Raheem Sterling vs LFC

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Raheem Sterling vs LFC

Post by scar »

Any chance RS could possibly manage at least a half decent match against his former club which I'm yet to see or will the 'boo boys' mess with his head again? Personally I would not start him & would only play him off the bench vs LFC.

Btw, the irony is we gifted them Milner on a freebie (has since played an integral part for LFC) while we payed an over-inflated price at the time yet RS still gets the constant boos & jeers.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Raheem Sterling vs LFC

Post by Nice One Cyril »

scar wrote:Any chance RS could possibly manage at least a half decent match against his former club which I'm yet to see or will the 'boo boys' mess with his head again? Personally I would not start him & would only play him off the bench vs LFC.

Btw, the irony is we gifted them Milner on a freebie (has since played an integral part for LFC) while we payed an over-inflated price at the time yet RS still gets the constant boos & jeers.
Label me a boo boy if you like but Sterling's been rubbish so far although, to be fair, Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum haven't been much better.

Kompany incredibly lucky to only get a yellow and a fabulous strike from Aguero, who's still the best finisher in the league.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Well, he got better in the second half, but still managed to miss an openish goal.

I thought the City midfield just outperformed the Liverpool midfield, who struggled to get the ball into their front three.

Keeps the title race interesting.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Well, he got better in the second half, but still managed to miss an openish goal.

I thought the City midfield just outperformed the Liverpool midfield, who struggled to get the ball into their front three.

Agree Cyril! Liverpoo looked good first 20 odd mins of the 2nd half, as they had to come out firing, and i thought they may go on and win it after they scored but City dug in and got a deserved result in the end. Bernardo and Sterling should of wrapped it up earlier but just made for an interesting finish.

3 horse race now, its wipe open!! There is one horse thou that i hope fades away :wink:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Well, he got better in the second half, but still managed to miss an openish goal.

Agree Cyril! Liverpoo looked good first 20 odd mins of the 2nd half, as they had to come out firing, and i thought they may go on and win it after they scored but City dug in and got a deserved result in the end. Bernardo and Sterling should of wrapped it up earlier but just made for an interesting finish.

3 horse race now, its wipe open!! There is one horse thou that i hope fades away :wink:
:lol: I hope I'm proved wrong, but unless Levy suddenly spends millions on players I think we'll be also rans again.
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Game of centimetres. Hits post - one goes out, the other scrapes in. Goal line technology - 99/100ths of ball over the line - no goal.
Kompany on another day gets a red card.
Maybe the loss the Reds had to have though?
Still top :)
Ignore this signature

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:

:lol: I hope I'm proved wrong, but unless Levy suddenly spends millions on players I think we'll be also rans again.
Are you moving this season? if so, that could actually not help as well, as the new ground will take some getting used to and you are currently used to playing at home in a half empty stadium.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Back for Christmas wrote:Are you moving this season? if so, that could actually not help as well, as the new ground will take some getting used to and you are currently used to playing at home in a half empty stadium.
You sound like Neil Warnock, maybe you’re just jealous that we get to Wembley more than you?
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Overall the best side won in what was a cracking game.

IMO should have been a penalty for the foul on Sterling in the box .

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Back for Christmas wrote:Are you moving this season? if so, that could actually not help as well, as the new ground will take some getting used to and you are currently used to playing at home in a half empty stadium.
You sound like Neil Warnock, maybe you’re just jealous that we get to Wembley more than you?
You are like hookers, you pay for the privilege.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:Overall the best side won in what was a cracking game.

What about the red card that the ref missed? Why do you only highlight one incident? Poor reporting for those who didn’t see the game .

I agree that City were the better team on the day.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Back for Christmas wrote:

What about the red card that the ref missed? Why do you only highlight one incident? Poor reporting for those who didn’t see the game .

Gee I didn’t know I was submitting a match report but I do agree Kompany shoot have been sent off.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:
Back for Christmas wrote:

Gee I didn’t know I was submitting a match report but I do agree Kompany shoot have been sent off.
But why mention just one thing ? Your selective comment makes it sound like the (local) ref favoured city, whereas he didn’t at all. If he sent Kompany off, I doubt city win. But that’s football, so no complaints from me.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -club.html

Sets the season up for an exciting run home.

Odds

Liverpool 1.60
Man City. 2.60
Spurs. 21.00
Last edited by ozzie owl on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I won’t read that link, as I don’t like what they report.
I am pretty certain it will be a load of rubbish anyway - as it’s well known how bad they are. Don’t you watch the ABC media watch?

I only read factual stuff :-)