"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:30 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sport
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:30 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 1369
Almost choked on my cornflakes. Sepp Blatter of all people

VIENNA (Reuters) - Sepp Blatter, the former boss of soccer's world governing body FIFA who was ousted during a corruption scandal, has said money risks ruining the sport.
FIFA's Ethics Committee banned Blatter, who led FIFA for 17 years, from "all football activities" in 2015 after finding him guilty of unethical conduct related to a global corruption scandal which rocked the organisation.
Switzerland's attorney general is still investigating cases of suspected corruption involving FIFA, which is based in Zurich, dating back to 2014 and Blatter's presidency.
"People already pay a lot to get into the stadium. Prices are getting higher and higher, because clubs need more money," Blatter said in an interview with Swiss newspaper Schweiz am Wochenende published on Saturday.
The 83-year-old added his belief that viewer numbers are falling this season in the French, Italian, English, Spanish and German leagues.
"That is a bad sign. Football must remain accessible," he said.
Blatter has told various media that he plans to take legal action against his successor Gianni Infantino over damage done to his reputation by the corruption scandal and information FIFA made public about payments to him that he says was inaccurate.
Blatter told Schweiz am Wochenende that FIFA bodies signed off on all payments made to him, including a bonus of 10 million Swiss francs (7.62 million pounds) he received for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
Asked if he would drop his planned lawsuit against Infantino if his collection of luxury watches, which he left at FIFA's offices, were returned to him, he said: "The watches are of lesser importance. What is important to me is my moral rehabilitation."
He also hoped the Swiss attorney general's office will soon decide whether to bring its case to court or drop it.
"When this is done (I) want to write a book - my memoirs, more or less," he added.
(Reporting by Francois Murphy; Editing by Christian Radnedge)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:04 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54536
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Whilst I agree money splashed about these days are ridiculous, bit rich from such an advocate to "sell" World Cups to the highest bidders and did little but line his own pockets all those years in charge.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:15 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 3299
eagleboy wrote:
Almost choked on my cornflakes. Sepp Blatter of all people

VIENNA (Reuters) - Sepp Blatter, the former boss of soccer's world governing body FIFA who was ousted during a corruption scandal, has said money risks ruining the sport.
FIFA's Ethics Committee banned Blatter, who led FIFA for 17 years, from "all football activities" in 2015 after finding him guilty of unethical conduct related to a global corruption scandal which rocked the organisation.
Switzerland's attorney general is still investigating cases of suspected corruption involving FIFA, which is based in Zurich, dating back to 2014 and Blatter's presidency.
"People already pay a lot to get into the stadium. Prices are getting higher and higher, because clubs need more money," Blatter said in an interview with Swiss newspaper Schweiz am Wochenende published on Saturday.
The 83-year-old added his belief that viewer numbers are falling this season in the French, Italian, English, Spanish and German leagues.
"That is a bad sign. Football must remain accessible," he said.
Blatter has told various media that he plans to take legal action against his successor Gianni Infantino over damage done to his reputation by the corruption scandal and information FIFA made public about payments to him that he says was inaccurate.
Blatter told Schweiz am Wochenende that FIFA bodies signed off on all payments made to him, including a bonus of 10 million Swiss francs (7.62 million pounds) he received for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
Asked if he would drop his planned lawsuit against Infantino if his collection of luxury watches, which he left at FIFA's offices, were returned to him, he said: "The watches are of lesser importance. What is important to me is my moral rehabilitation."
He also hoped the Swiss attorney general's office will soon decide whether to bring its case to court or drop it.
"When this is done (I) want to write a book - my memoirs, more or less," he added.
(Reporting by Francois Murphy; Editing by Christian Radnedge)




i did choke on my cornflakes. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:44 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 705
Location: U.K
Hypocritical, self serving scumbag.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:46 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 3299
B.Toomer wrote:
Hypocritical, self serving scumbag.



he should go into politics. he would be in his element. and among his own kind :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:08 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 271
Location: ísland
B.Toomer wrote:
Hypocritical, self serving scumbag.


It's not often I agree with you, but that's him to a tee.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 6758
Location: Campbelltown
His greed and corrupt actions created the climate that still exists within FIFA.

_________________
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:16 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 3299
Old Master wrote:
His greed and corrupt actions created the climate that still exists within FIFA.



we would be in jail for what he did. why isnt he. :?: answer plenty of money,it doesent matter how he got it,as long as you have enough. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:44 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 6758
Location: Campbelltown
THE ORAKLE wrote:
Old Master wrote:
His greed and corrupt actions created the climate that still exists within FIFA.



we would be in jail for what he did. why isnt he. :?: answer plenty of money,it doesent matter how he got it,as long as you have enough. :wink:



As the old song says:
'It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the Rich who get the pleasure
Ain't it all a bloody shame'
:cry: :cry: :cry:

or words to that effect. :lol:

_________________
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:19 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 3299
in actual fact blatter is quite right. it just doesent seen right coming from him does it. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:11 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43993
football is capitalist, not communist.

blatter is a champagne.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:56 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 3299
I still shake my head when I re read this topic. the sanctimonious barsteward. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:11 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Posts: 729
I will believe this tool is for real,the same time i start believing that Iran had anything to do with the gulf of Oman incident this week,which would be never.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:25 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 3299
predrag wrote:
I will believe this tool is for real,the same time i start believing that Iran had anything to do with the gulf of Oman incident this week,which would be never.



so what do you reckon then :?: the arms dealers need to start another war somewhere,anywhere will do. blame the yanks,iran,n korea china russia any country will do. such a pity they cannot do it without risking the lives of working mens sons. its just business folks. :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Former FIFA boss Blatter says money risks ruining the sp
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:41 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Posts: 729
Watch-General Wesley Clark talk about 7 planed wars on you tube,might clarify things for some people,All countries that booted out the US dollar for trade were destroyed so far-ex:Libya,Syria.Iran has a deal with china,Russia to trade in gold or own currencies,with India joining.The USA knows their economy is FKD,the petrodollar is the only thing keeping this it alive.A 22 trillion dollar debt,with a FIAT currency backing the economy is a bad mix.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group