Booking of Balotelli for reporting racist abuse

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Booking of Balotelli for reporting racist abuse

Post by Old Master »

Kick It Out slams 'unacceptable' booking of Balotelli for reporting racist abuse

Mario Balotelli's yellow card for reporting racist abuse to the referee has been labelled "unacceptable" by Kick It Out.
Source: Omnisport

13 Feb 2018 - 7:14 PM UPDATED YESTERDAY 7:14 PM

The organisation, which attempts to combat discriminatory behaviour, including racism, in English football, released a statement on Tuesday (AEDT) following Nice's 3-2 defeat to Dijon over the weekend.

Balotelli was cautioned in the 74th minute of that Ligue 1 encounter, with Nice claiming his punishment came after informing referee Nicolas Rainville of racist chants from Dijon fans.

"Mario Balotelli has inherited a yellow card, after... getting annoyed with racist insults from the public," read a tweet from Nice at the time, and Kick It Out called for action to be taken against the officials in question.

"Kick It Out was shocked to see Mario Balotelli booked for bringing to the attention of the referee alleged racist chanting directed towards him by Dijon supporters," a statement read.

"It is unacceptable and wrong to see that once again, a match official has failed to apply the UEFA protocol – in place for a number of years – which requires action to be taken to stop the game to deal with the offending abuse.

"Although Kick It Out's remit is within English football, the organisation has contacted anti-discrimination network Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE) to see what actions they will be taking in raising this with Ligue 1 officials.

"The organisation expects a strong response from the French football authorities in condemning both the alleged racist chanting from Dijon supporters and the failure of the referee to follow protocol to halt the behaviour, as well as the decision to compound Balotelli's experience as a victim by booking him for merely asking the match official to do his job."

Referee Nicolas Rainville must be a member of Football News. OM :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Booking of Balotelli for reporting racist abuse

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Are you insinuating that FN members approve of racism?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:Are you insinuating that FN members approve of racism?

Not at all, I'm merely pointing out that when I reported the historic and current incidences of racism towards Football in SA, by the SANFL, AFL, the SA Education department and the early Irish Catholic 'Establishment', I am the one who was and is called a Racist - Go Figure. :?:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

I think you have said things at times that are racist, you may not think they are, but they come across that way.

I don’t believe you are racist In Any way, but I don’t always agree with your views.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Old Master wrote:

Not at all, I'm merely pointing out that when I reported the historic and current incidences of racism towards Football in SA, by the SANFL, AFL, the SA Education department and the early Irish Catholic 'Establishment', I am the one who was and is called a Racist - Go Figure. :?:
You know the SANFL, AFL, the SA Education department and the early Irish Catholic 'Establishment' are not a race don't you.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

I wonder what he was actually booked for.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Walking on the cracks in the pitch? Wearing a loud top in a built up area?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:

They see racism everywhere and feel it their duty to shout it out loud without ever thinking about the old adage, 'Empty Vessels Make the Most Noise".

Halilović
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Halilović »

Old Master wrote:

how can you be racist towards a ball?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Halilović wrote:
Old Master wrote:

how can you be racist towards a ball?
What colour was the ball and where was it born?
Ignore this signature

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Raich Carter wrote:
Old Master wrote:

You know the SANFL, AFL, the SA Education department and the early Irish Catholic 'Establishment' are not a race don't you.

All I reported were the actions of these people towards Football because they hated the English and Football was regarded as an English game, so In my opinion that is Racist, certainly by the standards of members of this forum. : idea:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

N5 1BH wrote:Walking on the cracks in the pitch? Wearing a loud top in a built up area?
:lol:

Thank you Constable Savage.
Time for some righteous indignation