02 pm Since the beginning of the A-League , Australia have been in WC Finals more times than Italy.
Italy World Cup Champions in 1934, 1938, 1982, and 2006

Australia has a long way to go and hopefully in Qatar 2022 they give it a red hot go!

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Great job to the Socceroos for qualifying,now let us capitalize on this by promoting out sport to the country.Arnold should call Croatian coach Dalic & ask him on advice how to play the French since the last 2 games he used great tactics with a young team full of new players.

Ofor Fuxake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ofor Fuxake »

Bomber wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:08 pm
Ofor Fuxake wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:06 am I have no interest in this competition.
I gather brother Arfa is in the same boat
Uncle, but yeah.
You can lead a horse to water but they are bloody hard to drown.