World Cup 2018

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: World Cup 2018

Post by Victoria's Secret »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:Unlike you GIAE :wink:
Are you saying I'm not world class or that I'm not on the turps?
neither - but i was stirring NOC up.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Wow, worked a treat, I could hardly contain myself. 8)

You need better material, like Liverpool need better midfielders, like Coutinho :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
OK, because both are untrue

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:

You need better material, like Liverpool need better midfielders, like Coutinho :wink:
it was hardly a great joke, but i do think Henderson will start.
We have just signed a guy who is Fab and Keita is coming. maybe Fekir too. We seem to be progressing.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

We have just signed a guy who is Fab and Keita is coming. maybe Fekir too. We seem to be progressing.
If it was a toss up between Dier and Hendo for the 6 spot, I think I'd choose Dier, at least against the theoretically weaker teams. Not because I'm a Spurs fan, or even that I think there's much between them, just that he's used to playing with Walker, Trippier, Rose & Alli, then maybe play both of them against Belgium?
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

If it was a toss up between Dier and Hendo for the 6 spot, I think I'd choose Dier, at least against the theoretically weaker teams. Not because I'm a Spurs fan, or even that I think there's much between them, just that he's used to playing with Walker, Trippier, Rose & Alli, then maybe play both of them against Belgium?
But we ant to win the WC....or at least get to the final.,,

Banter aside, the team that starts the first game will be quite different from later on, it always happens that way.

I didn't think England played that well overall v Nigeria so a bit of tinkering is needed. Kane needed more service. he scored (good strike but should have been stopped),but other than that he was non existent.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Sane couldn't make the German WC squad but would into England starting XI.
No he wouldn’t, are you on the turps?
No I will leave that drink to you.

Sane better than Lingaard .
Last edited by ozzie owl on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

are you still on the turps?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:are you still on the turps?
No leave that to you.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

My "source" has the starting line up for game one as:

Pickford
Stones
Dier
Maguire
Walker
Lingard
Henderson
Rose
Vardy
Kane
Sterling

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:My "source" has the starting line up for game one as:

Pickford
Stones
Dier
Maguire
Walker
Lingard
Henderson
Rose
Vardy
Kane
Sterling
I'll wait until I hear from Old Master's source/s before I will consider as fact. :)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:My "source" has the starting line up for game one as:

Pickford
Stones
Dier
Maguire
Walker
Lingard
Henderson
Rose
Vardy
Kane
Sterling
I'll wait until I hear from Old Master's source/s before I will consider as fact. :)
Did I mention that I used to be a professional footballer, I played in Europe at one point as well? Whoever you name, he was my best mate. Is that better?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:

Pickford
Stones
Dier
Maguire
Walker
Lingard
Henderson
Rose
Vardy
Kane
Sterling
Did I mention that I used to be a professional footballer, I played in Europe at one point as well? Whoever you name, he was my best mate. Is that better?
Much better, thank you :)
Ignore this signature

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
magicfootball1 wrote:
just a fact. Not a complex. Until England have more English players in the EPL and fewer foreigners it won't happen. please don't get personal
So when was the last time England got into a final in the world cup? been a long time.
Please explain how the foreigners effect the English team? Are the best 23 available English players at the WC? Yes. So where is your logic?
Maybe the best, the best physical or the best technical or the best mouthy? the quality and level are not there yet and things need to change, the foreign part is a small tip of the iceberg but does have an effect - see below

maybe look into Germany's policy with how they became consistent WC qualifiers? they limited the numbers of foreign players and developed they're younger youth into the league.( transforming the pool of quality to pick from, YES ?) please research it.

England suffers also from attitudinal dysfunctionality (namely they seem to think coz they invented the game they will do well in it and haven't changed with the times) they keep developing the same old style and same old players and politics keep restricting the team from ever getting past first base. to highlight this, Italy just went through this with their belligerent attitude of playing a defensive style and lead into the WC qualifiers and not showing their hand etc... plus, not playing certain players due to the coach or committee not liking certain players during the year. its crazy, yes, but this function has finally caught up to that country and maybe a shakeup will see a different WC qualifier ( next time ), apart from this England dont produce the quality needed to go all the way and until this is changed at the youth level i cant see them getting over the line.
Im an Aussie BTW and don't have a personal vendetta against England, just that i think "they" as a country need a significant change to what they have been doing and how they are selecting coaches and players. i believe many supporters see this too and thats why over the last few world cups we have had some strong feedback ( as such)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

magicfootball1 wrote:England suffers also from attitudinal dysfunctionality (namely they seem to think coz they invented the game they will do well in it and haven't changed with the times)
How much dealings have you had with English football?
I assume by this that you have spent a few years there involved in the game.

The reason I ask this is because I think it's absolute crap. most English people I know do not think we will be do very well. In fact the last time England really expected anything was 2002.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

You do realise that Germany is trying to get the best of the English youth? And only just over half their squad is from the Bundelsliga, which is inferior to the EPL. Their best players leave or play for Munich.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

magicfootball1 wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
magicfootball1 wrote:
just a fact. Not a complex. Until England have more English players in the EPL and fewer foreigners it won't happen. please don't get personal
So when was the last time England got into a final in the world cup? been a long time.
Please explain how the foreigners effect the English team? Are the best 23 available English players at the WC? Yes. So where is your logic?
Maybe the best, the best physical or the best technical or the best mouthy? the quality and level are not there yet and things need to change, the foreign part is a small tip of the iceberg but does have an effect - see below

maybe look into Germany's policy with how they became consistent WC qualifiers? they limited the numbers of foreign players and developed they're younger youth into the league.( transforming the pool of quality to pick from, YES ?) please research it.

England suffers also from attitudinal dysfunctionality (namely they seem to think coz they invented the game they will do well in it and haven't changed with the times) they keep developing the same old style and same old players and politics keep restricting the team from ever getting past first base. to highlight this, Italy just went through this with their belligerent attitude of playing a defensive style and lead into the WC qualifiers and not showing their hand etc... plus, not playing certain players due to the coach or committee not liking certain players during the year. its crazy, yes, but this function has finally caught up to that country and maybe a shakeup will see a different WC qualifier ( next time ), apart from this England dont produce the quality needed to go all the way and until this is changed at the youth level i cant see them getting over the line.
Im an Aussie BTW and don't have a personal vendetta against England, just that i think "they" as a country need a significant change to what they have been doing and how they are selecting coaches and players. i believe many supporters see this too and thats why over the last few world cups we have had some strong feedback ( as such)
Are you saying that if the English FA revamp the league clubs’ youth academy structure so it’s at a world class level, implements home grown policies and starts to invest heavily in coaching and facilities plus devise a strategic, cohesive development plan for international tournaments throughout the various England teams then results might start to show? Beginning with say, World Under 17s & U20s titles and maybe even European U19s to eventually pay off with the big one. They’ll never go for it.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

N51B you have more chance of winning lotto than that happening.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:N51B you have more chance of winning lotto than that happening.
You do realise it has happened :clown:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
:lol:

I can't believe he jumped in on that one. :lol:

Maximum max
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Maximum max »

who will be in Moscow at the World Championships? I have been there once and I can't wait to be back. my friend advised me a men's club with a Russian show. beautiful girls and delicious cuisine. Called LeRogue Cabaret!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
:lol:

I can't believe he jumped in on that one. :lol:
He never misses a chance to rubbish everything English, but this time he was a bit premature. :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Russia were not great but SA were very poor I think I have seen better centre backs in SL1 especially the no3 for SA OMG :shock:

The last 2 goals by Russia in extra time were very good though. :wink:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Mr Red wrote:Russia were not great but SA were very poor I think I have seen better centre backs in SL1 especially the no3 for SA OMG :shock:

The last 2 goals by Russia in extra time were very good though. :wink:
The executioner will be sharpening his sword back home :lol:

Russia are nowhere in the official World rankings and it just shows the level of the AFC for me. However, I do think that Australia are more physical and although I can't see them scoring heaps, they generally defend better than that, so hopefully they can keep the goals against down to one, so they at least have a fighting chance in games.
Danny Blanchflower

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Maximum max wrote:who will be in Moscow at the World Championships? I have been there once and I can't wait to be back. my friend advised me a men's club with a Russian show. beautiful girls and delicious cuisine. Called LeRogue Cabaret!
Are you Dickie Knee in disguise?
Time for some righteous indignation

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Stitch This wrote:
Maximum max wrote:who will be in Moscow at the World Championships? I have been there once and I can't wait to be back. my friend advised me a men's club with a Russian show. beautiful girls and delicious cuisine. Called LeRogue Cabaret!
Dickie wouldn't call them the World Championships.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Slinky_Pete wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
What is basketball normally reffered to as?

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Portugal V Spain 4AM
Uruguay V Egypt 10PM
Iran V Morocco 1AM

Over night games - all should be closer games compared to last nights game

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I'll punt as follows:
Portugal V Spain 1-1
Uruguay V Egypt 1-2
Iran V Morocco 0-1
Ignore this signature

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
Excellent point El Slinko
Time for some righteous indignation