The Thread With No Name

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Optus

Post by Victoria's Secret »

ozzie owl wrote:
Con M wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:Yep, this one is more appropriate for now.
Wot!? Say it isn’t so, New Name Not Needed. You’re not barracking for La France on Saturday 16 June at 7.30 pm against the Country you live in (Australia). Sacred Bleu!
Don't worry Con it's a new song sung by LFC supporters.
Indeed it is.

https://youtu.be/zh7jAq4niC0

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

There's a few versions of that going round. I like the pub version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmKRzMYVAaI

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote:There's a few versions of that going round. I like the pub version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmKRzMYVAaI
Not sure how you have any knowledge of lyrics regarding European victories. jealously is a curse. Maybe you and NOC should have your own thread to talk about regular failed European campaigns. :wink:

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Two Euro trophies thanks (not including Emirates cup trophies). But we prize domestic honours foremost, do you remember those?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote:Two Euro trophies thanks (not including Emirates cup trophies). But we prize domestic honours foremost, do you remember those?
If you remember Euro trophies how wouldn’t I remember doemstic ones? Also Boca juniors and New York show it’s not a Euro kickabout. #keeptrying

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Old Master wrote:Luckily I have an old friend who is something of a tech wizard and has figured out a way to copy EPL games to DVD and drops them off to me every week so I can watch every game in full.

I don't know what I'd do otherwise as I'm not prepared to keep chopping and changing from one lot to another and paying for crap I'm not remotely interested in.
Welcome back. I assume you were AWOL trying to get a role with the Marshall govt?
Why doesn't your mate just give you one of his logons, then you don't need multiple DVDS each week.
Also I can categorically say he hasn't done as you stated, as not all games are on catch up, but I get that he could have given most to you.
And I may be wrong, but Fetch (Optus) doesn't have anything Foxtel doesn't except Optus Sport - and how will you watch the WC in full?

My Wife has been very sick for your information and even I have more in my life than Football - it's called Family, Love and Duty, words clearly not familiar to you and your ilk.

I don't get much in the way of Internet speed, as I've stated before and even NBN isn't much faster according to a couple of neighbours, so what he gives me is every EPL match plus my Championship team's matches and coverage of any of my League One team's matches, which is rarely broadcast.

We then catch up for Lunch once a week with other friends and discuss the matches, offer our ideas and critiques that another of the group posts on a Blog from a UK site.

My friend has access to quite a few O/S broadcasts so he makes up for what Aussie broadcasters don't show.
He has a room with walls lined with TV sets and DVD recorders showing games from all over the world that he gets with a collection of aerials and dishes on his roof and distributes them to those of his friends who prefer other leagues, very, very clever guy and only 45. :shock: Fancy me being his friend. 8)

He's 'retired' with more than enough money from inventions he's sold to keep him happy and spends his time helping out other people he's known and respected over his life and also invests a lot of time and money into social programs, like the Homeless.

He also still fiddles around with new technology and is currently working on a new way of harnessing solar energy and storing it that should be much cheaper and more efficient than any on the market today.
Wait for the News to break on that one.

Despite your derisory comments Mr Chameleon Name, every word I have said is true, as usual, it is just you being a Luddite that is the problem.
Not all of us become senile and lose their marbles as they age, many of us, including myself continue to seek out new interests and friends of all ages.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Spoiler Alert
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spoiler Alert »

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Me a Luddite?

Also multiple aerials? In Australia arials are only for FTA tv, multiple aerials are not beneficial to anything. as for multiple satellite dishes? He is not very bright as a motorised one would do.

Also, any tech savvy person can stream whatever games they want.

I am not certain I believe all you have written - sorry.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

As a luddite I refuse to use this new technology. Instead I get my mate to bring round DVD's of the game.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:As a luddite I refuse to use this new technology. Instead I get my mate to bring round DVD's of the game.
Needs to be copied to Betamax before OM can watch it :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Spoiler Alert wrote:Image

So that's what you look like. :oops:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:Me a Luddite?

Also multiple aerials? In Australia arials are only for FTA tv, multiple aerials are not beneficial to anything. as for multiple satellite dishes? He is not very bright as a motorised one would do.

As usual, you jumped to the wrong conclusion again, he's an electronics expert and uses the various aerials, satellite discs, etc for various purposes known usually only by experts.
As a Layman you would have no understanding of what he uses them for, nor do I.
Being 'tech-savvy' means you can keep up with the latest trends - he's the sort of person who makes those trends possible.
He also has a bank of computers - even one of those reel to reel types that you see in science programs.

For once in your miserable existence try and think things through before you press the 'Criticism' or 'Derision' buttons.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Old Master wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:Me a Luddite?

As usual, you jumped to the wrong conclusion again, he's an electronics expert and uses the various aerials, satellite discs, etc for various purposes known usually only by experts.
As a Layman you would have no understanding of what he uses them for, nor do I.
Being 'tech-savvy' means you can keep up with the latest trends - he's the sort of person who makes those trends possible.
He also has a bank of computers - even one of those reel to reel types that you see in science programs.

For once in your miserable existence try and think things through before you press the 'Criticism' or 'Derision' buttons.
hahhahahhahhaha I like to think I am an expert with technology, but does 25 years of experience not count? you do realise IPTV (which I don't have but know about) does do all he wants with one PC, no dishes, no aerials, and one monitor? I can educate him if you wish.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:Being 'tech-savvy' means you can keep up with the latest trends - he's the sort of person who makes those trends possible.
:lol:

So your "mate" is the cutting edge of technology in computers and lives just round the corner from you in adelaide. :lol:

He's so up with technology that he uses a "tape reel" :lol:

You do make me laugh

Jellyfish Haircut
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Jellyfish Haircut »

THE ORAKLE wrote:my days as a missionary for this forum are now over. :|

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I geuinely think this is the best thread I have been involved in on here.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Laugh all you like but I get to watch Football from wherever I like just by giving my friend a 'phone call.

I also get access to information on coming scientific discoveries not available in the gutter presses you read.

As such I am able to invest in 'start-up' companies knowing whether they stand a chance of succeeding, it has made me quite a pile in the last twelve months or so.

You, simpletons, do not understand that there are far more things in this world than you could ever conceive of in your tiny, narrow little minds and that there are people who do have access to programs and information you have no understanding of.

I almost pity you but that would be a waste of time as you are too ignorant to even know why you should be pitied. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I showed my friend your comments last night when he called round with some videos of the Socceroos, France and Peru in training and was gobsmacked at the level of ignorance you all demonstrate, he had tears running down his cheeks laughing at Allez x 3's comments and wondered how someone so sad ever got to be Liverpool's 'Supporter in Chief'. :lol: :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:Laugh all you like but I get to watch Football from wherever I like just by giving my friend a 'phone call.

I get to do the same by switching on my laptop

I also get access to information on coming scientific discoveries not available in the gutter presses you read.
I get to do the same by switching on my laptop

You, simpletons, do not understand that there are far more things in this world than you could ever conceive of in your tiny, narrow little minds and that there are people who do have access to programs and information you have no understanding of.
I get the same by switching on my laptop

I almost pity you but that would be a waste of time as you are too ignorant to even know why you should be pitied. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I showed my friend your comments last night when he called round with some videos of the Socceroos, France and Peru in training and was gobsmacked at the level of ignorance you all demonstrate, he had tears running down his cheeks laughing at Allez x 3's comments and wondered how someone so sad ever got to be Liverpool's 'Supporter in Chief'. :lol: :lol:
I get the same by switching on my laptop
I wonder if this friend even exists. If he does, is he having a joke with you or is as clueless as you?

Can your mate record the test match that's on tonight. Oh wait don't worry, I'll just wait for it

SWITCH ON MY LAPTOP.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I am not religious but god help me. This gets funnier and funnier.

You have no idea what I understand and do not understand BTW

I don't need to phone a friend to watch whatever football I want, I just go to a computer and fire up a browser. Or watch on TV.
Ask your mate to get you the John Barnes program, that was on on Saturday night...we can then discuss that over a coffee...or the Mo Salah one that I watched when i got home from work yesterday.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:I am not religious but god help me. This gets funnier and funnier.

I don't need to phone a friend to watch whatever football I want, I just go to a computer and fire up a browser. Or watch on TV.
Ask your mate to get you the John Barnes program, that was on on Saturday night...we can then discuss that over a coffee...or the Mo Salah one that I watched when i got home from work yesterday.

You still fail to grasp what this was all about when it started - I have got terrible internet speeds and even the NBN is as slow as Australia Post in this area, so I have to rely on getting up to date stuff from a mate who can readily access the things I need.

It also helps that he a world-class tech and science geek as well as a Football supporter, who has made squillions from inventions and apps and other stuff and he gives me tips that aid my investments.

And despite your ridicule, he gets a lot of stuff from his aerials & other stuff and that is well beyond your limited capabilities to even begin to understand.

At least we may have one thing in common, not believing in God, at least the multiple religious ideas of one anyway.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:I am not religious but god help me. This gets funnier and funnier.

You still fail to grasp what this was all about when it started - I have got terrible internet speeds and even the NBN is as slow as Australia Post in this area, so I have to rely on getting up to date stuff from a mate who can readily access the things I need.

It also helps that he a world-class tech and science geek as well as a Football supporter, who has made squillions from inventions and apps and other stuff and he gives me tips that aid my investments.

And despite your ridicule, he gets a lot of stuff from his aerials & other stuff and that is well beyond your limited capabilities to even begin to understand.

At least we may have one thing in common, not believing in God, at least the multiple religious ideas of one anyway.
Did you take the red pill instead of the blue one today?

Keep it up, this is brilliant.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

He has made squillions mmmmm
Your neighbour makes money from apps etc so must have good internet speeds but you can't?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Allez Allez Allez wrote:He has made squillions mmmmm
Your neighbour makes money from apps etc so must have good internet speeds but you can't?
He's an expert, he probably has his own special lines that he invented himself. I think he may have even invented the internet, he runs it out of his basement.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote:
He's an expert, he probably has his own special lines that he invented himself. I think he may have even invented the internet, he runs it out of his basement.
Wifi was invented in Adelaide so it is possible it's the same guy.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Wifi was invented in Adelaide so it is possible it's the same guy.
He would have made squiullions. Certainly enough to not bother living in adelaide anyway.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Very true. I am just surprised there is no mention of this self made squillionaire anywhere.

Abenomics
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Abenomics »

old master has to be on a wind up. There's no way any sane person would consider what he has written to be true. Oh wait, I said sane. Carry on guys. It's an enjoyable read.
I love commercial whaling

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Abenomics wrote:old master has to be on a wind up. There's no way any sane person would consider what he has written to be true. Oh wait, I said sane. Carry on guys. It's an enjoyable read.
Me, GIAE and OM are writing this comedy on the fly, we do hope you are all getting entertained.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Abenomics wrote:old master has to be on a wind up. There's no way any sane person would consider what he has written to be true. Oh wait, I said sane. Carry on guys. It's an enjoyable read.
Me, GIAE and OM are writing this comedy on the fly, we do hope you are all getting entertained.
British comedy on-line. Forget the Optus title, I'd name this 'show' "EGO is not a dirty word". :wink:
Ignore this signature

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Bomber wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
British comedy on-line. Forget the Optus title, I'd name this 'show' "EGO is not a dirty word". :wink: