EPL 20/21

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: EPL 20/21

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:07 pm You are like NOC obviously don’t watch your own team - just troll badly and look stupid

https://www.givemesport.com/1473467-ars ... his-season
You do realise those stats are from season 2018/19? Not exactly current.
Last edited by ozzie owl on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

The rules are clear but the officials interpretation of the rules are turning it into a pantomime, oh yes he did oh no he didn’t. Don’t watch Arsenal much anymore, no interest in seeing grown men rolling around crying. Stopped watching the west ham game after salahs little dance, all that hard work undone by bad sportsmanship. It’s turning into a joke now, mostly watch EFL and enjoyed Ports run in the AFL this year.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

So you don’t watch full matches but have opinions on them. So you don’t know what else happens?

Refs give the penalties as they are penalties.

You seem to be anther that can’t understand a foul in the box is a penalty kick. It’s pretty simple to most.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:34 pm
Champions at last wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:07 pm You are like NOC obviously don’t watch your own team - just troll badly and look stupid

Of course. You brought up 2018 with Salah.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:19 pm
ozzie owl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:34 pm

Of course. You brought up 2018 with Salah.
You said Salah had never been booked for diving , just fact checking ;-)

Also football has laws not rules .

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I did say that, I was wrong. But it’s clear we are now taking more than this season. So what’s your point?

Re rules/laws no difference to me.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Leeds were poor in the first half (but in saying that Bamford had 2 very good chances in the first half that he stuffed up)and made less mistakes in the second half.

Leicester defender well in numbers waiting for Leeds to make mistakes which they did and Leicester counter attacked beautifully.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Mr Red wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:20 am Leeds were poor in the first half (but in saying that Bamford had 2 very good chances in the first half that he stuffed up)and made less mistakes in the second half.

Leicester defender well in numbers waiting for Leeds to make mistakes which they did and Leicester counter attacked beautifully.
Has Ayling recovered from his 'foul' ?

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:17 pm So you don’t watch full matches but have opinions on them. So you don’t know what else happens?

Refs give the penalties as they are penalties.

You seem to be anther that can’t understand a foul in the box is a penalty kick. It’s pretty simple to most.
You sound like one of those dodgy lawyers that get criminals off on technicalities. Every contact isn’t a foul and what Masuaku did didn’t impede salah. Salah engineered his own descent, unsporting behaviour. Fact

Refs interpretations are poor and VAR is an idiot, Kane got a penalty when it was clearly a free kick to Lallana. Opinion

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

So a kick on the heel isn’t a foul? Ok then.

There is no rule that says it has to be hard. A kick is a kick.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Okay, very simple question. In your opinion was it the actual err ‘kick’ that caused Mo to fall they way he fell

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:43 am Okay, very simple question. In your opinion was it the actual err ‘kick’ that caused Mo to fall they way he fell
I need to look again (honest). I saw the incident ,and then saw the defender look guilty and the penalty was given. There was no controversy until MOTD got in on the act. The pundits and commentators at the time said it was a penalty.

I don’t like the way penalties are given all the time, but that is not the discussion we are having. There are many (from all teams I assume) of situations where Salah has stayed on his feet and no penalty is given when a blatant foul is committed, it's because of this you are mad if you don't go down.

For the record. From the FA and laws of the game

If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

You left out this bit though “in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:”

I’m sure we all agree deep down that officiating of the game is very very poor

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I thought that was important then the last line, which I quoted, seems to supercede it?

My only point is he ensures he gets the foul, but he is not cheating. No different from the likes of Kane who is loved and doesn't get a grilling on MOTD etc.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:23 am
Mr Red wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:20 am Leeds were poor in the first half (but in saying that Bamford had 2 very good chances in the first half that he stuffed up)and made less mistakes in the second half.

Has Ayling recovered from his 'foul' ?
How has he not been booked?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:04 am You left out this bit though “in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:”

I’m sure we all agree deep down that officiating of the game is very very poor
Reffing is awful, but I do feel a bit for them as they're directed by the idiots at FIFA etc, who have a different agenda to try and make it less of a contact sport. We all know why.

The reality is, contact is not necessarily a foul and the refs used to let a certain amount go. Nowadays, the slightest touch and most players collapse, not as theatrically as Salah mind you.

For me, if you wouldn't give a foul in the centre circle, why would you give a foul in the box?
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:17 am I thought that was important then the last line, which I quoted, seems to supercede it?

My only point is he ensures he gets the foul, but he is not cheating. No different from the likes of Kane who is loved and doesn't get a grilling on MOTD etc.
It takes proper 'excessive force' to knock our 'Arry over, whereas the merest zephyr of wind blows old Mo off his feet ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I would love to agree with you, but what forces are they when ‘Arry is not even touched....

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Simulation and exaggeration is rife across football at top level , the debate over which club and/or player is the worse is always subject to personal bias .

But I do agree with NOC that the application of fouls should be the same all over the ground .

Now we have VAR why not impose Red Card for players guilty of simulation.?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Because the rule says yellow card, var doesn’t give out our harsher penalties then the laws of the game allow!!!And the refs can be advised of simulation and a card given.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Champions at last wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:49 pm Because the rule says yellow card, var doesn’t give out our harsher penalties then the laws of the game allow!!!And the refs can be advised of simulation and a card given.
I believe the law needs to be changed to make simulation to have a heavier penalty than currently . VAR can be used to help achieve this.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I see where your are coming from, but I think Spurs playing with 10 men most games, and the England captain sitting out half the season is not good for the game in general.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:15 pm I see where your are coming from, but I think Spurs playing with 10 men most games, and the England captain sitting out half the season is not good for the game in general.
No way I'm putting that hook in my mouth after it's been in yours for the last two days :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:49 pm
Champions at last wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:17 am I thought that was important then the last line, which I quoted, seems to supercede it?

It takes proper 'excessive force' to knock our 'Arry over, whereas the merest zephyr of wind blows old Mo off his feet ;-)
I understood the reference to contact in the laws was to differentiate between awarding direct and indirect free kicks i.e. Salahs alleged offence involved (very very slight) contact a minute before he jumped in the air so ref has no option but to award a direct free kick / penalty if he inexplicably sees an offence but Ayling’s on the other hand, that did not involve any contact so the most he could of got awarded would be an indirect free kick

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

No creativity at all in another lacklustre performance..

Love him or hate him, however Ozil should be playing in our side

Credit to Villa thou, very good performance
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:50 am No creativity at all in another lacklustre performance..

Ozil is the sort of player you build a team around, rather than him being part of a team. Bags of talent, but he is lazy and needs a couple of workhorses around him to do the donkey work, then just give him the ball. What we used to call a luxury player, but now the whole league is full of them.
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Mane's caught the diving bug. I think we need to decide, is this a contact sport or not?

All forwards have to do is push and run into the defender, who realistically now has to just get out of the way.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:24 am Mane's caught the diving bug. I think we need to decide, is this a contact sport or not?

All forwards have to do is push and run into the defender, who realistically now has to just get out of the way.
Clearly you didn't see the Spurs game again.

Why don't you watch Kane and comment
:shh:

Either admit to being a boring old troll,. or discuss all matches.

(However I do appreciate you are in state of despair with Trump losing)

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:50 am No creativity at all in another lacklustre performance..

If he plays do you get fined, or lose points?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Champions at last wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:06 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:24 am Mane's caught the diving bug. I think we need to decide, is this a contact sport or not?

Clearly you didn't see the Spurs game again.

Why don't you watch Kane and comment
:shh:

Either admit to being a boring old troll,. or discuss all matches.

(However I do appreciate you are in state of despair with Trump losing)
No, I missed it obviously. What minute did Spurs get their penalty in?

Trump says he hasn't lost btw :lol:

What did you think about the penalty against Gomez, although you got lucky that KDB had one of his rare misses?
Danny Blanchflower