Celtic Fans

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Celtic Fans

Post by ozzie owl »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:38 pm
theorakle wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:34 am all divers and shirt pullers are a pain in the toukas and a blight on the game. refs should be able to send these actors off early in the game as only the coaches will stop it with no advantage to them. the game has changed over the years, unfortunately not all for the better. :roll:
What has that got to do with Celtic ?
nothing

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

ozzie owl wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:39 pm
C U Next Saturday wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:38 pm
theorakle wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:34 am all divers and shirt pullers are a pain in the toukas and a blight on the game. refs should be able to send these actors off early in the game as only the coaches will stop it with no advantage to them. the game has changed over the years, unfortunately not all for the better. :roll:
What has that got to do with Celtic ?
nothing
CUN ex T saturday always jumps on anything i post,dunno why. im just making an observation/opinion if you like about the game in general,nothing more. :roll:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

All good theorakle,
don't let these 'young punks' stir you up, they are most likely just looking for a reaction. Don't let it trouble you and just keep smiling! :smile:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:41 pm All good theorakle,
don't let these 'young punks' stir you up, they are most likely just looking for a reaction. Don't let it trouble you and just keep smiling! :smile:
thank you for the support. plus i reckon celtic have made a good choice,i just hope the board will give him time. i cannot wait for the first old firm game hopefully in front of a full house. :thumbup:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

theorakle wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:43 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:41 pm All good theorakle,
thank you for the support. plus i reckon celtic have made a good choice,i just hope the board will give him time. i cannot wait for the first old firm game hopefully in front of a full house. :thumbup:
No worries. As you said the Board (plus the fans) need to give him time. Surprised that he accepted the one year rolling contract but it works both ways- if the Board don't support him he can choose to leave.
When Ange was first appointed there were huge concerns from the majority of fans in Scotland. Pleased to say that his hands-on attitude at training and being upfront and open with the media has won many fans over. He is winning over the doubters with his knowledge and professionalism and with this comes respect.
Great start plus he is making inroads with new signings. As is always the case in any footballing city the acid test comes with the results and performances on the park. Up until now the fans are excited and getting behind Ange and rightly so.
I would give him 100% support and backing even though I don't expect them to achieve qualification to the Champions League proper. Blame the Board this season and then give Ange a fair go next season as the man can't work miracles in such a short time frame.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:19 am If they come second again, will that be deemed disastrous? Maybe win a cup?
All depends on who comes first. Aberdeen win it, second is OK. Rangers win it, second is toilet. :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Celtic going in against Midtjylland from Denmark in CL qualifier tonight (local Glasgow time) and in my book the Danish team will start as favourites, if not at Celtic Park they should have enough in their locker to comfortably see off a very average Celtic side.

I reckon Ange will be up against it for the first few weeks as new players come and the stale ones and the 'wantaways' are shown the door.

And here comes the real issue- this should have been done several weeks ago but blame the Celtic Board and not the Manager himself. Hanging on forever on an Eddie Howe handshake agreement- what a shambles.

Any Celtic man who knows the game will be pleasantly surprised if they can compete with the Danes over two legs and to be brutally honest I expect very little at this stage.

Though we potentially have a decent midfield we lack class and experience in defence and carry a powder puff attack without the services of Edouard so will carry little threat to dent the Danes' chances of qualifying to the next round. The Japanese lad (Furuhashi Kyogo) looks a player but the game will come too soon for him.

Ange himself has been well received in Glasgow by the Celtic faithful but the relentless media are already sharpening the knives. Could be an interesting post match interview!

I believe that if he is backed by the Board (recent signings indicate this) and gets rid of the non-committed players he will be able to stamp his true identity on the team. Until then he should be left well alone to get on with his job. After all, it's only Glesga. :lol:

1st leg match prediction: 2-1 victory to the Danes :(

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Same old story. ;-)
Ignore this signature

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Bomber wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:44 am Same old story. ;-)
Thanks to Adelaide's Awer Mabil and his team mates. :clap: :clap:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

lol season over after one game :lol:

1970s dutch robot football :lol:

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Yep, this season’s a write off, best focus on developing the academy players ready for next year. Leigh Griffiths will put his hand up to mentor, he has form in grooming youngsters.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Yep, the trolls on FN never let you down. Ange was always going to get a difficult start by not having the time to prepare for CL qualification and though Hearts are no world beaters they are always tough on their own patch.

Judge Ange (and Celtic) at the end of the season. Fantastic that you can write a team off after one game. We were never going to have a hope qualifying for the CL proper this year never mind making any inroads in the competition. I'm not accepting mediocrity but just stating the obvious. In truth we have been mediocre in Europe for years now and this is unacceptable.

I reckon for a Scottish team qualification to the CL proper and getting through the group is admirable. I reckon Rangers could surprise a few this year and next if they manage to hold on to Gerrard.

As for Griffiths- the vast majority of Celtic fans (including myself) want rid but unfortunately the Board and Ange decided to give him a final chance. This individual is not worthy of a contract due to his disturbed behaviour and I will be disappointed if he is not shown the door sooner rather than later. They have a big enough challenge ahead without carrying an individual
who persistently shows he can't be trusted, much like the Celtic Board itself (though for different reasons).

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

erm, in Scottish Football you can write a season off after one game when you're Celtic and lose to Hearts

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:02 pm Yep, the trolls on FN never let you down. Ange was always going to get a difficult start by not having the time to prepare for CL qualification and though Hearts are no world beaters they are always tough on their own patch.

Judge Ange (and Celtic) at the end of the season. Fantastic that you can write a team off after one game. We were never going to have a hope qualifying for the CL proper this year never mind making any inroads in the competition. I'm not accepting mediocrity but just stating the obvious. In truth we have been mediocre in Europe for years now and this is unacceptable.

I reckon for a Scottish team qualification to the CL proper and getting through the group is admirable. I reckon Rangers could surprise a few this year and next if they manage to hold on to Gerrard.

As for Griffiths- the vast majority of Celtic fans (including myself) want rid but unfortunately the Board and Ange decided to give him a final chance. This individual is not worthy of a contract due to his disturbed behaviour and I will be disappointed if he is not shown the door sooner rather than later. They have a big enough challenge ahead without carrying an individual
who persistently shows he can't be trusted, much like the Celtic Board itself (though for different reasons).
The board hasn't helped Ange too much. Griffiths is a very good player but kills a team with his attitude.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

eagleboy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:25 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:02 pm Yep, the trolls on FN never let you down. Ange was always going to get a difficult start by not having the time to prepare for CL qualification and though Hearts are no world beaters they are always tough on their own patch.

The board hasn't helped Ange too much. Griffiths is a very good player but kills a team with his attitude.
yep we have one at man u. name of pogba,hope he goes soon :roll:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

FK Jablonec 2-4 Celtic. Now it begins. Congrats Ange on first win.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Early days still but its a good result. Ange will end up ok

Celtic 6-0 Dundee:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

how do you say "its coming home" in Scottish????
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Angrily

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Hope he gets a run of wins now to build some confidence of the supporters and players.

After some abortion of attempts in Europe for. poppa, muscat and kewell, it would be good to see an Ozzie coach somewhat succeed in Europe.
It's all in the Delivery!

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Ange is a class act, odds are he will succeed wherever he goes. Hence why so many are disappointed he went to celtic

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

N5 1BH wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:33 am Ange is a class act, odds are he will succeed wherever he goes. Hence why so many are disappointed he went to celtic
Going to the best club in Scotland is not bad. :twisted: :grin:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

N5 1BH wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:33 am Ange is a class act, odds are he will succeed wherever he goes. Hence why so many are disappointed he went to celtic
And many are delighted he went to Celtic (including Ange himself), a team that has never discriminated against any religion, unlike our foes to the west side of the city.
Stop trolling Celtic and concentrate on supporting your own lot, including Kieran Tierney. As Tierney is regarded as one of Arsenal's better and most consistent players I would assume you are either anti Celtic or anti Catholic or both. Try and throw your bitterness aside and support the lad, I think he certainly deserves it.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

But I’m bored, our season doesn’t start till Friday and we still haven’t sold anyone.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:47 pm
And many are delighted he went to Celtic (including Ange himself), a team that has never discriminated against any religion, unlike our foes to the west side of the city.
Stop trolling Celtic and concentrate on supporting your own lot, including Kieran Tierney. As Tierney is regarded as one of Arsenal's better and most consistent players I would assume you are either anti Celtic or anti Catholic or both. Try and throw your bitterness aside and support the lad, I think he certainly deserves it.
Never discriminated against any religion, can't say that for the scum supporters though.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

N5 1BH wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:53 am But I’m bored, our season doesn’t start till Friday and we still haven’t sold anyone.
Okay, can you sell Tierney back to Celtic? That way we can both be happy, that's if you still don't rate him. :crazy: :grin:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:15 pm
Never discriminated against any religion, can't say that for the scum supporters though.
Are you talking about Celtic, Rangers or Millwall supporters as they all have them? Happy to say I prefer talking about the decent supporters and leave the scum element to get on with it.

Work this one out-

How many Catholics support Rangers?- Approx. 2%. Surprising as they didn't sign a Catholic until 1989.

How many Protestants support Celtic?- Approx. 10%. No surprise there as they have been open to any religion from 1888.

So five times as many people 'from the other side' support Celtic as opposed to Rangers.

From this it is obvious that Celtic are a more inclusive club than Rangers and Gerrard himself has tried to address it numerous times (bigotry from the terraces) without any serious back up from the club.

My lot not any better at times but that is Glasgow and what makes it so shocking and yet so appealing (the rivalry)at the same time.

All this good guys/bad guys stuff is just Barossa Pearl and doesn't wear too well with me. Accept that there are differences (and faults) at both sides of the fence- it's called history and unfortunately mankind has shown that we cannot integrate and live in harmony. Glasgow is a unique city in many ways but it is socially fragmented by both politics and religion.

Away from this Ange is doing what he does best- being professional and developing an attacking minded football team that goes on the park to entertain and win games. The Celtic board is beginning to wake up and finally support the man,
two of his most recent signings (Abada and Furuhashi) have shown tremendous potential. Kyogo Furuhashi has made an immediate impact, so much so that he has been compared to the great Henrik Larsson. If he is half the player then Celtic have a gem, I believe he could become yet another Celtic legend.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:23 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:15 pm
Are you talking about Celtic, Rangers or Millwall supporters as they all have them? Happy to say I prefer talking about the decent supporters and leave the scum element to get on with it.

Work this one out-

How many Catholics support Rangers?- Approx. 2%. Surprising as they didn't sign a Catholic until 1989.

How many Protestants support Celtic?- Approx. 10%. No surprise there as they have been open to any religion from 1888.

So five times as many people 'from the other side' support Celtic as opposed to Rangers.

From this it is obvious that Celtic are a more inclusive club than Rangers and Gerrard himself has tried to address it numerous times (bigotry from the terraces) without any serious back up from the club.

My lot not any better at times but that is Glasgow and what makes it so shocking and yet so appealing (the rivalry)at the same time.

All this good guys/bad guys stuff is just Barossa Pearl and doesn't wear too well with me. Accept that there are differences (and faults) at both sides of the fence- it's called history and unfortunately mankind has shown that we cannot integrate and live in harmony. Glasgow is a unique city in many ways but it is socially fragmented by both politics and religion.

Away from this Ange is doing what he does best- being professional and developing an attacking minded football team that goes on the park to entertain and win games. The Celtic board is beginning to wake up and finally support the man,
two of his most recent signings (Abada and Furuhashi) have shown tremendous potential. Kyogo Furuhashi has made an immediate impact, so much so that he has been compared to the great Henrik Larsson. If he is half the player then Celtic have a gem, I believe he could become yet another Celtic legend.
Good to see that you agree with me, that you can't say that about the supporters.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Ange doing better atm. Celtic stormed their way to a Europa League play-off with AZ Alkmaar with a 3:0 win overnight.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

The Ange machine rolls on