EPL 20/21

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: EPL 20/21

Post by Victoria's Secret »

VAR seems to get worse and worse.

Two games so far this weekend it’s ruled out perfectly good goals.

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Kings Jesta »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:19 am
theorakle wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:11 pm
i havent got a racist bone in my body but i do confess i and millions of man utd fans wish the bloody glazers had picked millwall to milk instead. if that unlikely event happened you might feel a bit RACIST too. :lol: :roll:
Now, if you'd said that the game would be better without the Glazer's then you'd be right but to single out an entire nationality is racism.
Not sure that is correct. The alignment of a person to a nation (USA), isn't the same as their race.
Saying "wish we didn't have any American owners" is discrimination, but not racist.
If he'd said we don't want any Asian, African, Anglo-Saxon, Caucasian, etc, then yes, that would have been racist.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

The Kings Jesta wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:42 am
i havent got a racist bone in my body but i do confess i and millions of man utd fans wish the bloody glazers had picked millwall to milk instead. if that unlikely event happened you might feel a bit RACIST too. :lol: :roll:
Now, if you'd said that the game would be better without the Glazer's then you'd be right but to single out an entire nationality is racism.
Not sure that is correct. The alignment of a person to a nation (USA), isn't the same as their race.
Saying "wish we didn't have any American owners" is discrimination, but not racist.
If he'd said we don't want any Asian, African, Anglo-Saxon, Caucasian, etc, then yes, that would have been racist.
The law states that racism can also be based on nationality.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:20 pm
The Kings Jesta wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:42 am
The law states that racism can also be based on nationality.
Yet we all know that in reality it isn't. The law simply proving that it is an ass again.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

jose gracious in defeat as usual lol
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:56 am jose gracious in defeat as usual lol
he will never change

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:56 am jose gracious in defeat as usual lol
He has a lot of practice these days

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

haywood djablowme wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:44 am
N5 1BH wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:55 am Arsenal's so called elite players about to get their third manager the sack ??
We will not sack Arteta! We will clear out players over the summer & allow him to invest in the squad. Some of these players time is up! Mikel has promoted some youth, which others haven't, he has off loaded dead wood , which others haven't, he has been big enough to make some tough / needed decisions, which others haven't & he has won a couple of trophies.. players will go before he does
The big decider coming up - Emery Vs Arteta

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Another great showing from the VAR overnight :oops:

On a side note, didn't realise Harry was playing for Fulham....
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:10 am Another great showing from the VAR overnight :oops:

On a side note, didn't realise Harry was playing for Fulham....
To be fair, offside is offside is offside, but I'm not sure how they can be that accurate when comparing a sleeve to a foot. At least the first one was apples for apples and consequently was reasonably quick as well. It was a bit rich of Parker to complain about Holding being in an offside position (not interferring) for the equaliser, given that they'd got away with two others, but I would have given it. ;-)

The pen was correct under the modern interpretation as Gabriel trod on his foot, but the theatrics were just a bit OTT. I've certainly seen Laca go airborne with the slightest of brushes, so it's just all forwards taking advantage of the dumb laws. Defenders sadly need to relearn their craft and not make any challenges in the box, just shepherd and block, but it's difficult to play one way outside the box and another inside, I think it's wrong.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Supporters had an impact on the ESL, now they need to show force on the removal of VAR

#VARout
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

look var is a failure, fifa tried credit to them but it hasnt worked so scrap it. fifa should now focus on the diving and shirt pulling etc and let the refs do their job. only the coaches can stop the divers and sundry sofkoks who infest the game these days by not condoning them. refs should be able to red card actors who habitualy do this early in the game and the coaches will stop it quicksmart with no advantage to them. only then will the game become MANLY again. :thumbdown: :(

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

West Ham’s Balbuena got his red card against Chelsea overturned on appeal. Ref didn’t see a foul due to the fact there was no foul. VAR stops the ref and says have another look. Ref suddenly sees a foul and even a red card where there still was no foul. Guess where the clear and obvious error is

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:07 am West Ham’s Balbuena got his red card against Chelsea overturned on appeal. Ref didn’t see a foul due to the fact there was no foul. VAR stops the ref and says have another look. Ref suddenly sees a foul and even a red card where there still was no foul. Guess where the clear and obvious error is
Any referee who give that as a foul, never mind a card, deserves a spell way lower down the leagues. They have to be accountable for the crap decisions they continually come up with.
Danny Blanchflower

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:13 pm
N5 1BH wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:07 am West Ham’s Balbuena got his red card against Chelsea overturned on appeal. Ref didn’t see a foul due to the fact there was no foul. VAR stops the ref and says have another look. Ref suddenly sees a foul and even a red card where there still was no foul. Guess where the clear and obvious error is
Any referee who give that as a foul, never mind a card, deserves a spell way lower down the leagues. They have to be accountable for the crap decisions they continually come up with.
They should also be suspended for one match and the VAR ref for one match as well - Fairs' Fair :clap:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Master wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:53 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:13 pm
They should also be suspended for one match and the VAR ref for one match as well - Fairs' Fair :clap:
I would never, ever blame a referee for giving what he thinks he sees, once only and in real time, I might slag him off for being clueless, but it's always been very much based on where you're viewing an incident from. VAR now means that refs can look from all angles, yet some are still making a royal shiraz up of decisions and they have to be held accountable.
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Man U fans. Show what can be done if you don't want any game to go ahead.
Ignore this signature

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Bomber wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:49 am Man U fans. Show what can be done if you don't want any game to go ahead.
what a load of cupid stunts. solves nothing and stopped the game. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

theorakle wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:57 am
Bomber wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:49 am Man U fans. Show what can be done if you don't want any game to go ahead.
what a load of cupid stunts. solves nothing and stopped the game. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
You must be an even bigger cupid stunt given you come on the forum constantly rail against the Glazers which solves nothing and you couldn’t even stop a game.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I have no problem with what they were angry about, although it begs the question, lets say your team has a few injured and you'd rather the game be shifted out as there might be a lot at stake, what's stopping you doing similar again?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:02 pm
I have no problem with what they were angry about, although it begs the question, lets say your team has a few injured and you'd rather the game be shifted out as there might be a lot at stake, what's stopping you doing similar again?
I wonder what punishment will be given to man u for this?

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

I can understand the fans anger,but also you have to feel for the security guard who almost lost an eye.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

predrag wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:20 pm I can understand the fans anger,but also you have to feel for the security guard who almost lost an eye.
perhaps if the glazers had been in attendance i MIGHT have understood they had come with some tar and feathers. :roll: plus i agree with you about the guard, shamefull. :thumbdown:

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Unbelievable! Of all people, Aguero tried a “Panenka” chip on the stroke of h.t. against Chelsea and fluffed it.

At that time ManCity were leading 1-0 by a Sterling goal. Then to really keep the champagne on ice, Alonso pops up with Chelsea’s winner in the 92nd minute.

Watch the media now really work the psychological advantage thing for the Champions League Final in Constantinople and mess with Pep’s head.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Con M wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:17 am Unbelievable! Of all people, Aguero tried a “Panenka” chip on the stroke of h.t. against Chelsea and fluffed it.

At that time ManCity were leading 1-0 by a Sterling goal. Then to really keep the champagne on ice, Alonso pops up with Chelsea’s winner in the 92nd minute.

Watch the media now really work the psychological advantage thing for the Champions League Final in Constantinople and mess with Pep’s head.
Looked similar to the Carrusca one here a few years back. Quality players dont need to do that sort of cabernet,

Stirling was lucky to be on the field after a 2 footed tackle on Werner early in the game.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

city easy in the end
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Dave now from No 9 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:24 am city easy in the end
second will be ok if we can knock off liverpool. :smile:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

theorakle wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:44 am
Well that didn't quite go to to plan, although second is still your best bet. ;-) :grin:
Ignore this signature

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

How about that header from the Liverpool keeper?? :clap:
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Bomber wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:37 am
theorakle wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:44 am
Well that didn't quite go to to plan, although second is still your best bet. ;-) :grin:
they should have posponed the utd/lpool game until the fans are back. before comming over here i never missed games at old trafford maine road goodison and anfield with my two boys. we loved the derby games. :smile: