The Thread With No Name

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Abenomics
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Optus

Post by Abenomics »

As the OP Allez Allez Allez could rename the thread quite easily.
I love commercial whaling

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Abenomics wrote:As the OP Allez Allez Allez could rename the thread quite easily.
:D

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Abenomics wrote:As the OP Allez Allez Allez could rename the thread quite easily.
I bet you a tanner he could !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

swannsong wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:
I bet you a tanner he could !
AAA is more of a thrupenny bit :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Abenomics
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: The Thread With No Name

Post by Abenomics »

Let's not argue about this. We want no more controversy.
I love commercial whaling

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
AAA is more of a thrupenny bit :wink:
Better than being worthless ...hey NOC?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:He has made squillions mmmmm
Your neighbour makes money from apps etc so must have good internet speeds but you can't?
He's an expert, he probably has his own special lines that he invented himself. I think he may have even invented the internet, he runs it out of his basement.

As usual, you fools get things wrong all the time, because you don't read what is written, you only think what you might have read and then believe that to be true.

At no point did I say my friend was a neighbour - he lives fairly close, about fifteen minutes by car, but is in no way in my neighbourhood.

All the aerials and satellite discs are for purposes other than the internet or TV, I don't know what most of them are for because he is very secretive about them, but I know a couple of them are for space research purposes, as I've seen them in action.

As I've said before, there are more things going on in the world than your tiny closed minds could ever imagine, so do some research before simply condemning what others say all time.

Open your Minds to the Real World.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

About time. I was waiting for the next episode! :)
Ignore this signature

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I don't get much in the way of Internet speed, as I've stated before and even NBN isn't much faster according to a couple of neighbours, so what he gives me is every EPL match plus my Championship team's matches and coverage of any of my League One team's matches, which is rarely broadcast.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:He has made squillions mmmmm
Your neighbour makes money from apps etc so must have good internet speeds but you can't?
He's an expert, he probably has his own special lines that he invented himself. I think he may have even invented the internet, he runs it out of his basement.

As usual, you fools get things wrong all the time, because you don't read what is written, you only think what you might have read and then believe that to be true.

At no point did I say my friend was a neighbour - he lives fairly close, about fifteen minutes by car, but is in no way in my neighbourhood.

All the aerials and satellite discs are for purposes other than the internet or TV, I don't know what most of them are for because he is very secretive about them, but I know a couple of them are for space research purposes, as I've seen them in action.

As I've said before, there are more things going on in the world than your tiny closed minds could ever imagine, so do some research before simply condemning what others say all time.

So he has "secret" aerials and satellites, is his name Bond, James Bond.

With all his knowledge had he considered just putting all these games onto a USB stick for you?

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Old Master wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: He's an expert, he probably has his own special lines that he invented himself. I think he may have even invented the internet, he runs it out of his basement.

So he has "secret" aerials and satellites, is his name Bond, James Bond.

With all his knowledge had he considered just putting all these games onto a USB stick for you?
Wasn't Q the gadget man?
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Good point, Q would make more sense.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

i am assuming these are better than 4k, even though 4k is the highest they are broadcast in to us mere plebs, so each game would be too big for a USB. I am not sure what a 4k match takes up space wise.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I'm surprised that the technology thread doesn't get used more often.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
i am assuming these are better than 4k, even though 4k is the highest they are broadcast in to us mere plebs, so each game would be too big for a USB. I am not sure what a 4k match takes up space wise.
Ask your mate to explain it to you

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:I asked you a question - which you haven't answered.
Hell, sorry New Name Needed. I realized I hadn’t answered your sarcastic question about whether I’m EVER happy.

I didn’t think you’d be interested that I’m generally happy with my health (football injuries not withstanding). I’m happy with my job. I’m very happy with my family’s good health. And I’m happy watching good football locally, nationally, in the EPL & internationally.

But, you proven ageist & previously banned forumite, I’m not that happy with some of your transgressions and assumptions on this site in recent months & years. I might have to list some of them if I find time.

In the meantime, some questions for you:

did you hear about Optus’s faarkup last night telecasting a World Cup game?

Did you hear about Optus’s fine in the Victorian Supreme Court?

Do you have shares in the Singaporean-Government-owned Optus?

As a relatively Johnny-come-lately to these shores, do you know the history of how the general population have watched all World Cup games on free-to-air SBS since Italia 1990 (except during Channel 9’s delayed telecast faark-ups in 2002)?

And finally, can you understand you’re giving the perception of an “I’m-alright-Jack-and-faark-the-rest” attitude?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Con M wrote:
Hell, sorry New Name Needed. I realized I hadn’t answered your sarcastic question about whether I’m EVER happy.

I didn’t think you’d be interested that I’m generally happy with my health (football injuries not withstanding). I’m happy with my job. I’m very happy with my family’s good health. And I’m happy watching good football locally, nationally, in the EPL & internationally.

But, you proven ageist & previously banned forumite, I’m not that happy with some of your transgressions and assumptions on this site in recent months & years. I might have to list some of them if I find time.

did you hear about Optus’s faarkup last night telecasting a World Cup game? YES

Did you hear about Optus’s fine in the Victorian Supreme Court? YES

Do you have shares in the Singaporean-Government-owned Optus? NO

As a relatively Johnny-come-lately to these shores, do you know the history of how the general population have watched all World Cup games on free-to-air SBS since Italia 1990 (except during Channel 9’s delayed telecast faark-ups in 2002)? PROGRESS WITH A FEW BUMPS - I GOT UP AT 8 AM and WATCHED LAST NIGHT'S GAMES - SBS HAD NEVER OFFERED THAT SERVICE

And finally, can you understand you’re giving the perception of an “I’m-alright-Jack-and-faark-the-rest” attitude? NO

See answers above

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Con M wrote:

did you hear about Optus’s faarkup last night telecasting a World Cup game? YES

Did you hear about Optus’s fine in the Victorian Supreme Court? YES

Do you have shares in the Singaporean-Government-owned Optus? NO

As a relatively Johnny-come-lately to these shores, do you know the history of how the general population have watched all World Cup games on free-to-air SBS since Italia 1990 (except during Channel 9’s delayed telecast faark-ups in 2002)? PROGRESS WITH A FEW BUMPS - I GOT UP AT 8 AM and WATCHED LAST NIGHT'S GAMES - SBS HAD NEVER OFFERED THAT SERVICE.

So what - when tired, some of us knew how to record direct telecasts, wake up, not check or answer phones to find out the score and watch/enjoy the game as if it was live...

And finally, can you understand you’re giving the perception of an “I’m-alright-Jack-and-faark-the-rest” attitude? NO
See answers above
Shite, sorry Allez or New Name Needed, I forgot a question - are you an apologist for the pokie-baron & cry-poor pubs like The Alma and The Bath who “can’t afford” to show Optus’s EPL games and ALL World Cup games?

Look, know this New Name Needed - I understand it’s “progress” and everybody has to pay and pay like I have, but in ye olde days Parliament brought in anti-siphoning laws for good reasons. A prestigious Tournament like this needed to be available to all the population, not based on how much they earned or how much technically-savvy they were. In previous World Cups it was easy - even those AFL/NRL fans with only a passing interest in soccer-football knew they could rely on good old SBS and just switch to that station and watch their Socceroos or their Country of heritage. Now it’s not so and more is the pity.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Con M wrote: Shite, sorry Allez or New Name Needed, I forgot a question - are you an apologist for the pokie-baron & cry-poor pubs like The Alma and The Bath who “can’t afford” to show Optus’s EPL games and ALL World Cup games? NO

Look, know this New Name Needed - I understand it’s “progress” and everybody has to pay and pay like I have, but in ye olde days Parliament brought in anti-siphoning laws for good reasons. A prestigious Tournament like this needed to be available to all the population, not based on how much they earned or how much technically-savvy they were. In previous World Cups it was easy - even those AFL/NRL fans with only a passing interest in soccer-football knew they could rely on good old SBS and just switch to that station and watch their Socceroos or their Country of heritage. Now it’s not so and more is the pity.

PAY TV gives us the A-league and another Pay Tv offering gives us all WC matches. In England not one EPL game is on FTA TV - think about it. FTA is history as we knew it.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Allez Allez Allez wrote:
Con M wrote: Shite, sorry Allez or New Name Needed, I forgot a question - are you an apologist for the pokie-baron & cry-poor pubs like The Alma and The Bath who “can’t afford” to show Optus’s EPL games and ALL World Cup games? NO

PAY TV gives us the A-league and another Pay Tv offering gives us all WC matches. In England not one EPL game is on FTA TV - think about it. FTA is history as we knew it.
Can’t believe it that I’m reluctantly agreeing with you - it is sadly history now.

ps last question for the moment: wot’s the idea of being reasonably civil this time with your answers?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Con M wrote:
Allez Allez Allez wrote:

Can’t believe it that I’m reluctantly agreeing with you - it is sadly history now.

ps last question for the moment: wot’s the idea of being reasonably civil this time with your answers?
I think I am always civil when answering questions.