"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:00 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 am 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17296
League One side Bury were due to play Sheffield Wednesday in the cup next week
But the first round tie has been scrapped and the Owls will progress instead
Bury have also had their Tranmere clash suspended, their fourth of the season
The crisis hit side have until Friday to provide vital financial information

Very sad that a club could fall over , especially with Bolton and others in serious trouble .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ury-faced/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:46 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 pm
Posts: 288
Location: Chitosefunabashi
At least Bolton have started the season. Bury haven't played a game yet. Both starting on -12 points effectively means there is one relegation spot to avoid, although there is a lot of season to go.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:53 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 29861
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
About time some of the massive cash in the top tiers filtered down to assist smaller clubs...

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17296
swannsong wrote:
About time some of the massive cash in the top tiers filtered down to assist smaller clubs...


Sadly won't happen the system is controlled for the benefit and preservation of the big clubs. The sad part is that when the small club falls over it affects the whole community.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:56 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16551
ozzie owl wrote:
swannsong wrote:
About time some of the massive cash in the top tiers filtered down to assist smaller clubs...


Sadly won't happen the system is controlled for the benefit and preservation of the big clubs. The sad part is that when the small club falls over it affects the whole community.


Wednesday used to be a big club :lol:

Clubs like Bury and Bolton won't die, they'll just go down the Conference and rebuild.

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:24 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 13302
Nice One Cyril wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
swannsong wrote:
About time some of the massive cash in the top tiers filtered down to assist smaller clubs...


Sadly won't happen the system is controlled for the benefit and preservation of the big clubs. The sad part is that when the small club falls over it affects the whole community.


Wednesday used to be a big club :lol:

Clubs like Bury and Bolton won't die, they'll just go down the Conference and rebuild.


The problem isn't the big clubs , it’s bad owners.
Big clubs have financial issues too. LFC were hours away from administration.
Ozzie owl just posts negativity about big clubs, yet he watches the top tier for enjoyment, he is helping , making the big clubs get bigger.

Shame he doesn’t realise this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:25 am 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17296
After going through we have South Yorkshire derby Rotherham v Owls in 2nd round.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:14 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
Why is sport the only industry where the big boys are supposed to prop up the small guys.

No one expects Coles to bail out the greengrocer on the corner.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:46 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 13302
God is an Englishman wrote:
Why is sport the only industry where the big boys are supposed to prop up the small guys.

No one expects Coles to bail out the greengrocer on the corner.


I basically agree.

Small clubs at time are not helping themselves.
Using this as a scenario.

Bolton have a decent 23year old LB - Liverpool are interested and the cost is 25m
Monaco have a decent 23year old LB - Liverpool are interested and the cost is 8m

Liverpool buy the French player due to the English player being too expensive.

That way the smaller club and player lose out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:34 am 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:36 pm
Posts: 75
The French player doesn't. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:25 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:49 pm
Posts: 1392
Well, Bury now gone and Bolton given 14 days. When the EFL does not conduct a fit and proper on the owner this is what can happen, they do have blood on their hands.

_________________
Image
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:29 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:22 pm
Posts: 198
Location: Pooraka
Why did Bolton get 14 days?

_________________
Back by popular demand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:41 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:49 pm
Posts: 1392
Pooraka Sałt wrote:
Why did Bolton get 14 days?

To avoid going into administration

_________________
Image
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:13 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17296
Raich Carter wrote:
Well, Bury now gone and Bolton given 14 days. When the EFL does not conduct a fit and proper on the owner this is what can happen, they do have blood on their hands.


Sad letter from a Bury supporter , great read .

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49489146


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:00 am 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:54 pm
Posts: 209
Raich Carter wrote:
Pooraka Sałt wrote:
Why did Bolton get 14 days?

To avoid going into administration


I think he meant why did they get 14 days that Bury didn't?
Weren't they in administration and if not why the 12 point deduction.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:45 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16551
ozzie owl wrote:
Raich Carter wrote:
Well, Bury now gone and Bolton given 14 days. When the EFL does not conduct a fit and proper on the owner this is what can happen, they do have blood on their hands.


Sad letter from a Bury supporter , great read .

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49489146


True fans don't follow anyone else and Bury won't just disappear, they'll become a non-league club for however many years and maybe make it back to the EFL sometime in the future.

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:40 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11825
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
Colchester.

That is all :P

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:44 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16551
Stitch This wrote:
Colchester.

That is all :P


:lol: All part of Poch's master plan.

How's Fat Frank going in the league?

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:21 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17296
Sad that Portsmouth so called supporter punched a police horse, hopefully life ban to follow .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:49 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16551
ozzie owl wrote:
Sad that Portsmouth so called supporter punched a police horse, hopefully life ban to follow .


He wasn't that bright because he tried to outrun it after he'd punched it. :lol:

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:01 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
ozzie owl wrote:
Sad that Portsmouth so called supporter punched a police horse, hopefully life ban to follow .



After jail.

However, the police use horses as weapons and wonder why people defend themselves.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:03 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16551
Quote:
West Ham supporters started the night poking fun at Tottenham Hotspur for getting 'beat by a zoo' in Colchester. Then their own players went and made a monkey of themselves in Oxford.


:lol:

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:47 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 pm
Posts: 2555
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
Colchester.

That is all :P


:lol: All part of Poch's master plan.

Meanwhile Arsenal marches on after a 5-0 walloping of former European Cup winner Forest. The League Cup is good for more meaningful games in which squad-up-and-comers can impress the Manager.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:00 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16551
Con M wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
Colchester.

That is all :P


:lol: All part of Poch's master plan.

Meanwhile Arsenal marches on after a 5-0 walloping of former European Cup winner Forest. The League Cup is good for more meaningful games in which squad-up-and-comers can impress the Manager.


Personally, I would like to see more of the 'big' teams take it seriously, it's a trophy, unlike the Emirates Cup :wink:

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:29 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54738
Location: Between the lake and the beach
:lol: @ West Ham

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:02 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Personally, I would like to see more of the 'big' teams take it seriously, it's a trophy, unlike the Emirates Cup :wink:



How is the Emirates Cup not a trophy?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11825
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
Colchester.

That is all :P


:lol: All part of Poch's master plan.

How's Fat Frank going in the league?

About as well as the Pooch at the moment.

At least Frank got the kind of result you'd expect against League 2 opposition in the Cup that no-one wants :)

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:55 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16551
God is an Englishman wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Personally, I would like to see more of the 'big' teams take it seriously, it's a trophy, unlike the Emirates Cup :wink:



How is the Emirates Cup not a trophy?


Now, now, you know I don't play your childish games. Stick to winding up the dimwits.

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:09 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
Nice One Cyril wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Personally, I would like to see more of the 'big' teams take it seriously, it's a trophy, unlike the Emirates Cup :wink:



How is the Emirates Cup not a trophy?


Now, now, you know I don't play your childish games. Stick to winding up the dimwits.



Is that because you know it is a trophy?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League ( Carabao ) Cup 2019/20
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:35 am 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17296
4th Round Draw

Everton v Watford

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Manchester City v Southampton

Burton v Leicester

Crawley v Colchester

Chelsea v Manchester United

Oxford v Sunderland

Liverpool v Arsenal


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group