Football stands on the brink of becoming the national sport

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

GeorgeFowell
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Football stands on the brink of becoming the national sport

Post by GeorgeFowell »

In Australia, contingent upon which state you're in, 'footy' alludes to Australian guidelines or rugby class, not affiliation football. However the men's national football group are planning for their fourth straight appearance in the World Cup – and football is as of now serenely the most prominent group activity to play down under.

On the off chance that cricket is the session of Old World Australia, and Aussie administers the amusement concocted by the individuals who settled in Australia in the Nineteenth Century, football is turning out to be the round of the new Australia.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Football stands on the brink of becoming the national sp

Post by Old Master »

GeorgeFowell wrote:In Australia, contingent upon which state you're in, 'footy' alludes to Australian guidelines or rugby class, not affiliation football. However the men's national football group are planning for their fourth straight appearance in the World Cup – and football is as of now serenely the most prominent group activity to play down under.

On the off chance that cricket is the session of Old World Australia, and Aussie administers the amusement concocted by the individuals who settled in Australia in the Nineteenth Century, football is turning out to be the round of the new Australia.

I used to share your views at one time but then reality slapped me back in to place so often that I realised it will never happen in my lifetime.

Football has promised so much so often and then managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory every time.
The continual infighting amongst the same old groups, every time, always manages to drag us back just as we are about to break free of the pack.

Along with that is the domination of the sports media by the rugby and afl codes in every state and every media outlet and a strong perception by the general Australian public that Football is a game for 'Shelagh's, Wogs & Poofters', an idea that still persists with the media commentators.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details