Rangers v Celtic

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Rangers v Celtic

Post by God is an Englishman »

seltic fans being investigated for throwing bottles at disabled Rangers fans and secterian abuse.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:55 am seltic fans being investigated for throwing bottles at disabled Rangers fans and secterian abuse.
"disabled Rangers fans". Is that the entire Rangers fan base. :grin:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:27 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:55 am seltic fans being investigated for throwing bottles at disabled Rangers fans and secterian abuse.
"disabled Rangers fans". Is that the entire Rangers fan base. :grin:

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

They were jealous that Rangers made the UEFA Europa league finals with a team worth only 13.5 million euros.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Not me, I would settle for winning the League title every year. Great that a Scottish side (all be it Rangers) can go all the way to a UEFA Cup final, especially with limited funds. I would say they will start slight favourites to win the trophy outright. :eek:
Celtic and Rangers can be happy with their efforts for this season and they should be delighted that they have top managers(and people) in Ange and GvB. Should be a fantastic scrap next season but for now let's get it over the line v Dundee United at Tannadice. :grin:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:47 pm Not me, I would settle for winning the League title every year. Great that a Scottish side (all be it Rangers) can go all the way to a UEFA Cup final, especially with limited funds. I would say they will start slight favourites to win the trophy outright. :eek:
Celtic and Rangers can be happy with their efforts for this season and they should be delighted that they have top managers(and people) in Ange and GvB. Should be a fantastic scrap next season but for now let's get it over the line v Dundee United at Tannadice. :grin:

:lol:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Congratulations to Ange and the Bhoys for securing the title in his first attempt, a fantastic achievement considering where the club was this time last season. Hopefully just the start of a historic journey. :grin: :clap:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

says a lot about high profile coaches who didnt want the job because it was a 'poison chalice'........says something about our FFA as well......
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

wow anyone who coaches celtic has a 50% chance of winning the league to begin with.
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

exactly my point....those who knocked it back would've known that yet still didnt....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

MegaBonus wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:16 am exactly my point....those who knocked it back would've known that yet still didnt....
I think some of the 'bigger' coaches look at what can be achieved and think it's limited to Scotland, they're Celtic are never going to win a European competition, but if Rangers can win one, no reason Celtic can't.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:35 am
MegaBonus wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:16 am exactly my point....those who knocked it back would've known that yet still didnt....
I think some of the 'bigger' coaches look at what can be achieved and think it's limited to Scotland, they're Celtic are never going to win a European competition, but if Rangers can win one, no reason Celtic can't.
I know its a long time ago but Celtic have won a pretty significant European trophy before.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Raich Carter wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:48 am
I know its a long time ago but Celtic have won a pretty significant European trophy before.
A very different world back then and I don't think any of those players are still playing ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:02 pm
A very different world back then and I don't think any of those players are still playing ;-)
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

England keep living off winning a WC in 1966

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Old Master wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:00 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:02 pm
Very good OM. It really makes you think? :???:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

CELTIC ARE CHAMPIONS!
Ange Postecoglou’s side seal the title with the draw! After Rangers’ triumph last season, the Scottish title in back where it belongs in the hands of the Hoops!
Screenshot 2022-05-12 105655.jpg
Screenshot 2022-05-12 105655.jpg (105.92 KiB) Viewed 4428 times

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Just Dave now wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:46 am wow anyone who coaches celtic has a 50% chance of winning the league to begin with.
With all due respect I think you need to appreciate that Rangers are a pretty solid side and have shown that by their displays in Europe against good opponents. When you consider that Ange's Celtic trailed Rangers by no less than 6 points on Boxing Day and that he came from another hemisphere without a single member of his own coaching staff speaks volumes about his dedication and attention to detail.

When you are at a club such as Celtic (and Rangers) the expectations are to win EVERY single game. Cast your mind back to the start of the season when Celtic lost three away games in a row- the knives were out and the media(and other so called experts) said he would be gone by Christmas. Plus he had to deal with the constant pressure from the fans within, not to mention the probing questions from the media. Ange has past the test with flying colours and hopefully it is just the start.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:22 pm
Just Dave now wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:46 am wow anyone who coaches celtic has a 50% chance of winning the league to begin with.
With all due respect I think you need to appreciate that Rangers are a pretty solid side and have shown that by their displays in Europe against good opponents. When you consider that Ange's Celtic trailed Rangers by no less than 6 points on Boxing Day and that he came from another hemisphere without a single member of his own coaching staff speaks volumes about his dedication and attention to detail.

When you are at a club such as Celtic (and Rangers) the expectations are to win EVERY single game. Cast your mind back to the start of the season when Celtic lost three away games in a row- the knives were out and the media(and other so called experts) said he would be gone by Christmas. Plus he had to deal with the constant pressure from the fans within, not to mention the probing questions from the media. Ange has past the test with flying colours and hopefully it is just the start.

He won a league only marginally better than the A League and he's been lauded as the 2nd coming. It's quite funny that the aussies seem to love this greek bloke.

Rumours are that Millwall will be looking for a new manager soon. I just hope that no one thinks he's ready for that big a step up.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Millwall might actually play football under Ange.....but talk about going backwards...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:50 pm Millwall might actually play football under Ange.....but talk about going backwards...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too obvious

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

And yours wasn’t??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Bodø
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bodø »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:22 pm When you consider that Ange's Celtic trailed Rangers by no less than 6 points on Boxing Day and that he came from another hemisphere without a single member of his own coaching staff speaks volumes about his dedication and attention to detail.
Probably would have gone further in Europe had they not met a class act.
Kawasaki Versys 1000
Yamaha Xmax 300
Honda Goldwing 1800

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Bodø wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:59 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:22 pm When you consider that Ange's Celtic trailed Rangers by no less than 6 points on Boxing Day and that he came from another hemisphere without a single member of his own coaching staff speaks volumes about his dedication and attention to detail.
Probably would have gone further in Europe had they not met a class act.
Yes, we were well beaten by a better side. :roll: Played reasonably well at home but defended poorly and Ange decided to play a weakened team away from home and we exited without a fight which was disappointing. Hoping that Celtic will be a different beast in Europe next season. Ange's priority was always the league in his first season but the fans will be expecting more next year in Europe. A lot will depend on the players he brings in but he has to shed a few first which will happen.

That said I like Bodo/Glimt and their fans in general- appear to be a happy and humble lot. :thumbup:

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:35 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:22 pm

He won a league only marginally better than the A League and he's been lauded as the 2nd coming. It's quite funny that the aussies seem to love this greek bloke.
Postecoglou came to Straya when he was 5 years old and is a naturalised Aussie. Aussies seemed to like him coaching Straya to an Asian Cup victory in 2015 and he was admired at what Brisbane Roar achieved in style, winning 3 A-League titles and going 36 matches straight without defeat.

My only criticism of him was his experimenting during the National Team’s World Cup qualifiers when Straya hadn’t actually sealed qualification and his subsequent walking out of coaching them in the 2018 Finals.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

understand that Con....however, with the limited time a national coach has with the squad, what other options are there.....he demanded a higher standard.....he expected that we can play multiple formations but the sydney media mafia wanted their mate instead,....and now, we have Duke as our No:9......

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:17 am And yours wasn’t??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Even if it was, you bit.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:06 am
MegaBonus wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:17 am And yours wasn’t??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Even if it was, you bit.
Ange is a Liverpool fan I think.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Victor Meldrew wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:57 am
Even if it was, you bit.
Yep.

And a Carlton Aussie Rules ‘football’ supporter. Like so many youngsters of immigrant parents, he was exposed by relentless peer pressure at school to play Aussie rules otherwise you were not accepted. Eventually his ol’ man convinced him to play real football (socca) and the rest of his playing/coaching career followed.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:46 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:57 am
Even if it was, you bit.
Yep.

And a Carlton Aussie Rules ‘football’ supporter. Like so many youngsters of immigrant parents, he was exposed by relentless peer pressure at school to play Aussie rules otherwise you were not accepted. Eventually his ol’ man convinced him to play real football (socca) and the rest of his playing/coaching career followed.
How do you know this?