"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:08 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says chief
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 6669
Location: Campbelltown
Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says chief engineer

By Richard Conway

BBC sports news correspondent

From the section Tottenham

I would help build Spurs stadium - Pochettino

Tottenham's new stadium will be "the greatest that's ever been built", says one of the chief engineers working on the delayed project.

The new 62,000-seat arena was due to open on 15 September.

It means Spurs play Watford in Milton Keynes on Wednesday because their usual temporary home - Wembley Stadium - is not ready after last weekend's Anthony Joshua fight.

"We've tried to do something in double time," engineer Nick Cooper said.

"If you look at any other project of this nature you wouldn't have achieved as much as we've achieved with the stadium.

"Be patient with us, we understand the frustrations."

Contractor Mace has claimed faulty wiring is behind the delay, while Spurs have not given a new completion date. Manager Mauricio Pochettino said he is "confident" it will be ready this year.

"It's been radio silence from the club," says Pete Haine, secretary of the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust in reference to the lack of an official date for the first game.

"I can understand their point of view. I can understand the fact they don't want to commit to another date and then fail to meet it.

"As fans we'd like to know, we'd like some certainty. If it's going to be next year then fine. Tell us. We can plan for that."

The situation has been compounded for season ticket holders due to incompatible ticketing systems between the new stadium and Wembley - requiring fans to claim a refund from the club for games that have moved and then having to buy a new ticket for the game at Wembley.

Last month the Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy said that he hoped to announce an opening date as soon as possible.

"We are all focused on ensuring contractors deliver our new stadium in the shortest possible period of time and opening our stadium at the earliest opportunity," Levy said.

"We are now being regularly updated on progress and as soon as we have confidence in our project managers' and contractors' ability to deliver against the revised schedule of works, we shall be able to issue dates for test events and the official opening game."

Cooper said the pitch will be laid next week, indicating that the stadium could be nearly ready.
Spurs dividing pitch
The new dividing pitch is currently being installed at the stadium
Built in virtually every corner of the UK - how Tottenham's ground is coming together

The stadium will feature the world's first dividing, retractable grass pitch built by a Leicester-based firm. Underneath will be an artificial NFL surface - all part of Spurs' grand plan to provide a world-class venue for both sports.
The Sky Walk, a unique visitor attraction which will allow people to climb the exterior of the stadium up to 40 metres high, has been manufactured by a Midlands-based construction company.
Six 70-metre trusses capable of extending across the pitch will suspend 950 powerful lights to help grow the grass. The trusses then all fold away, collapsing under the subterranean NFL pitch.
The three pitch trays which form the retractable grass pitch were manufactured across Yorkshire by a Sheffield engineering specialist firm.
The stadium steel works were made by a Lancashire-based company who also worked on the Olympic Stadium.
The concrete panels featuring the club crest, positioned at the north entrance of the stadium, were cast in Scunthorpe.
Spurs claim the local economy will be boosted by £293m each year and 3,500 jobs created across the entire stadium scheme to handle an expected two million visitors per year.
258 affordable homes have been built nearby and money has been ploughed into a partnership with nine independent schools to create the London Academy of Excellence, which is connected to the building that houses the club's new offices.

I notice that most of the important construction work is being done by companies from the North of England.
Obviously the Southern Slackers can't manage anything so complicated.OM
:oops:

_________________
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43545
Old Master wrote:
I notice that most of the important construction work is being done by companies from the North of England.
Obviously the Southern Slackers can't manage anything so complicated.OM
:oops:


Or more likely, the southerners have well paid jobs that don't need them to get their hands dirty on menial building work.

OR, just as likely. A northern company will work for a pint of mild and a pigeon compared to the rich southerners.


Oops, you didn't think that through did you, silly northern monkey.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:48 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11786
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
How many kilburns has it taken to build this stadium?

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:01 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43545
Stitch This wrote:
How many kilburns has it taken to build this stadium?



0.1 of a Kilburn so far

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:45 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 6669
Location: Campbelltown
God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:
I notice that most of the important construction work is being done by companies from the North of England.
Obviously the Southern Slackers can't manage anything so complicated.OM
:oops:


Or more likely, the southerners have well paid jobs that don't need them to get their hands dirty on menial building work.

OR, just as likely. A northern company will work for a pint of mild and a pigeon compared to the rich southerners.


Oops, you didn't think that through did you, silly northern monkey.



Thanks for taking the bait. :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43545
silly northern monkey, gets found out so claims he was fishing.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:25 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16897
Old Master wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:
I notice that most of the important construction work is being done by companies from the North of England.
Obviously the Southern Slackers can't manage anything so complicated.OM
:oops:


Or more likely, the southerners have well paid jobs that don't need them to get their hands dirty on menial building work.

OR, just as likely. A northern company will work for a pint of mild and a pigeon compared to the rich southerners.


Oops, you didn't think that through did you, silly northern monkey.



Thanks for taking the bait. :lol: :lol: :lol:


From what I saw in England recently I'd say there would be a fair number of foreign workers working on the stadium.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:13 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 1311
How times have changed. I am watching Chelsea TV and they have a FA cup match v Watford 14/03/1970. The Pitch is a disgrace. So much mud. It almost looks like beach soccer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:42 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 3278
money, or lack of it controls everything nowadays. scary isn't it. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:08 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16897
eagleboy wrote:
How times have changed. I am watching Chelsea TV and they have a FA cup match v Watford 14/03/1970. The Pitch is a disgrace. So much mud. It almost looks like beach soccer.


Yes even Wembley Stadium was mud bath for the Chelsea v Leeds for the 1970 Cup Final.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:59 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 3278
spurs new stadium 62.000. old Trafford Manchester 76.000. a northern construction plot I presume. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:13 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16326
THE ORAKLE wrote:
spurs new stadium 62.000. old Trafford Manchester 76.000. a northern construction plot I presume. :wink:

You’re the reason so many northern girls head south to London, you hayseeds are always prioritising size over performance.

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:22 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43545
Nice One Cyril wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:
spurs new stadium 62.000. old Trafford Manchester 76.000. a northern construction plot I presume. :wink:

You’re the reason so many northern girls head south to London, you hayseeds are always prioritising size over performance.


:lol:

Northern birds do seem to like a London accent.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:43 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 12832
God is an Englishman wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:
spurs new stadium 62.000. old Trafford Manchester 76.000. a northern construction plot I presume. :wink:

You’re the reason so many northern girls head south to London, you hayseeds are always prioritising size over performance.


:lol:

Northern birds do seem to like a London accent.


If they also liked Kent ones, you would have had more choice ...yet you chose an Aussie accent? :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:01 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54131
Location: Between the lake and the beach
:lol:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:07 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43545
I liked being on top wrote:
If they also liked Kent ones, you would have had more choice ...yet you chose an Aussie accent? :lol: :lol: :lol:


I don't have a Kent accent though.

She ran a pub, the accent was irrelevant.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:10 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54131
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
I liked being on top wrote:
If they also liked Kent ones, you would have had more choice ...yet you chose an Aussie accent? :lol: :lol: :lol:


I don't have a Kent accent though.

She ran a pub, the accent was irrelevant.


If she OWNED the pub, then I'd understand. :wink:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:50 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43545
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
I liked being on top wrote:
If they also liked Kent ones, you would have had more choice ...yet you chose an Aussie accent? :lol: :lol: :lol:


I don't have a Kent accent though.

She ran a pub, the accent was irrelevant.


If she OWNED the pub, then I'd understand. :wink:


Running is better, free drinks without it coming out of her profit margin.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:52 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 12832
God is an Englishman wrote:

Running is better, free drinks without it coming out of her profit margin.


it cost you in the end though...she was one clever lady.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:52 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 3278
God is an Englishman wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:
spurs new stadium 62.000. old Trafford Manchester 76.000. a northern construction plot I presume. :wink:

You’re the reason so many northern girls head south to London, you hayseeds are always prioritising size over performance.


:lol:

Northern birds do seem to like a London accent.



obviously southern blokes are easier to get money from. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:49 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43545
THE ORAKLE wrote:

obviously southern blokes are easier to get money from. :wink:



Correct, we have enough to throw around.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:38 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:50 pm
Posts: 3278
God is an Englishman wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:

obviously southern blokes are easier to get money from. :wink:



Correct, we have enough to throw around.



fools and their money are soon parted. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:28 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43545
THE ORAKLE wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:

obviously southern blokes are easier to get money from. :wink:



Correct, we have enough to throw around.



fools and their money are soon parted. :)



We have plenty to throw around

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:54 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1981
If I had a crap in a plastic bucket then poured the contents into a shiny new silver bucket it would still be just a bucket of shite


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:50 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16326
N5 1BH wrote:
If I had a crap in a plastic bucket then poured the contents into a shiny new silver bucket it would still be just a bucket of shite

This sounds like an analogy for Arsenal moving from Highbury to the Emirates :lol:

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:46 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54131
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Nice One Cyril wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
If I had a crap in a plastic bucket then poured the contents into a shiny new silver bucket it would still be just a bucket of shite

This sounds like an analogy for Arsenal moving from Highbury to the Emirates :lol:


:lol:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:10 am 
Online
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1592
Great stadium, empty trophy cabinet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 6669
Location: Campbelltown
The Spurs have finally won a game in their New Stadium. :shock: :lol:

_________________
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:46 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43545
Old Master wrote:
The Spurs have finally won a game in their New Stadium. :shock: :lol:


Finally?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spurs' new stadium 'will be greatest ever built' says ch
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:26 pm 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1981
Well the opening ceremony was a shocker. Start as you mean to go on I say


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group