Paulo Rossi RIP

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Paulo Rossi RIP

Post by Grosso Mk II »

:(

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Paulo Rossi RIP

Post by Con M »

Sad. RIP. Brilliant predatory goals against Brazil in the 1982 World Cup.

SP999
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SP999 »

What a champion he was!

RIP

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

A true legend of the game.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Pasing of a true legend, what a player.
Paolo Rossi scored more than 150 goals in his career but if you wanted to understand the brilliance of a player whose death at the age of 64 sent Italy into mourning on Thursday, it may be enough to watch the one he grabbed in the 1982 World Cup final.
Or, more realistically, perhaps a slow-motion replay. The Italy striker does not appear to have position on his West Germany opponent Karlheinz Förster as Claudio Gentile prepares to send in a cross from the right. Only with repeat viewings does it become clear Rossi has started his run a frame or two sooner, building velocity, anticipating the delivery before it has even been dispatched. He beats Förster, and his own team-mate Antonio Cabrini, to the ball by a fraction, heading in from close range.
“That goal, more than any other goal that I scored, had the distinctive feel of being my kind of goal: a goal that reflected my characteristics,” remembered Rossi in the 2018 documentary One To Eleven. “It was mine, because I stole that 10th of a second from the defender. I went before he did and I knew he would not be able to catch me.”
Few could. Rossi was rarely the fastest player, yet somehow he was usually the quickest: stepping away from his marker before they even noticed he was gone. Fulvio Collovati, a teammate in that 1982 World Cup side, but a rival in Serie A for many years, described him as “pure phosphorus”.

source
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... on-tribute
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Sad day for the Football world and the Rossi family, RIP Paolo Rossi :(

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

R.I.P Paulo Rossi.

A player who always managed to lose his marker in tight situations and his finishing was second to none.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details