England to boycott Russia World Cup?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: England to boycott Russia World Cup?

Post by Victoria's Secret »

ozzie owl wrote:Watched the England v Italy game this morning and the 3-5-1-1 formation certainly suits the players he has at his disposal with Sterling the stand out player. I would think Ali would be under some pressure for a start with Lingaard and Sterling combination working well. Real surprise was Kyle Walker as one of three CB'c. Mind you lot more solid than Stones, who on this game showed why he cant start at Man City.
Can Sterling do it in the WC? It's easy against second tier oppoistion.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Watched the England v Italy game this morning and the 3-5-1-1 formation certainly suits the players he has at his disposal with Sterling the stand out player. I would think Ali would be under some pressure for a start with Lingaard and Sterling combination working well. Real surprise was Kyle Walker as one of three CB'c. Mind you lot more solid than Stones, who on this game showed why he cant start at Man City.
That question could be asked if any of the squad, but in a structure which appears to be based on counter attack his pace puts him ahead of others. From what I have seen he is a better player ( and still improving) since he left Liverpool.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:
That question could be asked if any of the squad, but in a structure which appears to be based on counter attack his pace puts him ahead of others. From what I have seen he is a better player ( and still improving) since he left Liverpool.
This year he is better, last few he wasn't. He is not fit to lace Salah's boots though.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Salah can't play for England .
Last edited by ozzie owl on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:Salah can't play England so what's your point ?
As relevant as Sterling playing well against Italy. Salah will be at the WC - Italy won't - they are not at a World class level.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
As relevant as Sterling playing well against Italy. Salah will be at the WC - Italy won't - they are not at a World class level.
Italy would beat Egypt.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

ozzie owl wrote:Salah can't play England .
Why can't he?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Italy would beat Egypt.
No way of really knowing, Italy aren't good enough to be in Russia, They are not currently World Class.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote:Australia saying they may boycott.
That’s just a beat-up in Lord Murdoch’s rag that Australia “may boycott”. Biatch Bishop followed up by saying it ain’t so.

She and Trumble should just copy your Theresa May who said no members of the Government or Royal Family will attend the World Cup. (In Australia’s case make that the Government & The Governor-General).

Your Theresa May knows she would face a revolt of the people if she made the England team boycott the Cup.

jadeger
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jadeger »

I am well acquainted with life in Russia, so I support the decision of England and other countries. For example, I do not want my birthday or stag party to arrange a freak. The World Cup is every four years and it's a shame when his fate is in the hands of a freak.

Nugget
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nugget »

jadeger wrote:I am well acquainted with life in Russia, so I support the decision of England and other countries. For example, I do not want my birthday or stag party to arrange a freak. The World Cup is every four years and it's a shame when his fate is in the hands of a freak.
:shock:

Nugget
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nugget »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Why can't he?
They are in the opposite sides of the draw. He is making the bold assumption that it will NOT be a England v Egypt WC Final. lol

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nugget wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Why can't he?
They are in the opposite sides of the draw. He is making the bold assumption that it will NOT be a England v Egypt WC Final. lol
Not seen the draw but it may happen before that.

Noodles
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Noodles »

Teams could be in either side of the draw depending on if they finish first or second. Welll, generally that's the case, although they made that impossible when the tournament was cohosted by South Korea and East Korea in 2002.

Nugget
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Nugget »

Noodles wrote:Teams could be in either side of the draw depending on if they finish first or second. Welll, generally that's the case, although they made that impossible when the tournament was cohosted by South Korea and East Korea in 2002.
Whoops, you're right, I read the draw wrong. I had assumed it had changed but its the same as usual according to their website. :)