European Premier League?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: European Premier League?

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

ozzie owl wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:53 am
MetroStars TV Ad wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:38 am
ozzie owl wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:15 am
MetroStars TV Ad wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:56 am Love how the ones on here disgusted by the Euro super league break off also support Adelaide United and the a league :lol:

The Super league would have concentrated all the money in football toward a handful of invitation only big clubs. That would leave clubs like Everton, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday to be player farms feeding these big clubs in the hope the big clubs throw them some scraps for their efforts. What a miserly existence.

Exactly like the A league. Yet still we have supporters in Oz with NFI. What a pathetic place football in this country has become :oops:
No idea , comparing England 60m people , number one sport , EPL richest league in the world saturation media coverage and multi billion dollar tv deals .

Australia , 25m people, football number 4th sport here, virtual media blackout and small tv deals .

That’s what I call no idea .

You do realise that the A League was born out of a slowly dying NSL competition .

Before you say I’m not anti NSL , I watched it from season one to the end.

Please tell me how many clubs in Adelaide could genuinely sustain themselves in a national competition ?
You've had it explained before. You're a morøn.

One closed exclusive system bad

Another closed exclusive system good

:lol:
Please explain how your fully funded model is going to work.
Football in this country is lucky to have deep thinkers like you :lol:
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

MetroStars TV Ad wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:22 pm
MetroStars TV Ad wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:56 am Love how the ones on here disgusted by the Euro super league break off also support Adelaide United and the a league :lol:

The Super league would have concentrated all the money in football toward a handful of invitation only big clubs. That would leave clubs like Everton, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday to be player farms feeding these big clubs in the hope the big clubs throw them some scraps for their efforts. What a miserly existence.

Exactly like the A league. Yet still we have supporters in Oz with NFI. What a pathetic place football in this country has become :oops:
No idea , comparing England 60m people , number one sport , EPL richest league in the world saturation media coverage and multi billion dollar tv deals .

Australia , 25m people, football number 4th sport here, virtual media blackout and small tv deals .

You do realise that the A League was born out of a slowly dying NSL competition .

Please tell me how many clubs in Adelaide could genuinely sustain themselves in a national competition ?

zzzz

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

ozzie owl wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:03 pm
MetroStars TV Ad wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:22 pm

zzzz
Ozzie football puts me to sleep too
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Love how Perez (Real Madrid President )says the ESL is not dead yet, isn’t there only two sides still in this crazy league ?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Good to see Italian Football Federation (FIGC) has approved a rule that would ban clubs who sign up to breakaway competitions from competing in Serie A.

Lets hope the FA do the same thing ASAP .

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Don’t know the ins and outs of the old NSL but wasn’t that also invite only in that it was a single division separate from the football pyramid with no promotion / relegation structure based on merit. Has Australia ever even had a national sporting league for any code with automatic promotion / relegation between divisions. To be effective would require at least a div 2 before zonal leagues, commercial suicide ??

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

N5 1BH wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:54 am

Don’t know the ins and outs of the old NSL but wasn’t that also invite only in that it was a single division separate from the football pyramid with no promotion / relegation structure based on merit. Has Australia ever even had a national sporting league for any code with automatic promotion / relegation between divisions. To be effective would require at least a div 2 before zonal leagues, commercial suicide ??

Yes
The old NSL

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

In regards to the old NSL yes it did have relegation from 1977 with Mooralbark the first side ever relegated. Relegatin continued to 1995 with Paramatta Eagles the last side relegated. This page in wikipedia gives summary of NSL histor7 from its first season 1977 to when the league folded in 2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Soccer_League

As for promo-relegation great idea but can the game deliver an economic model to sustain it ?

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

So the NSL had promotion & relegation ? wiki isn’t clear. How was promotion decided ? Was there two divisions or did all the state winners play off to decide who went up each year. Did the relegated team go back to their state league. How did Adelaide Utd get into the NSL in the first place

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Just had a look at a couple of the links at the bottom of the wiki page. Says South Melbourne were bottom in 1979 and West Adelaide were bottom in 1981. How come they weren’t relegated, who missed out on promotion ?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

N5 1BH wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:30 am So the NSL had promotion & relegation ? wiki isn’t clear. How was promotion decided ? Was there two divisions or did all the state winners play off to decide who went up each year. Did the relegated team go back to their state league. How did Adelaide Utd get into the NSL in the first place
In regards to AU it was formed in 2003 by the SASF and Gordon Pickard following the withdrawal of Adelaide City from the NSL. However with launch of the A League in 2005 AU like all clubs was privately owned.

As for how promotion was determined to the NSL I am not sure, can anyone else help.

Grosso Mk II
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso Mk II »

ozzie owl wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:23 am

In regards to the old NSL yes it did have relegation from 1977 with Mooralbark the first side ever relegated. Relegatin continued to 1995 with Paramatta Eagles the last side relegated. This page in wikipedia gives summary of NSL histor7 from its first season 1977 to when the league folded in 2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Soccer_League

As for promo-relegation great idea but can the game deliver an economic model to sustain it ?
I dunno if the 100 or so other countries that delivered it count for proof of concept or not

maybe it depends on the who benefits part of the economic model when it comes to Australia that is at issue...

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

That’s a fair point, I think we all know the FSA are more than capable of stitching up the npl / state league clubs and in the process robbing the kids blind to keep their illusion of domestic and international relevance afloat. Though whatever anyone thinks, no getting away from the fact another bankrupted national football league would probably finish the game off here for good.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:13 am
Champions at last wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:07 am No rules were broken so it will be interesting what justification you have for your idea.

I was anti the idea but what you want has no legal merit.
Bringing the game into disrepute.
So that's it a £3.5 Mil fine each, sort of. Oh and don't do it again.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

N5 1BH wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:28 am
Champions at last wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:07 am No rules were broken so it will be interesting what justification you have for your idea.

Mere slap on the wrist for the big clubs.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

ozzie owl wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:16 pm
N5 1BH wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:28 am

Mere slap on the wrist for the big clubs.
Big clubs plus Spurs and rich Clubs like City and Chelsea.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

wonder how many death threats the big 6 super rich owners have had. :?: :?: :?:

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

theorakle wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:47 am wonder how many death threats the big 6 super rich owners have had. :?: :?: :?:
Nowhere near enough

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

With the Barcelona in financial mess , you can see why they wanted the ESL to happen.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... rmoil.html

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

With the court case ruling , how long before the push for the ESL happens?

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

ozzie owl wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:34 am With the court case ruling , how long before the push for the ESL happens?
i pray it never happens. their are 27 tiers of football in england which would be ruined if it did. all these selfish mega rich owners are only there for personal profit,nothing more and care nothing for the lovers of the game. they have to be stopped. just like bloody china. :thumbdown:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

No wonder Juventus want the ESL to happen just posted a $339m loss.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2021 ... ses-e210m/

Tranmere Rovers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Tranmere Rovers »

theorakle wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:06 pm i have just received my new stockport county shirt. :thumbup:

Thanks for visiting Birkenhead. :thumbup:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Tranmere Rovers wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:31 am
theorakle wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:06 pm i have just received my new stockport county shirt. :thumbup:

Thanks for visiting Birkenhead. :thumbup:
people dont realise that there is 27 tiers of soccer in england but we do need a second div here in oz as soccer thrives on promotion and relegation, otherwise we stay like aussie rules, :roll: