Denmark V Australia

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Denmark V Australia

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:You do realise that if the penalty wasn't given, in the chaos of all possibilities, Australia could have actually won the game as the rest of the match would have changed. Based on the 90 mins, Oz were unlucky not to win. And your (GIAE) opinion doesn't hold much weight as Australia could win 8-0 and you'd find something "lucky" about it. :P
How many saves did Schmeichel have to make?

I'd say australia were lucky to come away with a point, they only earnt it through a dodgy penalty.
He made a few. How many did Ryan have to make? And refer to previous post about the weight of your opinion.
Ignore this signature

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Bomber wrote:
magnet wrote:
Bomber wrote:Well that's very unprofessional of them then. Silly thing is there was a bigger claim for a penalty not considered later on, but no-one seems to give a rats about shirt pulling any more which is madness in itself.
Australia will go far in this tournament - providing they continue to be awarded soft penalties
Handball's "soft". :lol:

Last night was debatable, whether it was a penalty to the letter of the law, but so was the French one against. Swings and roundabouts my friend, and anyone who thinks Denmark was unlucky last night either is so biased against Australia or just doesn't know much about football.
you kidding? even the Australian commentators and pundits were saying it shouldn't have been a penalty. The France one was debatable, last nights just wasn't a penalty.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

If its not debatable, then there would have been no hand contact. If its not debatable, the ref (who watched it on VAR) wouldn't have given it. You understand what the term "debatable" means don't you?
Ignore this signature

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Bomber wrote:If its not debatable, then there would have been no hand contact. If its not debatable, the ref (who watched it on VAR) wouldn't have given it. You understand what the term "debatable" means don't you?
The only debate was in the refs head. Maybe he's schizo

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

I couldn't see much difference between the France penalty and the Denmark penalty decision. Even the penalty was taken the same way and the result was the same GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAL to the Socceroos. :)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:If its not debatable, then there would have been no hand contact. If its not debatable, the ref (who watched it on VAR) wouldn't have given it. You understand what the term "debatable" means don't you?
Anything can be debatable if people want to debate. Some people debate the world being flat. That being a handball is akin to that "debate".

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

magnet wrote:
The only debate was in the refs head. Maybe he's schizo
Ask for his FIFA medical report Magnet then you will be sure.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Has a team ever qualified from the group stages without scoring a goal in open play?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Anything can be debatable if people want to debate. Some people debate the world being flat. That being a handball is akin to that "debate".
It hit his hand in the penalty box - that in itself lends some credence to interpretation of the decision.

And this happened in the first half right? Denmark, if good enough, would have come out an won it in the second half - but were under the pump most of the time.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
It hit his hand in the penalty box - that in itself lends some credence to interpretation of the decision.

And this happened in the first half right? Denmark, if good enough, would have come out an won it in the second half - but were under the pump most of the time.
I disagree, I think the world is round.

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Arfa Fuxake wrote:
zzz wrote:so France win its bye bye Peru and Socceroos
I see maths is not your strong point.
I see adherence to reality is not yours.

France and Denmark will draw, unless Peru wrap up the final game early.
Thats football etiquette.

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Bomber wrote:You do realise that if the penalty wasn't given, in the chaos of all possibilities, Australia could have actually won the game as the rest of the match would have changed. Based on the 90 mins, Oz were unlucky not to win. And your (GIAE) opinion doesn't hold much weight as Australia could win 8-0 and you'd find something "lucky" about it. :P

I'd say australia were lucky to come away with a point, they only earnt it through a dodgy penalty.
They didn't earn it nor did they earn the goal in the other game. Both unearned penalties.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Attempts on goal
Australia = 14
Denmark = 10

corners
Australia = 5
Denmark = 3

Possession (as an indicator to support the above)
Australia =52
Denmark = 48

but don't late a troll tell the story
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

zzz wrote:

They didn't earn it nor did they earn the goal in the other game. Both unearned penalties.
Since when is it in the LOTG that you have to "earn" a pen? Sloppiness or ill-discipline from opposition irrelevant now? Jedinak should have belted both pens over the bar to keep all the idiots happy.
Ignore this signature

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

MegaBonus wrote:Attempts on goal
Australia = 14
Denmark = 10

corners
Australia = 5
Denmark = 3

Australia =52
Denmark = 48

4 shots on target for each team, poor

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Bomber wrote:
zzz wrote:

