Blackpool sack manager Simon Grayson

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Blackpool sack manager Simon Grayson

Post by Old Master »

Blackpool sack manager Simon Grayson after dreadful run of one win in 12 games at League One club

Will Griffee For Mailonline 3 hrs ago © Provided by Daily Mail

Simon Grayson has been sacked from his job as Blackpool manager after a dreadful run
Blackpool have sacked manager Simon Grayson after a dreadful run of just one win in 12 games.
The League One club were fourth in December but are now down in 15th, prompting the decision to part ways with their 50-year-old boss.
A statement on the club's website read: 'Blackpool Football Club can confirm that Simon Grayson has today been relieved of his duties as first-team manager.
'The Club would like to thank Simon for his efforts during his time back at Bloomfield Road and wish him well for the future.
'A further announcement will follow in due course.'
It was Grayson's second stint in charge of the Tangerines having previously led them to promotion back in 2007 from the same division.
The season started with promise and it looked like Blackpool were on course to be in the promotion conversation once again.

© Provided by Daily Mail Grayson's side looked strong at the start of the season but they have been poor recently
But since December 14, they only managed four points from 27 available and plummeted down the table.
Armand Gnanduillet has scored 18 goals this season and been Blackpool's most dangerous player but there has been precious little support outside him to share the burden.
With 15 matches remaining in the season, the new manager will have a huge job on his hands to close the 13-point gap to the top six.

I thought Simon Grayson was a bad move given his poor record over the last few years but hoped he could repeat his previous success at Blackpool.
I hope his replacement has a better record and gets us back into the top six.OM
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Blackpool sack manager Simon Grayson

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Old Master wrote:Blackpool sack manager Simon Grayson after dreadful run of one win in 12 games at League One club

Simon Grayson has been sacked from his job as Blackpool manager after a dreadful run
Blackpool have sacked manager Simon Grayson after a dreadful run of just one win in 12 games.
The League One club were fourth in December but are now down in 15th, prompting the decision to part ways with their 50-year-old boss.
A statement on the club's website read: 'Blackpool Football Club can confirm that Simon Grayson has today been relieved of his duties as first-team manager.
'The Club would like to thank Simon for his efforts during his time back at Bloomfield Road and wish him well for the future.
'A further announcement will follow in due course.cheap and nasty
It was Grayson's second stint in charge of the Tangerines having previously led them to promotion back in 2007 from the same division.
The season started with promise and it looked like Blackpool were on course to be in the promotion conversation once again.

© Provided by Daily Mail Grayson's side looked strong at the start of the season but they have been poor recently
But since December 14, they only managed four points from 27 available and plummeted down the table.
Armand Gnanduillet has scored 18 goals this season and been Blackpool's most dangerous player but there has been precious little support outside him to share the burden.
With 15 matches remaining in the season, the new manager will have a huge job on his hands to close the 13-point gap to the top six.

I thought Simon Grayson was a bad move given his poor record over the last few years but hoped he could repeat his previous success at Blackpool.
Why didn't you say that then when he was appointed. You didin't think it at all. You would have added your view when posting.
After finally getting the Owner of their dreams, Blackpool fans now have a 'new' manager to get behind.

The temporary coach, Terry McPhillips, has decided that Football management is not for him and has resigned.

McPhillips left on Friday saying he "never really had any intention of becoming a manager".

He led the club to a 10th place finish in the the third tier after being appointed on a permanent basis in September 2018, having been in caretaker charge for nine matches following Gary Bowyer's resignation.

"It was important to act swiftly and appoint a new manager who can hit the ground running," owner Simon Sadlier told the club website.

He has been replaced by former manager Simon 'Larry' Grayson, who was a popular figure at the club before moving to Leeds United in 2008, during his tenure at the Seasiders he took them into the Championship in 2007.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

The Normal One. wrote:
Old Master wrote:Blackpool sack manager Simon Grayson after dreadful run of one win in 12 games at League One club

Why didn't you say that then when he was appointed. You didin't think it at all. You would have added your view when posting.
After finally getting the Owner of their dreams, Blackpool fans now have a 'new' manager to get behind.

The temporary coach, Terry McPhillips, has decided that Football management is not for him and has resigned.

McPhillips left on Friday saying he "never really had any intention of becoming a manager".

He led the club to a 10th place finish in the the third tier after being appointed on a permanent basis in September 2018, having been in caretaker charge for nine matches following Gary Bowyer's resignation.

"It was important to act swiftly and appoint a new manager who can hit the ground running," owner Simon Sadlier told the club website.

He has been replaced by former manager Simon 'Larry' Grayson, who was a popular figure at the club before moving to Leeds United in 2008, during his tenure at the Seasiders he took them into the Championship in 2007.

I didn't want to appear negative as you would have had a go at me as usual and it appears I was correct on that.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Old Master wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:

I didn't want to appear negative as you would have had a go at me as usual and it appears I was correct on that.
I don't have a go, I highlight inaccuracies.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I didn't want to appear negative as you would have had a go at me as usual and it appears I was correct on that.[/quote]

I don't have a go, I highlight inaccuracies.[/quote]

It would have been more constructive if you made a considered critique of the article rather than merely a critical comment.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

You now have a good man in Neil Critchley.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

blackpool deserve a good owner after the oystons. hopefully they have a good manager as well. :)

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

The Normal One. wrote:You now have a good man in Neil Critchley.

I hope you are right there but the 'interim' coach Dunn was doing quite a good job I thought and am surprised he wasn't given until the end of the season to see what he could do in an extended term.

Still, I'm just a supporter and don't know the ins and out of all that's going on at the club.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

hope to see your lot back in the EPL soon master.cheers. :)

Nikos Sampson
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nikos Sampson »

Well done Tranmere.
I hate ethnics like Cyril.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:[

OM found out AGAIN. :lol:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote:

iam totally sure that god is actualy an Englishman. but does anyone think he would support millwall. :?: :wink:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

theorakle wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

iam totally sure that god is actualy an Englishman. but does anyone think he would support millwall. :?: :wink:

I've never said he does. However, I can reveal that I've seen him at games.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

ok good one I will pay that GIAE. :lol:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

must be hard on neil critchley though,getting to know players who are not allowed to play. if I was him I would be going troppo. wonder how he is filling in the time. :?: :?: :?: