The Thread With No Name

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The Thread With No Name

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Have unsurprisingly retained EPL rights, they are offering to non Optus customers at $14.99 a month.
Last edited by Victoria's Secret on Fri May 25, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Optus

Post by Con M »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:Have unsurprisingly retained EPL rights, they are offering to non Optus customers at $14.99 a month.
IMO the octopus-like tentacles of Optus have been bad for nearly making live games to Australia of the EPL nearly invisible.

How many pubs have it? I can only think of one - The Arkaba. Certainly not the pokie-baron pubs like The Alma and The Bath in the eastern ‘burbs.

I’ve subscribed with these inglorious Optus bas-turds by getting a fairly reasonable mobile deal for the missus & me, but I can name even some big names in the Adelaide soccer-football community who haven’t got it to watch EPL.

And now this Singaporean conglomerate has also got the majority of the Russian World Cup games after SBS has been featuring this ratings-winner month since the 1990 World Cup in Italia.

I hope they cop a $10,000,000 fine like the Telstra bas-turds recently copped for illegally charging customers for unwanted “content” fees.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Con M wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:Have unsurprisingly retained EPL rights, they are offering to non Optus customers at $14.99 a month.
IMO the octopus-like tentacles of Optus have been bad for nearly making live games to Australia of the EPL nearly invisible.

How many pubs have it? I can only think of one - The Arkaba. Certainly not the pokie-baron pubs like The Alma and The Bath in the eastern ‘burbs.

I’ve subscribed with these inglorious Optus bas-turds by getting a fairly reasonable mobile deal for the missus & me, but I can name even some big names in the Adelaide soccer-football community who haven’t got it to watch EPL.

And now this Singaporean conglomerate has also got the majority of the Russian World Cup games after SBS has been featuring this ratings-winner month since the 1990 World Cup in Italia.

I hope they cop a $10,000,000 fine like the Telstra bas-turds recently copped for illegally charging customers for unwanted “content” fees.
are you ever happy with anything?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

I wonder if Optus will bid for other sports such as AFL and cricket down the track.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

This will upset Con M as no guarantee EPL will be on SBS under the new three year agreement.

http://www.afr.com/technology/web/optus ... 430-h0zgss

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:
I wonder if Optus will bid for other sports such as AFL and cricket down the track.
I reckon they will focus on one sport for a while. Cricket has just gone to Foxtel, Tennis moved to Nine, I doubt sports will want to keep moving - but obviously money does talk.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
I reckon they will focus on one sport for a while. Cricket has just gone to Foxtel, Tennis moved to Nine, I doubt sports will want to keep moving - but obviously money does talk.
Have to admit the quality of the shows on Optus is brilliant , although I only tend to watch the highlight shows and the early kick off games.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:
Have to admit the quality of the shows on Optus is brilliant , although I only tend to watch the highlight shows and the early kick off games.
This is what is so good, I only really watch the games and at some point the goals. There is something for everyone.
Obviously OPTUS have set the standard so if they lose the rights Foxtel would offer the same or more.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Some of the shows on Optus sports aren’t that bad occasionally. Thought that Kelly Cates who’s often on with Ian Wright was a decent sort until I recently sussed who her old man is. It’s very disconcerting now I can see she even looks like him.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Optus is great. Wake up switch it on and watch all the highlights. It's like having Match of the Day on call.

predrag
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by predrag »

EPL on Optus is great,just wish my suburb got NBN so that the picture stops freezing.Reseting the modem to get speed is getting on my nerves already.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

That's not your picture freezing, that's ozil trying to make a forward pass

IlGino
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by IlGino »

Hi guys,
I have a collection of football DVD's stretching back for a long time including every match from the last 6 world cups. Obviously in the past every world cup match has been on SBS and I have been able to record onto DVD each match. I am going to have to hook into Optus for this world cup, does anyone have a way of recording/downloading the stream of Optus sports so I could keep each match on hard drive or disk? Would love any ideas.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

IlGino wrote:Hi guys,
I have a collection of football DVD's stretching back for a long time including every match from the last 6 world cups. Obviously in the past every world cup match has been on SBS and I have been able to record onto DVD each match. I am going to have to hook into Optus for this world cup, does anyone have a way of recording/downloading the stream of Optus sports so I could keep each match on hard drive or disk? Would love any ideas.
Get Fetch TV

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Optus seriously considerignj bidding for Australian TV rights to the UEFA Champions League.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/opt ... eal-490798

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Get Fetch TV
That's what I shout at my dog !!!
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

swannsong wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Get Fetch TV
That's what I shout at my dog !!![/ quote]

Is your dog hard of hearing?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Optus announced schedule for pre- WC warm friendlies.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/opt ... ies-490998

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

ozzie owl wrote:This will upset Con M as no guarantee EPL will be on SBS under the new three year agreement.

http://www.afr.com/technology/web/optus ... 430-h0zgss
Sorry for belated reply, ozzie owl. Yep, no doubt - quality presentation and top commentators from Britain on Optus. I am enjoying it, but I’m allowed to feel sorry for majority who haven’t got access, aren’t I?

Like Slater said, the high quality EPL with its concentration of stars from all over the a World has become virtually invisible in Australia, which is sad.

As for the World Cup, for years since 1990 the majority have enjoyed the 4-yearly World Cup festival on free-to-air SBS. And yes, it is the way of the World now that everybody has to pay and pay.

That’s why it’s bewildering, but not surprising, that the proven ageist & previously banned forumite “New Name Not Needed” has had a personal dig at me in this thread.

Is he taking the “I’m-alright-Jack-and-stuff-everybody-else” approach, or is he an apologist for those pokie-baron crying-poor, pro-AFL pubs who won’t invest in Optus telecasts of EPL & World Cup games so relatives and friends can flock to their establishments for a night out to enjoy high-quality football?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Con, far more people have access to Optus than Foxtel. Something like 6m subscribe. Foxtel is shy of 3m. Not all Foxtel subscribers have sport and not all Optus have 'Free' Optus Sport of course.

And where have I had a go at you? I asked you a question - which you haven't answered.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Luckily I have an old friend who is something of a tech wizard and has figured out a way to copy EPL games to DVD and drops them off to me every week so I can watch every game in full.

I don't know what I'd do otherwise as I'm not prepared to keep chopping and changing from one lot to another and paying for crap I'm not remotely interested in.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:Luckily I have an old friend who is something of a tech wizard and has figured out a way to copy EPL games to DVD and drops them off to me every week so I can watch every game in full.

I don't know what I'd do otherwise as I'm not prepared to keep chopping and changing from one lot to another and paying for crap I'm not remotely interested in.
Well he wasn't going to be a young friend was he.

Optus Sport has EPL. So if you are interested in football then football is all that you get.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:Luckily I have an old friend who is something of a tech wizard and has figured out a way to copy EPL games to DVD and drops them off to me every week so I can watch every game in full.

Well he wasn't going to be a young friend was he.

Optus Sport has EPL. So if you are interested in football then football is all that you get.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Welcome back. I assume you were AWOL trying to get a role with the Marshall govt?
Why doesn't your mate just give you one of his logons, then you don't need multiple DVDS each week.
Also I can categorically say he hasn't done as you stated, as not all games are on catch up, but I get that he could have given most to you.
And I may be wrong, but Fetch (Optus) doesn't have anything Foxtel doesn't except Optus Sport - and how will you watch the WC in full?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

^^^^^

Change of user name?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Yep, this one is more appropriate for now.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:Yep, this one is more appropriate for now.
Wot!? Say it isn’t so, New Name Not Needed. You’re not barracking for La France on Saturday 16 June at 7.30 pm against the Country you live in (Australia). Sacre Bleu!
Last edited by Con M on Sat May 19, 2018 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Con M wrote:
Wot!? Say it isn’t so, New Name Not Needed. You’re not barracking for La France on Saturday 16 June at 7.30 pm against the Country you live in (Australia). Sacred Bleu!
Don't worry Con it's a new song sung by LFC supporters.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Wot!? Say it isn’t so, New Name Not Needed. You’re not barracking for La France on Saturday 16 June at 7.30 pm against the Country you live in (Australia). Sacre Bleu!