European Premier League?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: European Premier League?

Post by Bomber »

Anyone, apart from the odd billionaire owner, actually think this is a good concept? I haven't seen/heard any yet.
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:44 pm Anyone, apart from the odd billionaire owner, actually think this is a good concept? I haven't seen/heard any yet.
The greedy agents will be hoping for even more inflated transfer fees out of this.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:44 pm Anyone, apart from the odd billionaire owner, actually think this is a good concept? I haven't seen/heard any yet.
I think a lot of overseas "fans" will think it's a great idea. Real fans will hate it.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:19 pm
I think a lot of overseas "fans" will think it's a great idea. Real fans will hate it.
Stuff what Madrid fans think ;-)
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

cant see it happening.....players would be banned from FIFA sanctioned tournaments including the WC as well as these clubs being banned from competing in their domestic tournaments...just a bargaining ploy by these clubs to get more pf the CL $$$ pie
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

MegaBonus wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:04 pm cant see it happening.....players would be banned from FIFA sanctioned tournaments including the WC as well as these clubs being banned from competing in their domestic tournaments...just a bargaining ploy by these clubs to get more pf the CL $$$ pie
How much do they want ? This just smacks of total greed , arrogance and disregard for the game.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Pure greed stands behind this league,Champions league has not been about champions for a long time now,this will deepen the divide of the footballs rich/poor clubs.I am glad players in this league may get bans from playing in Euros,or world cups of future.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

it would be the end of civilisation as we know it. totaly disgusting. i pray it does not happen :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :(

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:19 pm
Let’s hope these real fans boycott the matches and refuse to pay to watch this farce .

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

We can't even beat Fulham, we are currently sitting 10th on the EPL table.. what gives us the right to even be in a Super League
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:33 am We can't even beat Fulham, we are currently sitting 10th on the EPL table.. what gives us the right to even be in a Super League
+1 :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Were Glasgow Rangers invited? ;-)
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Good to see James Milner come and critisize the ESL.

Did the 6 greedy owners really think this would sail through without outrage.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:47 am Good to see James Milner come and critisize the ESL.

They've calculated that they don't actually need the real fans who turn up at 3pm every Saturday, who travel the length and breadth of the country and continent to support the team, they're more interested in the massive populations in Asia who will pay to stream the games and buy their merchandise.

If it goes ahead, FIFA should give lifetime bans from playing for their country or in any FIFA tournament, to any player signing a new contract with one of these clubs. You can't blame players already contracted, they're innocents in this, but let's see how many top level players want to take the risk of signing, not many I suspect. All of a sudden, the 'Super' league will only have second string players and won't look so super.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

This has sounds of World Series Cricket when it happened. How did that end up?

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

eagleboy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:19 am This has sounds of World Series Cricket when it happened. How did that end up?
Difference is cricketers were massively underpaid for the income they were generating plus test cricket was the only consistent form of the game

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

eagleboy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:19 am This has sounds of World Series Cricket when it happened. How did that end up?
Only lasted a few years ;-)
Ignore this signature

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

well giae what do you think of american owners now. this has been comming since 1994. if the yanks got control of FIFA we would all want blatter back. :(

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

theorakle wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:45 am well giae what do you think of american owners now. this has been comming since 1994. if the yanks got control of FIFA we would all want blatter back. :(

Millwall have a yank owner and I like him so I certainly wouldn't just an entire nationality on the actions of a few people for that country. Only a racist would do that.

Daniel Levy is English, what are your thoughts on English owners now?

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:58 am
haywood djablowme wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:33 am We can't even beat Fulham, we are currently sitting 10th on the EPL table.. what gives us the right to even be in a Super League
At least we have won the premier league 😉 so that saying, what gives you guys the right to play with the big boys.. 🤣
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

fsn1926
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by fsn1926 »

haywood djablowme wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:16 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:58 am
At least we have won the premier league 😉 so that saying, what gives you guys the right to play with the big boys.. 🤣
We have a bar that fills pints up from the bottom is our claim to fame at moment
Formerly know as YIDDO

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:15 am
theorakle wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:45 am well giae what do you think of american owners now. this has been comming since 1994. if the yanks got control of FIFA we would all want blatter back. :(

Millwall have a yank owner and I like him so I certainly wouldn't just an entire nationality on the actions of a few people for that country. Only a racist would do that.

i have just received my new stockport county shirt. go stockport and seaford. :thumbup:

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

Super League want to shorten game time,because young people up to age of 24 cant watch a full game of football,because it is to long for their attention spans. :clap:

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:58 am
ozzie owl wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:47 am Good to see James Milner come and critisize the ESL.

They've calculated that they don't actually need the real fans who turn up at 3pm every Saturday, who travel the length and breadth of the country and continent to support the team, they're more interested in the massive populations in Asia who will pay to stream the games and buy their merchandise.

If it goes ahead, FIFA should give lifetime bans from playing for their country or in any FIFA tournament, to any player signing a new contract with one of these clubs. You can't blame players already contracted, they're innocents in this, but let's see how many top level players want to take the risk of signing, not many I suspect. All of a sudden, the 'Super' league will only have second string players and won't look so super.
new normal

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Already beginning to unravel :lol:

How can such wealthy, successful businessmen so spectacularly misjudge the public mood? Perhaps they don't give a cabernet.
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:59 am Already beginning to unravel :lol:

How can such wealthy, successful businessmen so spectacularly misjudge the public mood? Perhaps they don't give a cabernet.
I think it must be latter .

Looks like Man City and Chelski set to withdraw from the ESL .

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

ozzie owl wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:07 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:59 am Already beginning to unravel :lol:

I think it must be latter .

Looks like Man City and Chelski set to withdraw from the ESL .
And Arsenal thank goodness!

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Arrogance
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

All english teams now it seems.

Watch the owners have a hissy and look elsewhere to play with their billions.
Ignore this signature

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:15 am

joe lewis owns spurs not levy he is a yank isnt he. millwalls owner must only be a millionaire but lets be honest yanks are only involved in english football because of the money it generates NOTHING MORE and even you should realise this by now. my worry is that billionaires usualy get their own way on this planet as they are above the laws we peasants are forced to abide by. i hope all players request transfers. :( :( :(