Nobby Stiles RIP

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Nobby Stiles RIP

Post by ozzie owl »

Sad passing of World Cup legend Nobby Stiles.

Years Team Apps (Gls)
1960–1971 Manchester United 311 (17)
1971–1973 Middlesbrough 57 (2)
1973–1975 Preston North End 46 (1)
Total 414 (20)
National team
1965–1968 Football League XI 3 (0)
1965–1970 England 28 (1)

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Nobby Stiles RIP

Post by Old Master »

England World Cup winner Nobby Stiles dies aged 78

(Manchester United)
England World Cup winner and former Manchester United player Nobby Stiles has died at the age of 78.

UPDATEDUPDATED 4 HOURS AGO

Stiles' family confirmed that the one-time midfielder passed away peacefully on Friday after a long illness.

Manchester-born Stiles earned 28 caps for England and was a big part of the squad that won the World Cup in 1966.

Two years later, he was part of the United side that became the first English club to win the European Cup.

He made almost 400 appearances for United in all competitions across an 11-year spell at Old Trafford and went on to play for Middlesbrough and Preston North End, before hanging up his boots in 1975.

A statement from United read: "We are extremely saddened to learn of the passing of Nobby Stiles MBE.

"An integral part of our first-ever European Cup-winning side, Nobby was a titan of the club's history, cherished for his heart and personality on and off the pitch. He will be sorely missed by us all."

The England national team Twitter account posted: "We're incredibly saddened to learn of the passing of Nobby Stiles, a key member of our World Cup-winning squad, at the age of 78. All of our thoughts are with Nobby's loved ones."

Former England striker Gary Lineker was also among those to pay tribute to Stiles on social media, tweeting: "Saddened to hear that Nobby Stiles has passed away.

"Another of our 1966 World Cup winning heroes leaves us. He had a heart that was even bigger than the gap in his teeth. RIP Nobby."

SOURCE OMNISPORT

RIP Nobby, I'll never forget those twenty yard, sliding two footed, challenges in the mud of Old Trafford.

Wouldn't get away with them today but there was never any malice in anything you did. OM
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

nobby played when football was MANLY. no actors,no softcoks no yanks,no agents and sundry other parasites that blight the game. unfortunately the game has changed and not all for the better. :(

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Did an American lady cheat on you or knock you back?

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

:?:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

theorakle wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:37 am nobby played when football was MANLY. no actors,no softcoks no yanks,no agents and sundry other parasites that blight the game. unfortunately the game has changed and not all for the better. :(

Wow, such racism

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:07 pm
theorakle wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:37 am nobby played when football was MANLY. no actors,no softcoks no yanks,no agents and sundry other parasites that blight the game. unfortunately the game has changed and not all for the better. :(

Wow, such racism
racism :?: :wtf: stop being a millwall troll champ. you know what i posted is true im sorry to say. :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:14 pm

Wow, such racism
racism :?: :wtf: stop being a millwall troll champ. you know what i posted is true im sorry to say. :roll:
It's not true at all, I always liked Kasey Keller and John Kerr was our first goalscorer at The "New" Den.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:16 pm

Wow, such racism
It's not true at all, I always liked Kasey Keller and John Kerr was our first goalscorer at The "New" Den.
surely you realise I wasn't refering to American players, just the rich owners who try to change everything they didn't invent, :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:32 am

Wow, such racism
surely you realise I wasn't refering to American players, just the rich owners who try to change everything they didn't invent, :roll:
Millwall have an american owner, he seems pretty good so far. I don't see how his nationality changes anything, I care more about less foreign players than I do about less foreign owners.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Wow, such racism
Zak Whitbread feeling left out

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Champions at last wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:10 pm

Wow, such racism
Zak Whitbread feeling left out
Good old Zak, apologies if he's reading. He's no pint of Stella though.