EPL 21/22

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: EPL 21/22

Post by ozzie owl »

Man U thrashed by Liverpool , oracle won’t be happy .

Black Panther
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Black Panther »

Twice
El Paso del Norte wrote:I have the opposite problem, mine is so small you can't see it!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

It's an expected result these days.

I recall when this forum was flush with Man U supporters. Yes, I am THAT old.
Ignore this signature

Get In The Car
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Get In The Car »

I remember when it was flush with all walks of life. Now it's just handful of diehards.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

ozzie owl wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:38 am Man U thrashed by Liverpool , oracle won’t be happy .
getting used to it by now. should promote the academy for the next 5 games with nothing now to play for. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

theorakle wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:56 am
ozzie owl wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:38 am Man U thrashed by Liverpool , oracle won’t be happy .
getting used to it by now. should promote the academy for the next 5 games with nothing now to play for. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Unfortunately there is something still to play for because the "Champions" league is infested with teams who finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th then ManU can still end up 4th and play in Europe.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

9-0........worst home and away aggregate in nearly 150 years......can we please start with Pogba and the block head....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Mind you Keita very lucky to avoid a red card for late over the top foul.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Mind you Keita very lucky to avoid a red card for late over the top foul on Lingard.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:37 pm Interesting weekend, normal service is resumed ;-)
This!
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:16 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:37 pm Interesting weekend, normal service is resumed ;-)
This!
:lol: touché

I begin to wonder if Spurs will have a shot on target this month. Mind you, the Goons were lucky again, Fernandes is a plank.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Normal service resumed, Liverpool good value for their win, but at 0-0 they give away a clear penalty but VAR says otherwise.

A foul should be a foul wherever and whenever it happens, so the test for me is would they give it in the centre circle and I reckon that was a nailed on free kick.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:06 am Normal service resumed, Liverpool good value for their win, but at 0-0 they give away a clear penalty but VAR says otherwise.

A foul should be a foul wherever and whenever it happens, so the test for me is would they give it in the centre circle and I reckon that was a nailed on free kick.
100% Pen!
Absolute joke of a decision - once again

Get In The Car
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Get In The Car »

Well when you cry wolf...

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

utds ego trippers have let uniteds fans down badly. they have mostly downed tools and have their bags packed for the holliday season to warmer places on mega money they have not earned. please ralf play the academy lads for the last 4 games so ten hag can have a look at them. millionaires are a law unto themselves. its utds own fault as they pay them far too much. they forget that they are PLAYERS ONLY AND MUST DO WHAT THE BOSS TELLS THEM. sir alex please give your hair dryer to ten hag cos he will probably need it. get mason greenwood back in and tanith chong and brandon williams etc etc. guys who will bleed for the honor of playing for manchester united. :( :???: :shock: :cry: :roll: :thumbdown: :wtf:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:09 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:06 am Normal service resumed, Liverpool good value for their win, but at 0-0 they give away a clear penalty but VAR says otherwise.

100% Pen!
Penalty any day of the week , what is VAR for ?

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

im afraid var is a fail. fair play to fifa for trying but its still a fail so admit it scrap it and move on. also scrap agents divers actors sundry sofkoks and yankee owners who have no interest in soccer and are only there for the money. :thumbdown:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

ozzie owl wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:48 pm

100% Pen!
Well it clearly wasn’t , as the ref, assistants, 4th official and VAR said otherwise.

Maybe you don’t know the rules?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Another armchair ref with no idea of the rules and how VAR works.

Embarrassing - but gives you something to moan about.

Why not mention how Pickford got away with not being sent off?

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:47 pm

Why not mention how Mane got away with not being sent off?
Corrected for accuracy

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:45 pm
ozzie owl wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:48 pm

100% Pen!
Well it clearly wasn’t , as the ref, assistants, 4th official and VAR said otherwise.

Maybe you don’t know the rules?
I only know the laws of the game .

What are the rules ?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:47 pm

Why not mention how Pickford got away with not being sent off?
This is why talking with you is like talking with a 10 year old. "My team's players never make a mistake, the other team always get away with everything."

I know perfectly well how VAR works and that's my real problem with it, it doesn't. They need to scrap the 'clear and obvious' rubbish and make the ref go to a monitor and check his decision. If he still thinks it wasn't a foul, demote him to League 10. ;-)

If they can spend three minutes fart arsing about looking at an offside, when everyone at home can clearly see whether it was or wasn't, I'm sure they can spend an extra minute to send the ref to check for a possible penalty.

It's really not difficult in football, if you're side by side and battling, then fair enough, but the second you're behind as Matip was and you don't play the ball, you're playing the man and that's a free kick. The only thing that saved him is that Gordon is a terrible diver.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

It works as planned

You don’t like it - i don’t either - nothing was done incorrectly though - so you have nothing to complain about - bit you will anyway. .

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:49 am It works as planned

You don’t like it - i don’t either - nothing was done incorrectly though - so you have nothing to complain about - bit you will anyway. .
Here we go, in your opinion penalty yes or no?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

No.

Mane was lucky though.

There was another shoulder challenge outside the box either in the Liverpool Or Arsenal game (can’t remember) which wasn’t given either.

50% of bookings for diving are to Everton this season, and Gordon admitted it was no penalty- he said he felt a touch so went down hoping !

Its a non story except for trolls with no idea.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:34 am No.

Mane was lucky though.

There was another shoulder challenge outside the box either in the Liverpool Or Arsenal game (can’t remember) which wasn’t given either.

50% of bookings for diving are to Everton this season, and Gordon admitted it was no penalty- he said he felt a touch so went down hoping !

Its a non story except for trolls with no idea.
Jamie Carragher is troll with no idea?

Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher thinks that may have played a part in the decision not to award a penalty in the second half.
"He's got to be careful Anthony Gordon, he's a local player and I know some of his friends and family," Carragher said.
"He's a great player and lad, one of the best on the pitch today. He caused Liverpool massive problems, it's not the first one in the first half, he's just got to be careful of that. It'll definitely be in referees' heads and maybe he hasn't got what he's deserved because of a few incidents in three or four other games. But that said, it's a stonewall penalty."

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

He talks crap a lot of the time. and is hardly a role model.

And why are you not talking about Richarlison and Pickford. You want me to react - like all trolls do.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:22 am He talks crap a lot of the time. and is hardly a role model.

And why are you not talking about Richarlison and Pickford. You want me to react - like all trolls do.
I was responding to the two earlier posts on the penalty.

I thought Pickford was a disgrace in his timewasting.

Sadly diving, simulation and exaggerating an incident are now part of the game and no EPL club is exempt. VAR has done little to remove it , not helped by FIFA unwillingness to crack down on it.

Don't worry you have poked a number of bears in here on regular basis to get a reaction, so I guess makes that you a troll as well ;-)

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

simple solution. fifa must give refs carte blanche to red card divers early on in the game then the coaches world wide would stop it quicksmart with no advantage to them. a coaches worst fear is to lose a man early in the game and they would all catch on fairly quickly and this horrible practise would soon stop and the game could become MANLY again. i reckon var is a fail. fifa should just revert to letting the ref and linespeople do their jobs and let the game flow. no one seems to like it but does fifa care. could they make things worse by bringing timeouts in as well rather than admitting ITS A FAIL. the orakle has spoken. cheers :roll:

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

theorakle wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:42 pm simple solution. fifa must give refs carte blanche to red card divers early on in the game then the coaches world wide would stop it quicksmart with no advantage to them. a coaches worst fear is to lose a man early in the game and they would all catch on fairly quickly and this horrible practise would soon stop and the game could become MANLY again. i reckon var is a fail. fifa should just revert to letting the ref and linespeople do their jobs and let the game flow. no one seems to like it but does fifa care. could they make things worse by bringing timeouts in as well rather than admitting ITS A FAIL. the orakle has spoken. cheers :roll:
Can someone buy this guy a FULL STOP please