Qatar 2022

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Qatar 2022

Post by Bomber »

November/December they say. If ever there was a WC to boycott, this would be the one. Still can't believe this was allowed to happen, especially after the corruption of former FIFA bosses were exposed. Can it. Give it to England and make it June/July.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Qatar 2022

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:November/December they say. If ever there was a WC to boycott, this would be the one. Still can't believe this was allowed to happen, especially after the corruption of former FIFA bosses were exposed. Can it. Give it to England and make it June/July.
I am now considering going to this one, have discussed it with my son and hopefully it will happen.

That said, if it wasn't for the fact that it's coming home - I'd like to see the premier league say TOUGH, WE ARE NOT STOPPING THE SEASON FOR 2 MONTHS.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:November/December they say. If ever there was a WC to boycott, this would be the one. Still can't believe this was allowed to happen, especially after the corruption of former FIFA bosses were exposed. Can it. Give it to England and make it June/July.
I am now considering going to this one, have discussed it with my son and hopefully it will happen.

That said, if it wasn't for the fact that it's coming home - I'd like to see the premier league say TOUGH, WE ARE NOT STOPPING THE SEASON FOR 2 MONTHS.
ALL leagues should play on.

Don't fancy a beer with the boy (and fellow fans), assuming he'll be old enough by then?
Ignore this signature

Lagartija Nick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lagartija Nick »

It should never have gone to qatar but I would have had no problems with it being in other countries in that region, or it being in different parts of the year if the climate dictates it.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Don't fancy a beer with the boy (and fellow fans), assuming he'll be old enough by then?
He will be old enough by then, part of my thought process as well. Probably going to be more expensive for a beer there than adelaide though :(

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

He will be old enough by then, part of my thought process as well. Probably going to be more expensive for a beer there than adelaide though :(

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Terrorist sponsoring country

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

zzz wrote:Terrorist sponsoring country
So are one of the next hosts
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

Clem Fandango
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Clem Fandango »

Fuck of Mussolini
Grosso, can you hear me?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

The amount of corruption and bribery to get Qatar as the world cup must be mind boggling. I don't know much about the place but with only a population of 2mill but the need to build brand new stadiums that will not get used again, Tourist accommodation to be built on a grand scale, security like nothing ever seen. The country will have to look away while its own law on alcohol and human abuse (sharia law)are reviewed. To top it off a lot of major football leagues will need to go into a hiatus.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:

Gee can you imagine how some of the sides would look with WC players missing, epecially if it is expanded to 48 sides.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:Gee can you imagine how some of the sides would look with WC players missing, epecially if it is expanded to 48 sides.
It's 4 years away, put it in their contracts that they don't go to the world cup.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Somehow, I cannot see the Major European Leagues agreeing to the closing down of their leagues during what is usually one of their busiest periods and as Giae says, 'it's 4 years away'.

The only way this could happen is if the seasons start a month earlier, which will then put the players' fitness levels under pressure and injury risks increase due to not having a reasonable recovery time.

Most of the European based WC level players will have played over 65 matches in the previous season with little break time and then around 25 matches before the WC starts and then the season will resume - too much.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

I was 100% against Qatar getting the World Cup, was there yesterday on the way back from Europe and it was 40c at 7am. Further proves how totally corrupt the whole process was (is) as they didn't put changing the dates into their original bid, but the dates need to change based on the weather. Having said that, I believe they will host a good and safe World Cup - also the teams won't be increased to 48 (another totally baffling decision all about money that will probably backfire) until 2026
Are you Bodo in disguise?

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Clem Fandango wrote:
Fuck of Mussolini

Do you support them too?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Knight15 wrote:I was 100% against Qatar getting the World Cup, was there yesterday on the way back from Europe and it was 40c at 7am. Further proves how totally corrupt the whole process was (is) as they didn't put changing the dates into their original bid, but the dates need to change based on the weather. Having said that, I believe they will host a good and safe World Cup - also the teams won't be increased to 48 (another totally baffling decision all about money that will probably backfire) until 2026
I'll be flying there in a few weeks but luckily its only a short stop over. All the ME countries sponsor some type of radical movement and they all hate each other. One thing I am noticing though on the Fox network and regular TV is the sponsorship Qatar has. Include the WC, but the SCG signage, I think Barco was sponsor by them. They must be spending billions, its no wonder petrol prices high.