McGree signs for Birmingham again

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

McGree signs for Birmingham again

Post by Old Master »

Riley McGree: Birmingham City re-sign Charlotte FC midfielder on loan

Last updated on19 May 202119 May 2021.
From the sectionBirmingham

Riley McGree scored in Birmingham's win at Preston in October
Birmingham City have re-signed midfielder Riley McGree on loan from North Carolina-based franchise Charlotte FC until 1 January.

The Australia Under-23 international, 22, can also play at wing-back and made 15 appearances for the Blues this term.

McGree's parent club are a planned Major League Soccer expansion team that is expected to begin playing in 2022.

"I am settled here at Birmingham and have got good relationships with the staff and players," he said.

Birmingham head coach Lee Bowyer added: "Since I've come through the door Riley has been great. He's worked hard, has good quality on the ball and a lovely left foot."

The Blues finished 18th in the Championship this season.

Find all the latest football transfers on our dedicated page.

Typical English Football Press - no mention of him coming from Adelaide. OM :thumbdown:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: McGree signs for Birmingham again

Post by Scholes »

Why would they mention that? They don't care where a player comes from, although, it helps to have a U.K. passport. You are trying to say that coming from Adelaide is something special. :lol:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

B.Toomer wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:57 pm Why would they mention that? They don't care where a player comes from, although, it helps to have a U.K. passport. You are trying to say that coming from Adelaide is something special. :lol:
You found it special enough to reside here.
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:43 am
B.Toomer wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:57 pm Why would they mention that? They don't care where a player comes from, although, it helps to have a U.K. passport. You are trying to say that coming from Adelaide is something special. :lol:
You found it special enough to reside here.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: