Rangers v Celtic

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Rangers v Celtic

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote:Disappointed with the game and result and only have to say we got what we deserved- nothing! Rangers by far the best side the first half and Celtic only improved when Rangers went 2-1 up and Gerrard decided to absorb the threat of Celtic, which was rather ordinary if the truth be told. Even Edouard looked jaded and he didn't seem match fit. Forrest yet another game against Rangers when he went missing though he wasn't the only one. Again my team benefited from a dodgy goal which no doubt VAR would have chopped off. All in all, no complaints or excuses as the best team won. Perhaps the Celtic board will now see the seriousness of the threat from Ibrox and free up cash to buy a couple of decent signings as they badly need them.
At this moment in time the pendulum seems to be swinging back in favour of Rangers but we know it can be a fickle game. Will be interesting to see how they are placed come the next fixture as Rangers would have to fancy their chances. Great for Scottish football that there is a real title challenge which could go right to the wire- unlike that one team league down south! :lol:
Rangers have improved out of sight under Gerrard. They outplayed Celtic and at Celtics ground. I don't rate Lennon as a manager.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

eagleboy wrote:
thebeautifulgame wrote:Disappointed with the game and result and only have to say we got what we deserved- nothing! Rangers by far the best side the first half and Celtic only improved when Rangers went 2-1 up and Gerrard decided to absorb the threat of Celtic, which was rather ordinary if the truth be told. Even Edouard looked jaded and he didn't seem match fit. Forrest yet another game against Rangers when he went missing though he wasn't the only one. Again my team benefited from a dodgy goal which no doubt VAR would have chopped off. All in all, no complaints or excuses as the best team won. Perhaps the Celtic board will now see the seriousness of the threat from Ibrox and free up cash to buy a couple of decent signings as they badly need them.
At this moment in time the pendulum seems to be swinging back in favour of Rangers but we know it can be a fickle game. Will be interesting to see how they are placed come the next fixture as Rangers would have to fancy their chances. Great for Scottish football that there is a real title challenge which could go right to the wire- unlike that one team league down south! :lol:
Rangers have improved out of sight under Gerrard. They outplayed Celtic and at Celtics ground. I don't rate Lennon as a manager.
I could have managed Celtic to the title whilst Rangers were in turmoil. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
eagleboy wrote:
I could have managed Celtic to the title whilst Rangers were in turmoil. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.
Going by your posts on this forum, you really couldn’t.
You don’t even understand free rules these days (I am the same but don’t pretend to be able to do better).

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Unietd We Stand wrote:
You don’t even understand free rules these days (I am the same but don’t pretend to be able to do better).
Free rules?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Unietd We Stand wrote:Going by your posts on this forum, you really couldn’t.
Why can't you just stick to one username? Why do you have to impersonate UWS?

I'm beginning to think JB was right. :lol:

BTW, what did you think of VVD's handball in the build up to the goal?
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Unietd We Stand wrote:Going by your posts on this forum, you really couldn’t.
Why can't you just stick to one username? Why do you have to impersonate UWS?

I'm beginning to think JB was right. :lol:

BTW, what did you think of VVD's handball in the build up to the goal?
Like everyone watching on TV and those at the game - didn’t see it. No player appealed which says it all.

Apparently (I don’t know if true) it didn’t hit his arm and some angle shows that?

Good managers change formation, i change names.... as for JB, we have seen sense and are good mates now (honest)
Last edited by Victoria's Secret on Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote:
Unietd We Stand wrote:
Free rules?
No idea why I put that, ‘the rules’.

Nikos Sampson
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nikos Sampson »

You should have blamed it on auto correct. He would have. :P
I hate ethnics like Cyril.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Unietd We Stand wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:BTW, what did you think of VVD's handball in the build up to the goal?
Like everyone watching on TV and those at the game - didn’t see it. No player appealed which says it all.
You should change your name to Arsene Wenger next time :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

eagleboy wrote:
As I have said it is a fickle game and I wouldn't write off a manager after one defeat to their fiercest rivals. On the other hand it looks like Gerrard is the one who could be walking on thin ice soon. Remember also that Celtic (along with Rangers) have faired well in Europe all be it not being the top tournament. If Celtic win the League (highly likely) and add the Scottish Cup I would imagine Gerrard would get the heave as it would be another season without silverware. If he wins a trophy he would most probably earn the right to stop Celtic's attempt for 10 in a row next season. Come what may all the pressure is on Rangers and it will be interesting to see how it all unravels.
As a Celtic man here is another thought: Rangers' fans have been quick to suggest that many of the so called lesser teams raise their game against Rangers and don't put the same amount of effort in week in week out. If this is a real argument then one would be forgiven to suggest that Rangers only raise their game against Celtic given their results of recent weeks.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote:
eagleboy wrote:
As I have said it is a fickle game and I wouldn't write off a manager after one defeat to their fiercest rivals. On the other hand it looks like Gerrard is the one who could be walking on thin ice soon. Remember also that Celtic (along with Rangers) have faired well in Europe all be it not being the top tournament. If Celtic win the League (highly likely) and add the Scottish Cup I would imagine Gerrard would get the heave as it would be another season without silverware. If he wins a trophy he would most probably earn the right to stop Celtic's attempt for 10 in a row next season. Come what may all the pressure is on Rangers and it will be interesting to see how it all unravels.
As a Celtic man here is another thought: Rangers' fans have been quick to suggest that many of the so called lesser teams raise their game against Rangers and don't put the same amount of effort in week in week out. If this is a real argument then one would be forgiven to suggest that Rangers only raise their game against Celtic given their results of recent weeks.
My comments where made after GR beat GC in December. I still don't rate Lennon but GR have fallen in a hole. Celtic have had a few players come back into the squad and have a top CF. The game against Celtics was Rangers Grand Final. Gerard has improved the Rangers side tactically but their forwards are diabolical at the moment. Kilmarnock scored on the counter twice. Morelos needs to be got rid of, a distraction in the side. Lets just say the cream rises to the top.

Not In The Mood
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Not In The Mood »

Sevco dropped more points overnight. It's Celtic's to lose now.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Coptic Scum wrote:Sevco dropped more points overnight. It's Celtic's to lose now.
Such an apt user name for Celtic scum.

Inoue Waka
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Inoue Waka »

:lol:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

The good guys win again. :clap:

Celtic have been confirmed as Scottish champions for the ninth season in a row and Hearts have been relegated after the SPFL ended the season.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (37.2 KiB) Viewed 7622 times

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Yes, and now for the magic 10 next season. The haters will say the asterisk year plus the others won when Rangers were in the lower leagues. All you have to ask is "What wrong was done by Celtic"? Answer- absolutely nothing. Nine titles won fair and square on the football field. That said I do have some sympathy for Hearts as they had a reasonable chance of beating the drop (four points behind Hamilton and one goal difference worse off).

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

As much as I cringe re Celtic, this is the logical outcome given the percentage of games already played.
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:48 am As much as I cringe re Celtic, this is the logical outcome given the percentage of games already played.
:lol: You're only getting that in now so that we can't accuse you of hypocrisy when they gift Liverpool the EPL title ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Either finish the season or void the season, with the caveat that mathematical certainties are allowed for. It's the only fair way to conclude things, this WPPG or PPG doesn't take account of who you've got to play and it's a mathematically flawed model. Read Martin Samuel's explanation and you'll understand why we shouldn't go for it.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... tless.html

How can you be playing, or not in actuality, for 3.5 or 1.5 points a game, it's nonsense?
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:23 am
Bomber wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:48 am As much as I cringe re Celtic, this is the logical outcome given the percentage of games already played.
:lol: You're only getting that in now so that we can't accuse you of hypocrisy when they gift Liverpool the EPL title ;-)
I'm not sure Liverpool will be "gifted" anything, given how far in front they are. I still think they should complete the fixture list in any case BUT if the decision is to call it squits, then the league ladder doesn't lie and so be it.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ANOTHER asterisk for seltic.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:59 am
I'm not sure Liverpool will be "gifted" anything, given how far in front they are. I still think they should complete the fixture list in any case BUT if the decision is to call it squits, then the league ladder doesn't lie and so be it.
So, Jets should win the NPL?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:38 pm
Bomber wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:59 am
So, Jets should win the NPL?
After 4 rounds? No.

But as alluded to above (percentage of games played), if say 16 or 17 rounds had been played and they were clear top, I'd have no problem with it whatsoever. Same if Croydon were bottom, we should go down - shouldn't have been there in the first place to justify any cries for help in my opinion.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Either a season is finished or it isn't?

Until something is mathmatically certain then you can't award a winner.

2019/20 SPL Winner - seltic*

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

It is is mathematically certain. No more games to be played, Celtic 9 points up. Can not be overtaken.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Fair assumption on the outcome but why the 'cringe factor' regarding Celtic? This club has deep Irish Catholic roots but have always been open to employ not only Catholics, but Protestants, Muslims, Hindus etc. and have never discriminated against race, religion etc.
On the other hand Rangers REFUSED to sign a Catholic until July 1989 when Souness had the balls to sign Maurice Johnston,
over 117 YEARS since the club were established in March 1872. :oops:
In my opinion the cringe factor applies to the other side.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Yet you still drink from the same sectarian cup? Most offensive fans in Europe but still playing the victim card. Never ashamed, always offended.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:49 pm Either a season is finished or it isn't?

Until something is mathmatically certain then you can't award a winner.

2019/20 SPL Winner - seltic*
If clubs and associations agree otherwise you can.

If they decide to finish the season now, it's legal and that's it. May not seem right and will give people something to talk about , but to say a winner can't be announced and crowned is bollocks.

I think they are coming back too early, but if this season is completed in October I don't care. I am not concerned about Liverpool being awarded the trophy, as everybdy knows they will win it, BUT I still think games need to played for relegation/promotion.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:27 pm
Fair assumption on the outcome but why the 'cringe factor' regarding Celtic? This club has deep Irish Catholic roots but have always been open to employ not only Catholics, but Protestants, Muslims, Hindus etc. and have never discriminated against race, religion etc.
On the other hand Rangers REFUSED to sign a Catholic until July 1989 when Souness had the balls to sign Maurice Johnston,
over 117 YEARS since the club were established in March 1872. :oops:
In my opinion the cringe factor applies to the other side.
This, well said
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Post by thebeautifulgame » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:41 pm

God is an Englishman wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:
God is an Englishman

Yes, many care. One of the biggest derbies in the world.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

please tell me you are trolling.........unless you are including it in the 'top 100 derbies in the world' list
Ever been to one?

Let me guess - they're bigger in greece. If you think it's not one of the biggest in the world then you don't know football.

+1

If you have never been to one please do not make silly comments. I have been to several and they never fail for passion (and sometimes lunacy, as was demonstrated in 1979/80 Scottish Cup Final). Without doubt one of the biggest derbies in the world. If you are in any doubt just ask guys like Dalglish, Souness, Larsson, Gascoigne etc. who know a thing or two about the World game, their opinions should be respected and not ridiculed. Larsson's opinion is that it beats the El Clasico for atmosphere (and no he never said the same for the quality of the game).
i guess you are in a position to talk because you have been to 'derbies' around the world and can compare :shock: :shock:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill