Euro 2020

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Euro 2020

Post by MegaBonus »

i didn't put a measure on your self-importance.....just that its comical...thus your assumption is wrong..

question for you....if a person has parents of different nationalities, is it Ok to support both?
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

My kids don't support England

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Bad own goal. Not euro but funny. Haiti goalkeeper has gone viral for arguably the worst own goal ever scored vs Canada

https://twitter.com/i/status/1404985296505147394

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:18 am i didn't put a measure on your self-importance.....just that its comical...thus your assumption is wrong..

question for you....if a person has parents of different nationalities, is it Ok to support both?
Sorry for the interrupting, but for me its a yes, although what happens when they play each other? That's when your true inner self can make the call for you.
Ignore this signature

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

England took part in the dismemberment of Yugoslavia only for the reason they knew they would get an muscat whopping in the future tournaments.Still even my little Croatia made some significant wins against you.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:18 am i didn't put a measure on your self-importance.....just that its comical...thus your assumption is wrong..

I suggest you look up the definition of self importance.

NO.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

predrag wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:01 pm England took part in the dismemberment of Yugoslavia only for the reason they knew they would get an muscat whopping in the future tournaments.Still even my little Croatia made some significant wins against you.
We were peace keepers as part of UN/NATO.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Yes you were & supplying Bosnian muslims with weapons against 2 other Christian armies, similar with ISIS in Syria now.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Back to the football...............................

I reckon Scotland will give a decent account of themselves for the first sixty minutes or so but will eventually get over run and overwhelmed by a more skilful and energetic England side. Predicting 3-1 to England but would love to be proved wrong.
Come on Scotland!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:44 pm Back to the football...............................

I reckon Scotland will give a decent account of themselves for the first sixty minutes or so but will eventually get over run and overwhelmed by a more skilful and energetic England side. Predicting 3-1 to England but would love to be proved wrong.
Come on Scotland!
Only the English could make Scotland look like Brazil. Southgate is the most unadventurous manager I've seen apart from Mourinho, playing two holding midfielders against shite teams. What does Sterling have to do to get subbed? He was pus all game and still stays on and, as soon as you put two players on who might actually get the ball to the centre forward, he takes Kane off. Nice guy and says all the right things in press conferences, never upsets anyone, but Gareth has NFI and has to go surely.

To think that I gave up two hours of sleep to watch that rubbish. :shock:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Scots did well to hold out for the whole game although Sterling might have had a penalty.

Did Kane get a kick for the whole game? Grealish should have come on earlier.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Con M wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:50 am Scots did well to hold out for the whole game although Sterling might have had a penalty.

Did Kane get a kick for the whole game? Grealish should have come on earlier.
Con you are too kind on England , 90 minutes and apart from Stones header from a corner and Mount long range shot , absolutely nothing .

I agree with NOC on playing two DM all game , what was the thinking behind that ?

England were slow and ponderous and Scotland created the best chances .

Kane doesn’t look fit and Sterling was hopeless .

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:13 am
MegaBonus wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:13 am ahhhh Scotland...the country that gave the world the 'passing game'

watching it reminded me of my amateur days playing the likes of any team north of North East Rd
oracle would have loved the long ball ;-) ;-)
Either you're trolling or you didn't actually watch the game.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:54 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:44 pm Back to the football...............................

Come on Scotland!
Only the English could make Scotland look like Brazil. Southgate is the most unadventurous manager I've seen apart from Mourinho, playing two holding midfielders against shite teams. What does Sterling have to do to get subbed? He was pus all game and still stays on and, as soon as you put two players on who might actually get the ball to the centre forward, he takes Kane off. Nice guy and says all the right things in press conferences, never upsets anyone, but Gareth has NFI and has to go surely.

To think that I gave up two hours of sleep to watch that rubbish. :shock:
The midfield build up play was almost non existent , just a succession of passes across the back lines , the first thought was always the defensive safe option . Let’s be honest Scotland created more chances .

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

directed at me or Ozzie???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:24 am
directed at me or Ozzie???

Can be at both of you if you like.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

have a look at the date....I was referring to Scotland's first game....and yes...i watched the game and no, im not trolling....

England have an identity crisis......their 'playing DNA' is in contradiction to how the players and fans want them to play...

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

MegaBonus wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:42 am have a look at the date....I was referring to Scotland's first game....and yes...i watched the game and no, im not trolling....

England have an identity crisis......their 'playing DNA' is in contradiction to how the players and fans want them to play...
It was clearly on the 1st game and yes I watched it.

Mind you Scotland improved on the first game effort unlike England who turned in a lifeless performance .

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Can't seem to find any results for Grease.....

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

You sexy Scots,maybe just helped Croatia in the group,excitement to the max last round-i love it!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:56 pm
MegaBonus wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:42 am have a look at the date....I was referring to Scotland's first game....and yes...i watched the game and no, im not trolling....

It was clearly on the 1st game and yes I watched it.

Mind you Scotland improved on the first game effort unlike England who turned in a lifeless performance .

I'm not convinced you watched it.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

What a cracker Portugal v Germany this morning, what a refreshing change from that dross served up at Wembley.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

ozzie owl wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:56 am What a cracker Portugal v Germany this morning, what a refreshing change from that dross served up at Wembley.
Would hope that was a dig at England and not the Scots, I'm sure if we had someone like Kane up front we would be more adventurous. If Southgate is running scared against an average (not shite as has been suggested) Scottish team then how will they cope against the more fancied nations, and in particular Belgium and France? England are still a decent side but I'm unsure if they have learnt from past experiences in major tournaments. If Southgate lets the shackles off and plays to their strengths they still pose a threat, if they play it cagey like against us Scots they have no chance.

And yes, the Portugal v Germany game was a cracker, though GIAE will ask if you actually watched it? :grin:

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Portuguese players left their balls on field trying to score again,what an effort-a truly beautiful game to watch!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:57 am
ozzie owl wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:56 am What a cracker Portugal v Germany this morning, what a refreshing change from that dross served up at Wembley.
Would hope that was a dig at England and not the Scots, I'm sure if we had someone like Kane up front we would be more adventurous. If Southgate is running scared against an average (not shite as has been suggested) Scottish team then how will they cope against the more fancied nations, and in particular Belgium and France? England are still a decent side but I'm unsure if they have learnt from past experiences in major tournaments. If Southgate lets the shackles off and plays to their strengths they still pose a threat, if they play it cagey like against us Scots they have no chance.

And yes, the Portugal v Germany game was a cracker, though GIAE will ask if you actually watched it? :grin:
Actually best chances in the England v Scotland game fell to Scotland , England didn’t create anything decent in the match ,

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

he is just a troll, always knocking England and anything english.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Big night for Wales tonight a draw is enough to get them a spot in the Round of 16.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:09 pm

he is just a troll, always knocking England and anything english.
Don't worry you give the old Troll button a fair hammering ;-) ;-)

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

No need to panic. Henderson & McGuire are fit again now so we can leave Grealish, Foden, Bellingham & Sancho on the bench. Go 3 at the back, 5 defensive in mid, pull Kane in deep and knock it long to sterling, praying at least one of his ricochets will be fortuitous. Keep the faith

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:08 pm No need to panic. Henderson & McGuire are fit again now so we can leave Grealish, Foden, Bellingham & Sancho on the bench. Go 3 at the back, 5 defensive in mid, pull Kane in deep and knock it long to sterling, praying at least one of his ricochets will be fortuitous. Keep the faith
:lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower