Championship Season 2018/19

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Championship Season 2018/19

Post by Mr Red »

Bomber wrote:
Old Master wrote:
We, unlike Millwall, have moved on since those days.
I can see that. You used to win trophies in the 70's!
I will pay that :D

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:"your" lot normally bottle it against us.

Probably because our foreign players are not used to being kicked so often. :lol:[/quote]

Unfortunately, we have 7 foreign players our side as well.

Couldn't they just watch videos of Leeds in the 70's to see how it's done?[/quote]

We, unlike Millwall, have moved on since those days.

Also, 'We are Leeds' supporters are so proud to be part of our club and consider the club as a part of our family and that it belongs to us.

You are obviously not so proud of Millwall and therefore don't consider yourself as part of the club.[/quote]

Can you explain what WE means?

When was the last time you watched Millwall play? (I seem to remember you've run away from this question before)

Nice to see you admit that they were just a bunch of dirty thugs in the 70's.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

God is an Englishman wrote:[

When was the last time you watched Millwall play?

I have seen them play a few times last year and their last game against Swansea and I think they play a pretty good brand of football and I wouldn't say they are dirty. If anything in their last game against Swansea, Swansea seemed to be more physical than them with one of the Swansea players even getting a red card for a very bad challenge. I like Millwall's playing strip and it will be very hard game for Leeds this week against Millwall at Millwall. My tip for this game is a score draw.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mr Red wrote:

I have seen them play a few times last year and their last game against Swansea and I think they play a pretty good brand of football and I wouldn't say they are dirty. If anything in their last game against Swansea, Swansea seemed to be more physical than them with one of the Swansea players even getting a red card for a very bad challenge. I like Millwall's playing strip and it will be very hard game for Leeds this week against Millwall at Millwall. My tip for this game is a score draw.
That tackle was on James Meredith, quality player who should have a lot more aussie caps than he has.

We play a physical game, would certainly not say it's dirty though.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mr Red wrote:

That tackle was on James Meredith, quality player who should have a lot more aussie caps than he has.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Mr Red wrote:

Hi tempo,direct (where possible) and strong tackling but nothing I have seen has been over the top IMO.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

After that, my son's shirt arrived today. Away shirt - Number 3 - Meredith. Worn by him last season.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

God is an Englishman wrote:After that, my son's shirt arrived today. Away shirt - Number 3 - Meredith. Worn by him last season.
That would look really cool - I bet he will stand out in a crowd with that on :wink:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mr Red wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:After that, my son's shirt arrived today. Away shirt - Number 3 - Meredith. Worn by him last season.
That would look really cool - I bet he will stand out in a crowd with that on :wink:
He won't be wearing it, hanging up on his wall at the moment.

kighds
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by kighds »

If you wanna monitor the right score during watching the match, visit this page and always be sure ​https://777score.n

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Dirty Leeds with the manager starting arguments and their fans revelling in the city's links to Jimmy Saville robbed Millwall with an 89th minute equaliser.

If that's the top of the table, then it's concerning for the championship.
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

God is an Englishman wrote:Dirty Leeds with the manager starting arguments and theor fans revelling in the city's links to Jimmy Saville robbed Millwall with an 89th minute equaliser.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9351558
Said sorry and all good afterwards - Im not sure Leeds are the real deal, Leeds had a very good start at the beginning of last year and then fell in a hole lets see what happens this year.
Last edited by Mr Red on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Overnight results - all pretty close - very tight league with no real stand out at this stage IMO.

Derby County 0
Blackburn 0

Wigan Athletic 2
Hull City 1

Aston Villa 2
Rotherham 0

Derby County 0
Blackburn 0

Ipswich Town 1
Brentford 1

Stoke City 1
Swansea City 0

Leeds United 3
Preston 0

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Mr Red wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Dirty Leeds with the manager starting arguments and theor fans revelling in the city's links to Jimmy Saville robbed Millwall with an 89th minute equaliser.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9351558
Said sorry and all good afterwards - Im not sure Leeds are the real deal, Leeds had a very good start at the beginning of last year and then fell in a whole lets see what happens this year.

Most of Leeds' problems last season were due to club ownership and manager uncertainties, all that seems to be behind them now.
I watched the Preston game this morning and Leeds played pretty impressively, with no sign of any dirty stuff, due to a good manager and a great system that has been fully adopted by the whole club, including the supporters.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Some more overnight results

Sheff Utd 0
Birmingham 0

QPR 2
Millwall 0

Nottm Forest 2
Sheff. Wednesday 1

Middlesbrough 2
Bolton 0

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Well done to PEACOCK-FARRELL for his penalty save in second have time on to give Leeds the 1-0 win over Reading. :wink:

He nearly got dropped a few weeks earlier but he had a solid game with game saving penalty save against Reading.

Leeds fully deserved the win in general play put I think they will have to step away to Sheffield United away on Saturday. I think the injury list is going to hurt Leeds against the better teams.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Villa and Forest 5-5? Must have been some game
Ignore this signature

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Bomber wrote:Villa and Forest 5-5? Must have been some game
Forest playing away scored the equaliser in the 82minute to make it 5-5 with only 10 men after a earlier send off. Yes it would have been an interesting game to watch - both teams are very close on the table and appear to be going all out for the win it would seem.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Millwall are struggling at the bottom end of the table after such a good season last year. It looks like its going to be scrap for them to stay up.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/46728559

Leeds have signed (free) a Madrid keeper yesterday on a 4 year deal.

Rangers have picked up 4 players and Celtic have signed a winger.

Fabregas has moved from Chelsea to Monaco

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mr Red wrote:Millwall are struggling at the bottom end of the table after such a good season last year. It looks like its going to be scrap for them to stay up.
We were in almost exactly the same.position this time last year.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Mr Red wrote:Millwall are struggling at the bottom end of the table after such a good season last year. It looks like its going to be scrap for them to stay up.
We were in almost exactly the same.position this time last year.
ah ok so its onwards and upwards once again. I hope they stay up.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Owl and Merse will be happy this morning with Villa’s comeback.

Owl must be particularly proud that a Sheffield team is going so well :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Owl and Merse will be happy this morning with Villa’s comeback.

Owl must be particularly proud that a Sheffield team is going so well :wink:
Would have been better if Villa did an AU and win 4-3.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

This is what you get for being honest.

Leeds have been fined £200,000 and given a severe reprimand by the English Football League after their investigation into spying.
The Sky Bet Championship promotion chasers had been under the spotlight after boss Marcelo Bielsa admitting to sending someone to spy on Derby.
A member of his staff was caught at the Rams' training ground ahead of their match last month, which Leeds won 2-0.
The club admitted a breach of Regulation 3.4 which states: "In all matters and transactions relating to the League, each club shall behave towards each other club and The League with the utmost good faith."
EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey said: "The sanctions imposed highlight how actions such as this cannot be condoned and act as a clear deterrent should any club seek to undertake poor conduct in the future.
"I would like to thank Leeds United for their assistance in helping to bring this matter to a conclusion as quickly as was practically possible.
"The facts of this particular case were not ones we would have expected - and have to deal with a complaint about - and it is clearly impossible to have a specific set of regulations that will apply in all circumstances of poor conduct, so, this charge was brought under a general regulation.
"In doing this, the EFL has demonstrated we have appropriate provisions in place to protect our competitions and apply to all clubs."
A new rule is also set to be introduced which will prohibit teams from viewing opposition training in the 72 hours immediately prior to a fixture, unless invited to do so.
Harvey added: "We will now look to move on from this incident and commence the discussions about introducing a specific regulation at a meeting with all clubs later this month."
Bielsa admitted Leeds had spied on all their opponents this season but remained adamant no specific rules were broken.
He also gave a detailed 70-minute briefing to the media to outline how he scouts and prepares against opposition.
It was met with a sceptical response from many rivals, including Derby boss Frank Lampard, who said such analysis was commonplace.
A statement from the Football Association read: "The FA has on this occasion decided to conclude this matter by issuing formal warnings against Leeds United FC, Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa and a club video analyst.
"Notwithstanding The FA's decision on this occasion, The FA will take appropriate action should further evidence of this nature come to light in the future."
Having escaped a points deduction, Leeds are third in the Sky Bet Championship, two points behind leaders Norwich.
A club statement said: "We accept that whilst we have not broken any specific rule, we have fallen short of the standard expected by the EFL with regards to regulation 3.4.
"We apologise for acting in a way that has been judged culturally unacceptable in the English game and would like to thank Shaun Harvey and the EFL for the manner in which they conducted their investigations.
"Our focus can now return to matters on the field."

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

There would have been a lot of unhappy campers if points were deducted for this.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

[quote="eagleboy"]This is what you get for being honest. [\quote]

When were they honest?
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

eagleboy wrote:This is what you get for being honest. [\ quote]

When were they honest?
boss Marcelo Bielsa admitting to sending someone to spy on Derby.

Honest or stupid :shock:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote:

It's mot honesty to admit something you've been caught doing. I wouldn't call a bank robber who pleads guilty honest. Would you?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

eagleboy wrote:

It's mot honesty to admit something you've been caught doing. I wouldn't call a bank robber who pleads guilty honest. Would you?
comparing him to a bank robber. What he said in earlier statements that what he done was commonplace in leagues that he has been in.
I am sure this is not the first occurrence of it in Britain. I also think its stupid for professional teams like Derby to allow their critical training drills to be open to anyone.