Who is the Tastiest World Cup Player?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Who is the Tastiest World Cup Player?

Post by Old Master »

Player Pizzas

A restaurant in St Petersburg has struck a chord with the hordes of football fans in town for the 2018 FIFA World Cup by serving up pizzas featuring the faces of some of the tournament's biggest stars.
Updated Updated 1 hour ago

Ahead of the last-16 match between Uruguay and Portugal in Sochi, fans who visited the HopHead Tap Room bar in St Petersburg were given a chance to turn the tables on Luis Suarez and take a bite out of the Uruguay striker.

Uruguay's record scorer arrived in Russia looking to dispel the memory of his infamous bite on Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo is the other player featured in Chef Valery Maksimchik's unique pizza art, and the edible portraits are a big hit with fans and the restaurant's regulars alike.

Suarez has a Bite
"It really does have a bite," said one satisfied customer, while chewing his way through a slice of Suarez.

Each pizza portrait takes nearly two hours of careful stencilling and cutting. The dough is cooked before the stencilling process and then the cheese is melted into position.

"We started doing this in connection with the World Cup, we support football and sport through this method," said Maksimchik, who has also made pizza portraits of Russia coach Stanislav Cherchesov and striker Artem Dzyuba.

"My main work is as a pizzaiolo, but this is a hobby, so it brings me pleasure, like any hobby would."

The chef has promised to make pizza portraits of each Russia player if the hosts go all the way and win the FIFA World Cup.
Source: Reuters

Can any Adelaide Pizzeria match that I wonder? OM
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Who is the Tastiest World Cup Player?

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Old Master wrote:Player Pizzas

A restaurant in St Petersburg has struck a chord with the hordes of football fans in town for the 2018 FIFA World Cup by serving up pizzas featuring the faces of some of the tournament's biggest stars.

Ahead of the last-16 match between Uruguay and Portugal in Sochi, fans who visited the HopHead Tap Room bar in St Petersburg were given a chance to turn the tables on Luis Suarez and take a bite out of the Uruguay striker.

Uruguay's record scorer arrived in Russia looking to dispel the memory of his infamous bite on Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo is the other player featured in Chef Valery Maksimchik's unique pizza art, and the edible portraits are a big hit with fans and the restaurant's regulars alike.

Suarez has a Bite
"It really does have a bite," said one satisfied customer, while chewing his way through a slice of Suarez.

Each pizza portrait takes nearly two hours of careful stencilling and cutting. The dough is cooked before the stencilling process and then the cheese is melted into position.

"We started doing this in connection with the World Cup, we support football and sport through this method," said Maksimchik, who has also made pizza portraits of Russia coach Stanislav Cherchesov and striker Artem Dzyuba.

"My main work is as a pizzaiolo, but this is a hobby, so it brings me pleasure, like any hobby would."

The chef has promised to make pizza portraits of each Russia player if the hosts go all the way and win the FIFA World Cup.

shiraz me what a waste of 2 mins I won't get back.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Who is the Tastiest World Cup Player?

Post by Old Master »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Old Master wrote:Player Pizzas

Suarez has a Bite

shiraz me what a waste of 2 mins I won't get back.

Now you know how I feel reading your posts.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details