Brexit Impact on English football

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Brexit Impact on English football

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:02 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:18 am
Old Master wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:44 pm

One idea I have thought of is that lower league clubs could sign a full quota of o/S U/23's and see how they acclimatise to British Football and then on sell them to EPL clubs if they make the grade. :idea: OM
I can only assume you are taking the piss here.

You want to encourage young foreigners in divisions that should be producing young English footballers?
Well most EFL clubs have a number of o/s players, probably even Millwall, and many of these are there mainly because they've played a fair few senior games overseas and that gives them an advantage over young British players.
British clubs have always been reluctant to 'blood' young players - even before the introduction of foreign players.
Speak for your own club, Millwall have a history of a great youth set up. We do have foreign players, our striker is welsh.

You say about blooding young players, so we should be encouraging teams to do it not just get players from overseas.

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

THE ORAKLE wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:31 am I honestly don't think Brexit will get up unfortunately. all this has proved that the will of ordinary people mean nothing and never has. :roll:
+1 hard to argue with that statement
Just ask the Scottish and Irish.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

alwaysoffside wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:49 am
THE ORAKLE wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:31 am I honestly don't think Brexit will get up unfortunately. all this has proved that the will of ordinary people mean nothing and never has. :roll:
+1 hard to argue with that statement
Just ask the Scottish and Irish.
Not sure how that statement is relevant. The vote was made as the UK, not the individual countries.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

should never have gone into it in the first place,.heath was an eletest idiot. nigel farage for pm. :roll: