"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:13 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 302
How are you peasants watching the World Cup this year?
Optus Sport doesn't look like a very good option. Only SD streams in 2018. What a country.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:27 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:37 pm
Posts: 77
I shan't be watching it. The event has been forever tarnished.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:31 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 12127
Who are the peasants?

And why is SD/HD important.
SBS has games

The quality of football is not effected by the media it is watched on. Many people round the world can’t afford latest technology, it doesn’t make them any ‘less worthy’ than those more fortunate.

I think you are a snob rather than others being peasants.

_________________
DISCLAIMER: My posts are mine and not necessarily the view of any club, group or organisation I belong to.

Take my posts seriously at your peril.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 302
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Who are the peasants?

And why is SD/HD important.
SBS has games

The quality of football is not effected by the media it is watched on. Many people round the world can’t afford latest technology, it doesn’t make them any ‘less worthy’ than those more fortunate.

I think you are a snob rather than others being peasants.


Third world countries get better coverage than this football backwater.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:20 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11708
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
zzz wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Who are the peasants?

And why is SD/HD important.
SBS has games

The quality of football is not effected by the media it is watched on. Many people round the world can’t afford latest technology, it doesn’t make them any ‘less worthy’ than those more fortunate.

I think you are a snob rather than others being peasants.


Third world countries get better coverage than this football backwater.

I think you need your own Waaaaa, Waaaaa, Waaaaa thread.

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:23 pm
Posts: 1717
Third world countries get better coverage than this football backwater.[/quote]

Well naff off to one then piss in the wind......

_________________
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16188
zzz wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Who are the peasants?

And why is SD/HD important.
SBS has games

The quality of football is not effected by the media it is watched on. Many people round the world can’t afford latest technology, it doesn’t make them any ‘less worthy’ than those more fortunate.

I think you are a snob rather than others being peasants.


Third world countries get better coverage than this football backwater.


Me thinks Grosso is back.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52311
Location: Between the lake and the beach
I'll use my eyes as per usual.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:51 pm 
Offline
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:12 pm
Posts: 1
Obviously watching at Home. :( . I wish if I could go and see in Russia.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:11 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
zzz wrote:
How are you peasants watching the World Cup this year?
Optus Sport doesn't look like a very good option. Only SD streams in 2018. What a country.


Are you in russia?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:12 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Old Master's mate has rigged up a system using cables and pulleys that allows me to watch the game with only a 1 week delay.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 12127
i am concerned about this bad weather effecting the signal strength for OM and his fictitious mate.

_________________
DISCLAIMER: My posts are mine and not necessarily the view of any club, group or organisation I belong to.

Take my posts seriously at your peril.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16188
zzz wrote:
How are you peasants watching the World Cup this year?
Optus Sport doesn't look like a very good option. Only SD streams in 2018. What a country.


Whats it like in the Gulag?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:49 pm
Posts: 1241
God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master's mate has rigged up a system using cables and pulleys that allows me to watch the game with only a 1 week delay.


Apparently if you use OM's mates system you tune in to the 1970 Final...............and if you look close enough OM is playing!

_________________
Image
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:11 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Raich Carter wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master's mate has rigged up a system using cables and pulleys that allows me to watch the game with only a 1 week delay.


Apparently if you use OM's mates system you tune in to the 1970 Final...............and if you look close enough OM is playing!




His best mate pele was in it as well.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:56 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:37 pm
Posts: 77
Pele still treasure's OM's shirt from that tournament.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:01 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 12127
The last few posts have been so funny I have nothing to add!

_________________
DISCLAIMER: My posts are mine and not necessarily the view of any club, group or organisation I belong to.

Take my posts seriously at your peril.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 772
legga wrote:
Third world countries get better coverage than this football backwater.


Well naff off to one then piss in the wind......[/quote]

Yeah not fair. Italy will have better coverage than Australia and their not even playing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 12127
eagleboy wrote:
legga wrote:
Third world countries get better coverage than this football backwater.


Well naff off to one then piss in the wind......


Yeah not fair. Italy will have better coverage than Australia and their not even playing.[/quote]


Australia gets better EPL coverage than England BTW, so comparing is not really helpful. Every game live and on demand in Aus is pretty good coverage.

People in today’s world are always moaning and it’s tiresome, embrace what we have and don’t covet what we don’t.

If we all focussed on the positives and not the negatives there would be less mental health issues.

_________________
DISCLAIMER: My posts are mine and not necessarily the view of any club, group or organisation I belong to.

Take my posts seriously at your peril.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:39 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 6401
Location: Campbelltown
Actually, I will be watching the whole World Cup LIVE on my Home TV, as my NBN service has finally been connected and I am getting super-fast speeds, all games will be forwarded directly to me from my Mate's computers.

Take the piss out of me all you like but I am getting it all free and will be able to record any matches that interest me, again thanks to my mate.

Happy World Cup 2018 everyone. :D :D :D :D

_________________
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Old Master wrote:
Actually, I will be watching the whole World Cup LIVE on my Home TV, as my NBN service has finally been connected and I am getting super-fast speeds, all games will be forwarded directly to me from my Mate's computers.

Take the piss out of me all you like but I am getting it all free and will be able to record any matches that interest me, again thanks to my mate.

Happy World Cup 2018 everyone. :D :D :D :D


If only we all knew your mate we could get it for free and be able to record any matches we like. OH WAIT, WE ALREADY CAN :lol:

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 12127
i am intrigued, how is your mate streaming the games to you. Of course its possible, but I don't think I know of anyone who does this from one residential address to another.

Optus is far better for you. $15 I think and you are sorted.

And how will you be watching two games at once? I can do it on differing devices, but didn't think you have many.

This could be great.....

_________________
DISCLAIMER: My posts are mine and not necessarily the view of any club, group or organisation I belong to.

Take my posts seriously at your peril.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
i am intrigued, how is your mate streaming the games to you. Of course its possible, but I don't think I know of anyone who does this from one residential address to another.

Optus is far better for you. $15 I think and you are sorted.

And how will you be watching two games at once? I can do it on differing devices, but didn't think you have many.

This could be great.....


His mate invented the internet (with just an aerial).

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 12127
God is an Englishman wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
i am intrigued, how is your mate streaming the games to you. Of course its possible, but I don't think I know of anyone who does this from one residential address to another.

Optus is far better for you. $15 I think and you are sorted.

And how will you be watching two games at once? I can do it on differing devices, but didn't think you have many.

This could be great.....


His mate invented the internet (with just an aerial).


I work in an area upgrading NBN/Internet speeds for thousands of users - I need to meet him.

_________________
DISCLAIMER: My posts are mine and not necessarily the view of any club, group or organisation I belong to.

Take my posts seriously at your peril.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:30 pm
Posts: 106
Not just any aerial, but one made of lego.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:26 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 12127
Lagartija Nick wrote:
Not just any aerial, but one made of lego.


you are now being silly.

_________________
DISCLAIMER: My posts are mine and not necessarily the view of any club, group or organisation I belong to.

Take my posts seriously at your peril.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42434
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
i am intrigued, how is your mate streaming the games to you. Of course its possible, but I don't think I know of anyone who does this from one residential address to another.

Optus is far better for you. $15 I think and you are sorted.

And how will you be watching two games at once? I can do it on differing devices, but didn't think you have many.

This could be great.....


His mate invented the internet (with just an aerial).


I work in an area upgrading NBN/Internet speeds for thousands of users - I need to meet him.


Bring it to my area, don't have NBN - can't even get ADSL2.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 12127
God is an Englishman wrote:

Bring it to my area, don't have NBN - can't even get ADSL2.


Move into a school and I can possibly help.

_________________
DISCLAIMER: My posts are mine and not necessarily the view of any club, group or organisation I belong to.

Take my posts seriously at your peril.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 6401
Location: Campbelltown
Why should I pay money to Optus when I can get it all for free? :P

I can get all the programs I want to watch from any of the Pay TV companies, Netflix etc, free, gratis and for NOTHING, so who's the fool now? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know how any of this works but I am pleased to know someone who does and you lot are either too stupid or Jealous that all you can think of is to abuse me, sad really, but typical of bullies and Trolls - no imagination. :roll: :!:

_________________
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How are you watching the World Cup?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:15 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 12127
Assuming you have an ISP you are not getting it for Free. Optus are my ISP so it is 'free'.
I am jealous of you?
Me - no imagination?
You get it all for free you say - so you are in fact a petty criminal - like your mates Bobby Charlton - Platini and Blatter?


You don't know how it works you say, what do you actually do to access it? Is it a URL? a program? an app?

_________________
DISCLAIMER: My posts are mine and not necessarily the view of any club, group or organisation I belong to.

Take my posts seriously at your peril.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group