European Premier League?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Re: European Premier League?

Post by N5 1BH »

theorakle wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:19 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:15 am
theorakle wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:45 am well giae what do you think of american owners now. this has been comming since 1994. if the yanks got control of FIFA we would all want blatter back. :(

Millwall have a yank owner and I like him so I certainly wouldn't just an entire nationality on the actions of a few people for that country. Only a racist would do that.

Daniel Levy is English, what are your thoughts on English owners now?
joe lewis owns spurs not levy he is a yank isnt he. millwalls owner must only be a millionaire but lets be honest yanks are only involved in english football because of the money it generates NOTHING MORE and even you should realise this by now. my worry is that billionaires usualy get their own way on this planet as they are above the laws we peasants are forced to abide by. i hope all players request transfers. :( :( :(
Joe ‘tax dodger’ Lewis is a Caribbean based cockney

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

What’s happened to the free market capitalists? Why shouldn’t these privately owned investments be allowed to prioritise their overseas customers if there is a larger wedge to be had. All these luddites holding back progress, for shame. Remember there is no such a thing as society.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

N5 1BH wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:31 am What’s happened to the free market capitalists? Why shouldn’t these privately owned investments be allowed to prioritise their overseas customers if there is a larger wedge to be had. All these luddites holding back progress, for shame. Remember there is no such a thing as society.
nothing against the free market and as shown they could have still done this if they wanted to but like anything in life if there is enough backlash from the masses the pressure can take its toll and could damage their brand in the long run
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:41 am
N5 1BH wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:31 am What’s happened to the free market capitalists? Why shouldn’t these privately owned investments be allowed to prioritise their overseas customers if there is a larger wedge to be had. All these luddites holding back progress, for shame. Remember there is no such a thing as society.
nothing against the free market and as shown they could have still done this if they wanted to but like anything in life if there is enough backlash from the masses the pressure can take its toll and could damage their brand in the long run
My guess is they only worried about Gov & FA/uefa consequences rather than any English community feelings. Regulatory interference brings a good outcome ?

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

N5 1BH wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:50 am
My guess is they only worried about Gov & FA/uefa consequences rather than any English community feelings. Regulatory interference brings a good outcome ?
agree but remember even a free market usually has boundaries and regulatory limitations

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:55 pm
agree but remember even a free market usually has boundaries and regulatory limitations
Well it's all over now, so it will be interesting how UEFA and FIFA react to the challenge to their authority, they've always taken a dim view when anyone challenges them in the past.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

Old Master wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:09 pm
Well it's all over now, so it will be interesting how UEFA and FIFA react to the challenge to their authority, they've always taken a dim view when anyone challenges them in the past.
a year or two off from euro comps would be a start and send a message

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm
Old Master wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:09 pm
a year or two off from euro comps would be a start and send a message
Great Idea, Dave :grin: :clap:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Absolutely agree, hit the dirty backstabbing pricks hard with severe sanctions & fines for each. I wouldn’t complain about relegation, treachery should have a heavy price. Importantly legislate to change the ownership model, doesn’t have to be like the krauts but with similar intent. Also transfer bans imposed, no more 30 year old chelsea players allowed to Arsenal would be a good start

fsn1926
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by fsn1926 »

theorakle wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:45 am well giae what do you think of american owners now. this has been comming since 1994. if the yanks got control of FIFA we would all want blatter back. :(

Millwall have a yank owner and I like him so I certainly wouldn't just an entire nationality on the actions of a few people for that country. Only a racist would do that.

joe lewis owns spurs not levy he is a yank isnt he. millwalls owner must only be a millionaire but lets be honest yanks are only involved in english football because of the money it generates NOTHING MORE and even you should realise this by now. my worry is that billionaires usualy get their own way on this planet as they are above the laws we peasants are forced to abide by. i hope all players request transfers. :( :( :(
Joe Lewis was born in Bow so not sure when the east end became america
Formerly know as YIDDO

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Joe Lewis is a Londoner.

Once again, you are judging an entire nation by the attitude of 2 people. RACIST.

Of The 6 we have

2 x yanks
2 x Russians
1 x Englishman
1 x Abu Dhabi

Why do you only have an issue with one of the nationalities?

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Joe Lewis is a Londoner.

Once again, you are judging an entire nation by the attitude of 2 people. RACIST.

Of The 6 we have

2 x yanks
2 x Russians
1 x Englishman
1 x Abu Dhabi

why. :?: cos yanks take money out of clubs the others put money in ok. :roll:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

N5 1BH wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:04 pm Absolutely agree, hit the dirty backstabbing pricks hard with severe sanctions & fines for each. I wouldn’t complain about relegation, treachery should have a heavy price. Importantly legislate to change the ownership model, doesn’t have to be like the krauts but with similar intent. Also transfer bans imposed, no more 30 year old chelsea players allowed to Arsenal would be a good start
The 12 clubs should face some severe penalties , maybe 2 year transfer ban ? That will keep them quiet for a while.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:30 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Joe Lewis is a Londoner.

