Euro 2020

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Euro 2020

Post by Nice One Cyril »

B.Toomer wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:03 am Two of those hard to please England " fans ".
We are currently blessed with a once in a generation collection of footballers and a boring manager. That Grealish is 25 years old with less than 15 caps, says it all really.

I desperately want England to win, but my signature quote from Danny Blanchflower is how I feel about the game.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

i think you need to get over it NOC....even the Brazilians with their jogo bonito philosophy have become functional....enjoy the occasion FFS...are all POMS masochists' and self defeating???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:33 am
haywood djablowme wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:47 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:08 am Predictable team selection by Mr Interesting, predictable hard to watch performance from England against a team shorn of their best player, but we'll take the result. :grin: :grin:
What don't you like about the performance Cyril?? We dominated possession, we created 21 chances with 10 on target, we defended well & we got the desired result..
Yes we dominated the game and fully deserved to win, but let's be honest, Denmark didn't offer much up front and it's hard to watch because we're so defensive we're only ever one lucky strike away from disaster.

Stats mean diddly btw, gotta love all that sideways and backwards possession in our own half, we hardly ever missed a pass between Stones and Rice so our completion rate will be good too. I have to say, I don't remember 21 chances, nor 10 on target, but I wasn't counting, perhaps the penalty counts as two ;-)

I don't feel bad about Sterling diving to win a penalty because I thought Kane should have had one before, so it evens out, but it's not great football when you have to resort to cheating. Even for the oggie, Sterling dived over Kjaer throwing his arms in the air, he can't stop himself falling over. :lol:
I agree with you on the Kane penalty. Bad ref decision. England deserved the win but players like Sterling need to be taken out of the game. Diving like he does every match.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:40 am
B.Toomer wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:03 am Two of those hard to please England " fans ".
We are currently blessed with a once in a generation collection of footballers and a boring manager. That Grealish is 25 years old with less than 15 caps, says it all really.

I desperately want England to win, but my signature quote from Danny Blanchflower is how I feel about the game.
couldent agree more. all actors should return to the stage. :roll:

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

Who ever wins the final this forum will suffer for it lol

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

MegaBonus wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:51 am i think you need to get over it NOC....even the Brazilians with their jogo bonito philosophy have become functional....enjoy the occasion FFS...are all POMS masochists' and self defeating???
:lol: :lol: Functional football is for functional players like Greece had back in '04.

We are England and we (should) do things with style ;-)
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

laser light pointed at keeper during the penalty , very shameful from one home fan
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Animosity
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Animosity »

Grosso & GIAE heading down the pub to watch this one together?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

England fully deserving of the win.

You can debate the penalty which was there for me, especially with a whistle happy ref who thought it was a non contact sport, but you then need to debate Kane's one which was clear as day.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Animosity wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:30 am Grosso & GIAE heading down the pub to watch this one together?
I don't think I'll watch it with aussies.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:38 am England fully deserving of the win.

You can debate the penalty which was there for me, especially with a whistle happy ref who thought it was a non contact sport, but you then need to debate Kane's one which was clear as day.
I don't think it was a penalty, BUT if the ref hadn't given it I don't think VAR would have overruled. I can see why it was given and as you said, Kane's was a pen.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

England were by far the better team on the night,Sterling is a BS artist & the VAR team should be replaced by somebody competent to do the job,as they missed the clear as day pen on Kane.I hope German Felix Brych does not ref in final.Talking about final what a game that will be-bring it on!

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Kasper Schmeichels face during penalty is a talking point,i wonder if he complained to ref?

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Being illuminated with a laser pointer that is!

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

predrag wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:55 pm Kasper Schmeichels face during penalty is a talking point,i wonder if he complained to ref?
Didn't bother him, he saved the pen, just failed to keep out rebound strike
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Unread post by predrag » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:25 pm

Kasper Schmeichels face during penalty is a talking point,i wonder if he complained to ref?
in the lead up to the penalty, there was a second ball on the pitch near where Sterling dribbled into the 18yd box......what do the laws of the game say a referee has to do in this situation.....maybe we can ask Hawksey who is familiar with the rules....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

As far as i know if the second ball does not interfere with play,game goes ahead till it can be removed ASAP.Whats with the remote control cars bringing the balls to center at game start?

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Cooper wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:26 am Who ever wins the final this forum will suffer for it lol
Italians and English? Two more modest winners you will not find.

It will be quietly discussed for a couple of days, but I doubt the euro 2020 Champions will ever be brought up again after that on this forum.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

If England win and I get through all this without having a nervous breakdown I can assure you that even when not mentioned I will ALWAYS be thinking it

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

predrag wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:55 pm Kasper Schmeichels face during penalty is a talking point,i wonder if he complained to ref?
FA Charged today over this and two other offences, fireworks and disturbing Danish national anthem.

In regards to booing national anthems which also happened in the Germany game, why is this even happening ? Other countries respect Englands national anthem, but a minority English supporters choose to disrespect other countries.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

ozzie owl wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:33 am
FA Charged today over this and two other offences, fireworks and disturbing Danish national anthem.

In regards to booing national anthems which also happened in the Germany game, why is this even happening ? Other countries respect Englands national anthem, but a minority English supporters choose to disrespect other countries.
unfortunately all countries have their share of hand stimulaters. :roll:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

It's happened all my life, maybe even NOC's? Why is it suddenly an issue. It may not be right, but not really a problem.
Booing a national anthem is far better than that stupid and outdated C'mon Aussie c'mon...that should be a criminal offence.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:20 pm

It's happened all my life, maybe even NOC's? Why is it suddenly an issue. It may not be right, but not really a problem.
Booing a national anthem is far better than that stupid and outdated C'mon Aussie c'mon...that should be a criminal offence.
when do they sing cmon aussie cmon apart from the cricket sometimes ? i think you may be outdated
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:48 pm
Unread post by predrag » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:25 pm

in the lead up to the penalty, there was a second ball on the pitch near where Sterling dribbled into the 18yd box......what do the laws of the game say a referee has to do in this situation.....maybe we can ask Hawksey who is familiar with the rules....
I believe it's play on if the referee determines it to not be interfering with play. In this case, the second ball didnt cause the defender to miss a tackle so it's play on.

With the other events, If Kane's wasn't a penalty for such a soft foul then surely Sterling's. Referee was consistent with his calling of soft free kicks, even Denmark's goal was a weak free kick.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:20 pm

It didnt happen at the England games I saw in the past and it seems to be recent problem.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

You are joking aren’t you?

It’s happened for well over 40 years.

As for C’mon Aussie It’s prolific at the Olympics and Comm games.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:00 pm You are joking aren’t you?

It’s happened for well over 40 years.

As for C’mon Aussie It’s prolific at the Olympics and Comm games.
C’mon Aussie doesn’t disrespect another country like booing it’s national anthem does.

England legend Gary Lineker condemns it.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/09/gary-lin ... -14899032/

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:59 pmEngland bellend Gary Lineker condemns it.

;-)
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Why is he a bellend?

You really will be heartbroken if England win won’t you? You do nothing but slaughter the English, the league and the players.