Diego Maradona dies

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Diego Maradona dies

Post by Old Master »

Con M wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:25 pm
Old Master wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:03 pm The 'Hand of God' goal will always taint his memory but in the very same match he demonstrated why he is regarded the GOAT by making six England defenders look like training cones.

I used to use that goal to explain to doubting children that being able to weave through cones at full pace was a useful training tool.

I'll also remember him for breaking Australian hearts when he did something I never saw anyone else do and that was turning Milan Ivanovic inside out and scoring a brilliant goal to knock us out of the World Cup.

RIP to the flawed Genius that is Diego Maradona.
He did turn Ivanovic inside out on the flank but then crossed to Abel Balbo who scored. Australia equalised 6 mins later through Aurelio Vidmar. A French newspaper described this flawed genius Maradona as “half angel, half devil”.
Thanks for correcting my mistake Con, i got caught up in the emotion of the day.

I'd just sat through a number of tribute videos for Diego and saw so many incredible moments when he tore defences apart with a single act of genius definitely the GOAT. :thumbup:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Why would you get caught up in emotion about a game involving 2 countries that aren't your own?

Bodø Glimt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bodø Glimt »

God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:24 am You were one of 4 teams that did so. We played a number of teams in the world cup of 1994, we just didn't play any in the FINALS.
One of 5 if that's your angle.