F.A. Cup 2021.

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

F.A. Cup 2021.

Post by Con M »

The English season showpiece finale, the 20/21 F.A. Cup Final is on @ 1.45am Adelaide time, Sunday 16 May. It will be fought out between the finalists, Chelsea and Leicester.

A COVID limit of 22,000 fans will be allowed into Wembley and it will be shown on Lord Murdoch’s PayTV Ch509 (ESPN).

Oh for ye olde days when it was on earlier @ 11pm Adelaide time, shown on free-to-air on ABC or SBS and even AFL & NRL types held F.A. Cup night parties throughout Australia.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: F.A. Cup 2021.

Post by predrag »

The FA cup was always a treat for me to view, pity everything is off free to air these days.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

What a Cup Final! What a strike by Tielemans to win it for “little” Leicester! What a difference an involved crowd make.

This final had everything, even for the neutral. Schmeichel with two magnificent saves when Chelsea were relentless in the second half. Morgan came on late as an extra defender, his first game since December. VAR disallowing a Chelsea ‘goal’ near the end by inches.

Congrats to Leicester City on their first-ever F.A. Cup win.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Con M wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:59 am What a Cup Final! What a strike by Tielemans to win it for “little” Leicester! What a difference an involved crowd make.

This final had everything, even for the neutral. Schmeichel with two magnificent saves when Chelsea were relentless in the second half. Morgan came on late as an extra defender, his first game since December. VAR disallowing a Chelsea ‘goal’ near the end by inches.

Yes Con, it was a game that flowed and was a typical old fashioned Cup Final with nothing left on the pitch except sweat and tears and Leicester were deserved winners, despite the off-side incident. :clap: :clap: :clap:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Tuchel needs to look at himself. He is a great organizer but he tinkers with teams to often. Always seems to be a runner up.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Con M wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:59 am What a Cup Final! What a strike by Tielemans to win it for “little” Leicester! What a difference an involved crowd make.

Great result for the game and proves again how wrong the ESL clubs were in trying to destroy this.

One pity it wasn't a stand alone 3pm kick off and the last game of the English domestic season.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

As a lad this is one game that I would never miss i only found out the game was played on Monday when i read the paper, not much publicity these days

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Rookie wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:38 am As a lad this is one game that I would never miss i only found out the game was played on Monday when i read the paper, not much publicity these days
Does it still get the winner into European competition or is it now just a supporter's game?
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Rookie wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:38 am As a lad this is one game that I would never miss i only found out the game was played on Monday when i read the paper, not much publicity these days
Sadly the continual expansion of the European tournaments has devalued the FA Cup in the eyes of the EPL clubs. The move from traditional 3pm as the stand alone last game of the season was negative move IMO.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

More to it than that.

Semi finals at Wembley
Penalties and not multiple replays
10 day gaps before a replay
Utd being allowed to not participate
So many other games on TV