Since when is it in the LOTG that you have to "earn" a pen? Sloppiness or ill-discipline from opposition irrelevant now? Jedinak should have belted both pens over the bar to keep all the idiots happy.
I was correcting "God is an Englishman" mistake where he said they 'earnt' a penalty.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

zzz wrote: I was correcting "God is an Englishman" mistake where he said they 'earnt' a penalty.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

swannsong wrote:
zzz wrote: I was correcting "God is an Englishman" mistake where he said they 'earnt' a penalty.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Why mention his whole family? And their ranking.....?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

zzz wrote:I was correcting "God is an Englishman" mistake where he said they 'earnt' a penalty.
But I didn't say that

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

magnet wrote:
Australia = 14
Denmark = 10

corners
Australia = 5
Denmark = 3

Australia =52
Denmark = 48

For teams that have played two games so far only three have averaging more than four shots on target per game. Are they all poor as well?

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

zzz wrote:I was correcting "God is an Englishman" mistake where he said they 'earnt' a penalty.
But I didn't say that
God is an Englishman wrote: How many saves did Schmeichel have to make?

An argument can be made where you can earn a dodgy penalty. eg a defense is opened up and a 50-50 foul is awarded as a result of a physical tackle. You could say it was earned because the attack caused the action.

In this case it was one of many hopeful Socceroos crosses that was intercepted and happened to bounce onto the hand.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:It hit his hand in the penalty box...
There you go, no argument from me, his arm was up for balance long before the ball hit it. But that isn't a penalty under the LOTG, even allowing for the ridiculously loose interpretation the refs work with. You would have to assume some refs have never jumped to head a ball, or if they have they resemble Irish dancers.

However, that aside, I thought Australia were good value for a point.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:
magnet wrote:
Australia = 14
Denmark = 10

corners
Australia = 5
Denmark = 3

Australia =52
Denmark = 48

For teams that have played two games so far only three have averaging more than four shots on target per game. Are they all poor as well?
Who said the games were poor because of a small amount of shots?

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
There you go, no argument from me, his arm was up for balance long before the ball hit it. But that isn't a penalty under the LOTG, even allowing for the ridiculously loose interpretation the refs work with. You would have to assume some refs have never jumped to head a ball, or if they have they resemble Irish dancers.

Australia never looked like scoring. It was much like the Saudi Arabia v Uruguay game. Uruguay let them have the ball because they knew they couldn't do anything with it.
Without the VAR wrong penalty decision, it would've been a comfortable victory for Denmark. As it was they were satisfied with the point.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

zzz wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Australia never looked like scoring. It was much like the Saudi Arabia v Uruguay game. Uruguay let them have the ball because they knew they couldn't do anything with it.
Without the VAR wrong penalty decision, it would've been a comfortable victory for Denmark. As it was they were satisfied with the point.
I wouldn't say a comfortable victory but can only think of one decent chance the cons had to score (Aside from when the ref helped them).

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote: However, that aside, I thought Australia were good value for a point.
Sad part is many can't admit that it was a decent effort from a bunch of more or less second graders. You don't have to like the team, but those who loathe them are too obvious with their boring nit-picking about how "bad and lucky" they were. Bottom line, very competitive against two high ranked nations so far, so punching above our weight IMO.
Ignore this signature

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote: However, that aside, I thought Australia were good value for a point.
Sad part is many can't admit that it was a decent effort from a bunch of more or less second graders. You don't have to like the team, but those who loathe them are too obvious with their boring nit-picking about how "bad and lucky" they were. Bottom line, very competitive against two high ranked nations so far, so punching above our weight IMO.
I would agree. For a poor footballing team it was quite an industrious effort, especially if your industry is waste disposal.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

zzz wrote: Without the VAR wrong penalty decision, it would've been a comfortable victory for Denmark
Yes, so comfortable that they were backpedalling most of the second half and looked more relieved at the final whistle than us.
Ignore this signature

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

zzz wrote:
Bomber wrote:
I would agree. For a poor footballing team it was quite an industrious effort, especially if your industry is waste disposal.
Still pissed that Italy didn't make it I see. Do you spit on homeless people for kicks?
Ignore this signature

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Bomber wrote:
zzz wrote: Without the VAR wrong penalty decision, it would've been a comfortable victory for Denmark
Yes, so comfortable that they were backpedalling most of the second half and looked more relieved at the final whistle than us.
Of course they looked more relieved. They got a result they wanted whereas the Socceroos are effectively out of the tournament.