Of The 6 we have

2 x yanks
2 x Russians
1 x Englishman
1 x Abu Dhabi

why. :?: cos yanks take money out of clubs the others put money in ok. :roll:
John Berylson has put a lot of money into his club. But you don't like him because of his nationality. That's racism.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:04 pm Absolutely agree, hit the dirty backstabbing pricks hard with severe sanctions & fines for each. I wouldn’t complain about relegation, treachery should have a heavy price. Importantly legislate to change the ownership model, doesn’t have to be like the krauts but with similar intent. Also transfer bans imposed, no more 30 year old chelsea players allowed to Arsenal would be a good start
Whilst I share the same sentiments, they should all be shoved into Div 4, it won't happen. Nothing will happen because the powers that be really aren't that powerful, the fans have a certain amount of power because football with empty stadia just isn't sellable and clubs still like the matchday revenue.

All the rubbish should go to Arsenal, you built your stadium on a council tip after all ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

No rules were broken so it will be interesting what justification you have for your idea.

I was anti the idea but what you want has no legal merit.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Champions at last wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:07 am No rules were broken so it will be interesting what justification you have for your idea.

Bringing the game into disrepute.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

got to be careful not to bite the hand that feeds you....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Champions at last wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:07 am No rules were broken so it will be interesting what justification you have for your idea.

They secretly signed legal contracts to form a league / cartel separate from and detrimental to the various competitions they are already obligated to. If that’s not a serious breach of their current contracts then what is

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

They wanted to still play in the domestic league. The FA/PL wouldn't have a leg to stand on trying to punish them.

(again I am not defending them)

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:33 am

They secretly signed legal contracts to form a league / cartel separate from and detrimental to the various competitions they are already obligated to. If that’s not a serious breach of their current contracts then what is
The contract is to play in the PL

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Champions at last wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:11 pm
N5 1BH wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:33 am

The contract is to play in the PL

Premier League Handbook

Other Competitions
L.9. Except with the prior written approval of the Board, during the Season a Club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:
L.9.1. the UEFA Champions League;
L.9.2. the UEFA Europa League;
L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;
L.9.4. the F.A. Community Shield;
L.9.5. the Football League Cup;
or L.9.6. competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.

L.10. Each Club shall enter the F.A. Cup.

L.11. Qualification for UEFA Club Competitions shall be on sporting merit through domestic competitions controlled or sanctioned by The Football Association. Clubs qualifying for a UEFA Club Competition must apply for a UEFA Club Licence in accordance with the Licensing Manual.

https://resources.premierleague.com/pre ... 240321.pdf

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

during the Season a Club shall not enter or play its senior men’s
They didn't play any games during the season. If they had then they could be punished. and they hadn't yet entered one, they showed intent to do so.
L.11. Qualification for UEFA Club Competitions shall be on sporting merit through domestic competitions controlled or sanctioned by The Football Association. Clubs qualifying for a UEFA Club Competition must apply for a UEFA Club Licence in accordance with the Licensing Manual.
they didn't want to play in UEFA competitions

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

I’m not a lawyer but if they haven’t breached their contracts then those contracts are worthless

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:58 pm I’m not a lawyer but if they haven’t breached their contracts then those contracts are worthless
if Man City can get away with FFP breaches, I am sure these clubs have nothing to worry about.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Just remember the 6 EPL sides part of ESL were also part of Project Big Picture , didn’t learn from their first failed grab at power and wealth . Time for changes so that this never happens again .

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Love how the ones on here disgusted by the Euro super league break off also support Adelaide United and the a league :lol:

The Super league would have concentrated all the money in football toward a handful of invitation only big clubs. That would leave clubs like Everton, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday to be player farms feeding these big clubs in the hope the big clubs throw them some scraps for their efforts. What a miserly existence.

Exactly like the A league. Yet still we have supporters in Oz with NFI. What a pathetic place football in this country has become :oops:
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

MetroStars TV Ad wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:56 am Love how the ones on here disgusted by the Euro super league break off also support Adelaide United and the a league :lol:

The Super league would have concentrated all the money in football toward a handful of invitation only big clubs. That would leave clubs like Everton, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday to be player farms feeding these big clubs in the hope the big clubs throw them some scraps for their efforts. What a miserly existence.

Exactly like the A league. Yet still we have supporters in Oz with NFI. What a pathetic place football in this country has become :oops:
No idea , comparing England 60m people , number one sport , EPL richest league in the world saturation media coverage and multi billion dollar tv deals .

Australia , 25m people, football number 4th sport here, virtual media blackout and small tv deals .

That’s what I call no idea .

You do realise that the A League was born out of a slowly dying NSL competition .

Before you say I’m not anti NSL , I watched it from season one to the end.

Please tell me how many clubs in Adelaide could genuinely sustain themselves in a national competition ?

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

ozzie owl wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:15 am
MetroStars TV Ad wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:56 am Love how the ones on here disgusted by the Euro super league break off also support Adelaide United and the a league :lol:

No idea , comparing England 60m people , number one sport , EPL richest league in the world saturation media coverage and multi billion dollar tv deals .

Australia , 25m people, football number 4th sport here, virtual media blackout and small tv deals .

You do realise that the A League was born out of a slowly dying NSL competition .

Please tell me how many clubs in Adelaide could genuinely sustain themselves in a national competition ?
You've had it explained before. You're a morøn.

One closed exclusive system bad

Another closed exclusive system good

:lol:
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

MetroStars TV Ad wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:38 am
ozzie owl wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:15 am

You've had it explained before. You're a morøn.

One closed exclusive system bad

Another closed exclusive system good

:lol:
Please explain how your fully funded model is going to work.