Wizard of Oz (Rangers v Celtic)

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Wizard of Oz (Rangers v Celtic)

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Must praise Tom Rogic for his outstanding goal against Celtic's bitter rivals Rangers at Ibrox Park last Sunday and hope that he can manage to make an impact for Australia at the World Cup- will be a difficult task I fear. He was substituted not long after Celtic were reduced to 10 men for a deserved sending off of Simunovic in 57mins for an elbow in the face of Rangers' Morelos.
Rogic has struggled with injuries this season and tends to lack stamina at times but 'bhoy' he has a sweet left foot. Would imagine that Celtic will be forced to sell or even worse lose him on freedom of contract.
Rangers deserve a lot of credit for going for the jugular first half but were somewhat encouraged as early as the 3rd minute when Celtic's Boyata needlessly attempted to play a neat pass in defence when it was intercepted by Windass who went on to finish emphatically. Made for an enthralling game- defensive mistakes (it is Scotland after all) and some excellent finishing, particularly by Celtic. Game ended up Rangers 2 v Celtic 3 but in truth Rangers should have levelled when Morelos hit the inside of the post from 6 yards out in the last couple of minutes.
Strangely enough the game changer appeared to be the sending off (2-2 at the time) as Celtic became more compact and encouraged Rangers to come at them. Rather surprisingly Rangers could not create much and Celtic frustrated them, particularly when Edouard came on in 67 minutes to partner Dembelle up front. Barely two minutes had passed when the substitute scored a sublime winner.
All in all a pretty special day for a Celtic supporter, especially with ten men and against a much improved Rangers' side.
On that note if I were a Rangers' man (heaven forbid) I would be screaming to give Graeme Murty (temporary manager) a contract as he has shown more promise and stability than the previous two managers who were on big salaries (Mark Warburton and Pedro Caixinha respectively).

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Wizard of Oz (Rangers v Celtic)

Post by thebeautifulgame »

For those interested in seeing last week's game highlights please follow this link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5uUTfF6-xk

Union Jack
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Union Jack »

Better luck next time sevco.
To be sure, to be sure!
I want to you partake in some shenanigans

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Union Jack wrote:Better luck next time sevco.
Must be cold over there at celtic park. Forever in rangers shadow.

Mápó Tòfu
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mápó Tòfu »

I'm sure that first title will come one day.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

thebeautifulgame wrote: On that note if I were a Rangers' man (heaven forbid) I would be screaming to give Graeme Murty (temporary manager) a contract as he has shown more promise and stability than the previous two managers who were on big salaries (Mark Warburton and Pedro Caixinha respectively).
Rangers 0 Kilmarnock 1 over the weekend, might have a few people reconsidering their views?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Mápó Tòfu wrote:I'm sure that first title will come one day.
If it carries on like this, celtic may get close to as many as Rangers.

Mápó Tòfu
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mápó Tòfu »

True.