Rangers v Celtic

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Rangers v Celtic

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:58 am
Con M wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:46 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:57 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:06 am
MegaBonus wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:17 am And yours wasn’t??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Even if it was, you bit.
Ange is a Liverpool fan I think.
Yep.

And a Carlton Aussie Rules ‘football’ supporter. Like so many youngsters of immigrant parents, he was exposed by relentless peer pressure at school to play Aussie rules otherwise you were not accepted. Eventually his ol’ man convinced him to play real football (socca) and the rest of his playing/coaching career followed.
How do you know this?
Read his book.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

God is an Englishman » Fri May 13, 2022 10:36 am
MegaBonus wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 4:47 am
And yours wasn’t??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Even if it was, you bit.
so you point out similar behaviour to your own..... :shock: :shock: :shock:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:21 pm
God is an Englishman » Fri May 13, 2022 10:36 am
MegaBonus wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 4:47 am
And yours wasn’t??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Even if it was, you bit.
so you point out similar behaviour to your own..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Too obvious AGAIN

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:13 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:58 am
Con M wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:46 am
Victor Meldrew wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:57 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:06 am
MegaBonus wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:17 am And yours wasn’t??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Even if it was, you bit.
Ange is a Liverpool fan I think.
Yep.

And a Carlton Aussie Rules ‘football’ supporter. Like so many youngsters of immigrant parents, he was exposed by relentless peer pressure at school to play Aussie rules otherwise you were not accepted. Eventually his ol’ man convinced him to play real football (socca) and the rest of his playing/coaching career followed.
How do you know this?
Read his book.
Interesting, must be an age thing. Neither of my kids ever had any pressure to play aussie rules. Most of their mates played football. One of them just got a pro contracts in football and an other in aussie rules..

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Very good final day in the SPL. Fantastic day when good has replaced evil.. Thoroughly deserved champions. Some brilliant goals in a 6:0 win. Congrats Ange on your first season.
Tom Rogic's last game for Celtic . Pity he could not score. He's ruled out A-League return.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:56 am Very good final day in the SPL. Fantastic day when good has replaced evil.. Thoroughly deserved champions. Some brilliant goals in a 6:0 win. Congrats Ange on your first season.
Tom Rogic's last game for Celtic . Pity he could not score. He's ruled out A-League return.
But the evil terrorist supporting anti British team won.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

God is an Englishman wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:15 pm
eagleboy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:56 am Very good final day in the SPL. Fantastic day when good has replaced evil.. Thoroughly deserved champions. Some brilliant goals in a 6:0 win. Congrats Ange on your first season.
You don't write an op-ed for the Guardian, do you.?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Post by God is an Englishman » Sun May 15, 2022 7:45 pm
eagleboy wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 11:26 am
Very good final day in the SPL. Fantastic day when good has replaced evil.. Thoroughly deserved champions. Some brilliant goals in a 6:0 win. Congrats Ange on your first season.
well this is awkward for you...."Too obvious" and "you bit" :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:01 pm
Of course I don't.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:52 am
Of course I don't.
You have missed your calling. ;-)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:38 am
Of course I don't.
I'm right wing, so how could that work?

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:23 am
eagleboy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:38 am
Of course I don't.
I'm right wing, so how could that work?
commend you for the admission , pity the leftists around here cant admit same
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

The Europa cup final between Frankfurt and Rangers will be on 9Now tomorrow morning at 4.30am. Good to see it on FTA. I thought it was exclusive to Stan. Good to see another commercial station involved.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

eagleboy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:09 pm The Europa cup final between Frankfurt and Rangers will be on 9Now tomorrow morning at 4.30am. Good to see it on FTA. I thought it was exclusive to Stan. Good to see another commercial station involved.
Stan is owned by Ch9
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

How dare you guys jump on my original thread and make this all about Rangers! :evil:

Seriously, for the sake of the game in Scotland I wish them all the best. They are there on merit and if they hold their nerve they are certainly good enough to win it.

Win or lose I hope the 'undesirable element' of the support (both Rangers and Frankfurt) can party without a riot as it could easily get out of hand.

If Rangers win it then Ange can say his Bhoys beat a very good team to the title! As a Celtic man any positive spin I can put on it helps. :lol:

Get In The Car
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Get In The Car »

Well done Eintracht Frankfurt.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Get In The Car wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:25 am Well done Eintracht Frankfurt.
I'd like to say well done to the Ref's and VAR crew. That was a faultless game by them.
Congrats to Hrustic for his great penalty. Good to see an Aussie winning a medal.
Got to feel sorry for Aaron Ramsey. The down the middle penalty works most times .

Get In The Car
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Get In The Car »

The studs to the face should have been a red card.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Another great season by the Celts, but more importantly, A great win for Ange!.
The way he has transformed the team this year, and the way they play is amazing.

Pity FFA decided to force him to retire and appoint Arnold.
Luckily for the FFA, Australia WONT make the 2022 World Cup!
:clap:

if only Ange was still in charge..........
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Celtic will be red hot favourites in many peoples eyes not only for the annihilation of Dundee United last week but for their fine start to the season, though don't be fooled- Rangers are well organised and have an excellent coach in GVB. As proved in their qualification to the CL they are extremely resilient and on their day they are more than a match when faced with more fancied opposition which will be the case tomorrow.
Celtic will fancy their chances but if Rangers weather the expected early storm thrown at them they could settle in to the game and cause the home side issues. Celtic enjoy playing from the back and through the midfield and imposing themselves on the opposition with possession style football.
I think Rangers will press high on Celtic and flood the midfield, relying on keeping them out for the first hour or so then having a real go if the opportunity presents itself.
Ange has been a revelation as Celtic manager and he fits superbly well in their attacking ethos, only negative for me is they leave themselves too open at the back and Rangers could exploit this.
I am hoping for a strong Celtic performance but expect Rangers to display commitment, desire and discipline (Morelos aside but don't think he will be involved). Celtic to win 2-1 in a keenly contested game.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:39 pm Celtic will be red hot favourites in many peoples eyes not only for the annihilation of Dundee United last week but for their fine start to the season, though don't be fooled- Rangers are well organised and have an excellent coach in GVB. As proved in their qualification to the CL they are extremely resilient and on their day they are more than a match when faced with more fancied opposition which will be the case tomorrow.
Celtic will fancy their chances but if Rangers weather the expected early storm thrown at them they could settle in to the game and cause the home side issues. Celtic enjoy playing from the back and through the midfield and imposing themselves on the opposition with possession style football.
I think Rangers will press high on Celtic and flood the midfield, relying on keeping them out for the first hour or so then having a real go if the opportunity presents itself.
Ange has been a revelation as Celtic manager and he fits superbly well in their attacking ethos, only negative for me is they leave themselves too open at the back and Rangers could exploit this.
I am hoping for a strong Celtic performance but expect Rangers to display commitment, desire and discipline (Morelos aside but don't think he will be involved). Celtic to win 2-1 in a keenly contested game.
Good summary. Hoping for a Celtics win but Ranger are a very good side. They seem to fight matches out until the end. Thinking a draw.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Celtic beat The Shame of Scotland 4:0 .

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:12 pm Celtic beat The Shame of Scotland 4:0 .
No, Scotland' shame won.

I have no idea how anyone can evwr defend celtic. Some of their supporters are just pure scum.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

The performance and the result was what I hoped for though I genuinely expected a tougher game. Celtic's quick thinking contributed to two goals- Jota's finish was class and the give away goal late on summed up Rangers' day.
Though I think Ryan Kent is an extremely gifted player I think he makes poor decisions in the final third and does not fulfil his potential. If you compare his stats to either Jota or Abada they just don't stack up. Could see him leaving if Rangers get a decent bid (Leeds rumoured to be interested) as his contract runs down. For all his skill I don't think he would be missed too much.
Interested also to hear Barry Fergusson's (ex Rangers' captain) opinion prior to the game stating that Ange only has a Plan A
and that van Bronckhorst has a plan A,B,C and D and that he knows how to deal with Ange's tactics. God help him if this is the case! ;-)

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

God is an Englishman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:47 am
eagleboy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:12 pm Celtic beat The Shame of Scotland 4:0 .
No, Scotland' shame won.

I have no idea how anyone can evwr defend celtic. Some of their supporters are just pure scum.
Yes sure...................and all the Rangers' supporters are saints. Troll, troll, troll. :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:34 pm
No, Scotland' shame won.

Yes sure...................and all the Rangers' supporters are saints. Troll, troll, troll. :roll:
Have rangers fans ever sung about the death of a soldier from their own "nation"?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

God is an Englishman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:02 pm
No, Scotland' shame won.

Have rangers fans ever sung about the death of a soldier from their own "nation"?
I condemn this- will you condemn the singing of the 'Billy Boys'? As I have always stated- faults on BOTH sides of the divide.
If you can't acknowledge this there is something wrong in your way of thinking. Unless of course you are a bigot.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:11 pm
No, Scotland' shame won.

I condemn this- will you condemn the singing of the 'Billy Boys'? As I have always stated- faults on BOTH sides of the divide.
If you can't acknowledge this there is something wrong in your way of thinking. Unless of course you are a bigot.
Both sides should cut it out. However, Billy boys is about killing the enemy so not even close to as bad.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

God is an Englishman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:53 pm
No, Scotland' shame won.

Both sides should cut it out. However, Billy boys is about killing the enemy so not even close to as bad.
Your first line I agree with. You're second line I reject- it is every bit as bad and just as evil. I hope I am not required to repeat the history lesson regarding Ireland and their reasons for their total disregard of the British Government/British Army.

I would normally stick to discussing football but now and again I have to 'check' those that show ignorance- accept that BOTH sides have faults and move on.

Perhaps you should spend more energy on contributing to threads on this forum and spending less time just merely trolling for a reaction. ;-)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:07 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:53 pm

No, Scotland' shame won.

Your first line I agree with. You're second line I reject- it is every bit as bad and just as evil. I hope I am not required to repeat the history lesson regarding Ireland and their reasons for their total disregard of the British Government/British Army.

I would normally stick to discussing football but now and again I have to 'check' those that show ignorance- accept that BOTH sides have faults and move on.

Perhaps you should spend more energy on contributing to threads on this forum and spending less time just merely trolling for a reaction. ;-)

I am English, therefore the murder of an English soldier is always going to be worse.