EPL Transfers 2018

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

EPL Transfers 2018

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Well, the silly season is with us again very shortly and it's a nice Christmas present for Southampton.

VVD from Southampton to Liverpool for £75m. Not a surprise that's they've got their man, but a lot of money for a centre back, however Klopp has at least recognised where his team's weaknesses are. I wonder if they'll sign a decent keeper soon?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Re: EPL Transfers 2018

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Well, the silly season is with us again very shortly and it's a nice Christmas present for Southampton.

VVD from Southampton to Liverpool for £75m. Not a surprise that's they've got their man, but a lot of money for a centre back, however Klopp has at least recognised where his team's weaknesses are. I wonder if they'll sign a decent keeper soon?
Shouldn’t you be more worried if some mega-rich entity comes after citizen Kane?

I know I’m more concerned about Sanchez.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Well, the silly season is with us again very shortly and it's a nice Christmas present for Southampton.

Either JK knew he was coming in Jan, or he gambled and hoped he would come now, hence not buying a second choice. I do like that we plan long term rather than short term fix.

Re the goalkeeper, either JK rates Mignolet higher than we do, or he thinks Ward will be good enough. With Mignolet we will continue to fight for top spots, with a better keeper we can fight for top spot. Having said that we did almost win the league with him, and I don’t think we would have won it with a better ‘keeper, but we will never know.

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Kings Jesta »

While VVD is a decent defender, we made him look average last time we played Soton.
I would hope we are also trying to sign Stef De Vrij, from Lazio, on a Bosman as well (last I checked he hadn't signed a new contract).
Add to that, Leon Goeretzka, and Max Meyer, so that if we lose Emre Can, there is still plenty of quality coming in.
GK wise, I would like to see Jack Butland come in, and one of Mignolet or Karius on the way out. Some papers saying that we have made contact with Real Madrid re Kaylor Navas... no thanks... and that also wouldn't happen unless they signed De Gea.

Main job now, is keeping Coutinho.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The Kings Jesta wrote:While VVD is a decent defender, we made him look average last time we played Soton.
I would hope we are also trying to sign Stef De Vrij, from Lazio, on a Bosman as well (last I checked he hadn't signed a new contract).
Add to that, Leon Goeretzka, and Max Meyer, so that if we lose Emre Can, there is still plenty of quality coming in.
GK wise, I would like to see Jack Butland come in, and one of Mignolet or Karius on the way out. Some papers saying that we have made contact with Real Madrid re Kaylor Navas... no thanks... and that also wouldn't happen unless they signed De Gea.

Keita. A goalkeeper and we are sorted. You are playing FIFA too much.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

The Kings Jesta wrote:While VVD is a decent defender, we made him look average last time we played Soton.

Correct. You saw that recent goal by Coutinho. The forumite New Name Not Needed silent about that.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:

Coutinho must surely be going or he would have signed a contract by now? What do your inside info sources say?
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:

Shouldn’t you be more worried if some mega-rich entity comes after citizen Kane?

I know I’m more concerned about Sanchez.
Can't really compare their situations, Kane has a contract and will stay at least until the summer and probably beyond, Sanchez doesn't and will be put on the market in January, but will certainly leave in the summer.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:

Coutinho must surely be going or he would have signed a contract by now? What do your inside info sources say?
Phil signed a contract a year ago. Not that it will Keep him.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... -statement

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Nicky_Tanner wrote:

How is my comment related to playing FIFA (PES and Football Manager are better by the way)? Have you seen Meyer and Goretzka play? They are both out of contract at end of season, as is De Vrij (been watching him since he broke through at Feyenoord, and wanted before we got Lovren).
Milner will be 32 next season, Hendo is struggling with inj and form, Can is up for a Bosman in Jan. While Gini, Ox, Lallana are all good, and Keita should fit the mould well. if you can get 3 more top internationals for free, why wouldn't you?
De Vrij, Matip, VVD and Gomez as the 4 CB options, and only having to really only pay for 1 of them. Off load Lovren and Klavan.
Butland is a better GK than the ones we have, and is one of the few top GK's not already playing at a top club. You said we need a GK, pick your target then?

I am as one-eyed, rosey coloured glasses, as the next LFC die hard, but I can see that our current GK, DEF and MID areas aren't enough (even adding Keita), to challenge Man City in the EPL, and PSG, Real, Barca etc in UCL.

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

The Kings Jesta wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:

How is my comment related to playing FIFA (PES and Football Manager are better by the way)? Have you seen Meyer and Goretzka play? They are both out of contract at end of season, as is De Vrij (been watching him since he broke through at Feyenoord, and wanted before we got Lovren).
Milner will be 32 next season, Hendo is struggling with inj and form, Can is up for a Bosman in Jan. While Gini, Ox, Lallana are all good, and Keita should fit the mould well. if you can get 3 more top internationals for free, why wouldn't you?
De Vrij, Matip, VVD and Gomez as the 4 CB options, and only having to really only pay for 1 of them. Off load Lovren and Klavan.

Butland is a better GK than the ones we have, and is one of the few top GK's not already playing at a top club. You said we need a GK, pick your target then?

I am as one-eyed, rosey coloured glasses, as the next LFC die hard, but I can see that our current GK, DEF and MID areas aren't enough (even adding Keita), to challenge Man City in the EPL, and PSG, Real, Barca etc in UCL.
:lol: original post I made was at 1pm today, and now multiple outlets are reporting LFC are in for Goretzka 1/1/18, with a view to sign now, pending what Schalke ask for a fee.
"This Is Anfield" also mention Milner being 32, Can on possibly on way out, Hendo struggling... sound familiar?
Too much FIFA... :roll: :wink:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Goretzka has been talked about for 6 months plus!

Simple questions

How old are are you?
Do you play FIFA or football manager.

Then I can respond fully.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:Goretzka has been talked about for 6 months plus!

Simple questions

How old are are you?

Jesta's already stated that Football Manager is better than FIFA, so you'd have to assume it's not anecdotal he's actually played it, which means he's probably younger than 30. Let's have the full response please, enlighten us with your wisdom :wink:

PS How much did your mob pay for Keita? I can't remember if it was a good deal or not tbh, but I assumed that JK knew him well.
Danny Blanchflower

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Simple questions

How old are are you?

Not sure what my age has to do with anything? Gaming appeals to a wide demographic of age groups, and both males and females.
That you ask for my age, before answering the question, shows a level of maturity not relevant to age.

I gave some transfer targets I thought would be legitimately possible, and also improve the squad.
You've given nothing. Just assumed that I base my choices off of video game ratings. Elitist much?
If Goretzka has been discussed for 6 months, how is that a FIFA idea?

NOC: FIFA has been around since the SNES days, and Football Manager, prior to the Sports Interactive split, has been around since the 1st Championship Manager. I'm definitely past 30 mate.

NT: as NOC said, put some ideas forth then, if you're calling mine FIFA ideas.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The Kings Jesta wrote:

Simple questions

How old are are you?

Not sure what my age has to do with anything? Gaming appeals to a wide demographic of age groups, and both males and females.
That you ask for my age, before answering the question, shows a level of maturity not relevant to age.

I gave some transfer targets I thought would be legitimately possible, and also improve the squad.
You've given nothing. Just assumed that I base my choices off of video game ratings. Elitist much?
If Goretzka has been discussed for 6 months, how is that a FIFA idea?

NOC: FIFA has been around since the SNES days, and Football Manager, prior to the Sports Interactive split, has been around since the 1st Championship Manager. I'm definitely past 30 mate.

NT: as NOC said, put some ideas forth then, if you're calling mine FIFA ideas.
I said I would discuss when you give your age, where did I say your age was relevant to the other question?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kings Jesta wrote:NOC: FIFA has been around since the SNES days, and Football Manager, prior to the Sports Interactive split, has been around since the 1st Championship Manager.
I hate to give away my age, but I haven't got a bottle of shiraz clue what you just said :lol:

And don't stress about Tanner, he's one of those plastics that lives in London and supports the most successful Norvern team of the moment. He'll be a City fan in a year or so :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
The Kings Jesta wrote:NOC: FIFA has been around since the SNES days, and Football Manager, prior to the Sports Interactive split, has been around since the 1st Championship Manager.
I hate to give away my age, but I haven't got a bottle of shiraz clue what you just said :lol:

And don't stress about Tanner, he's one of those plastics that lives in London and supports the most successful Norvern team of the moment. He'll be a City fan in a year or so :wink:
I thought I lived in Adelaide, and have probably been to far more LFC games than you have Spurs? I am not certain of that, but it’s likely even with your 30 year head start.....

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Nice One Cyril wrote:

It's because of my age that I can reference the Super Nintendo (SNES) and the 1st FIFA game that came out on that in 1995.
The 1st Championship Manager game was released in 1992, and Football Manager was created when the Sports Interactive team broke away from the team that made Champ Man.

Anyways... NT still hasn't presented any views on signings to improve LFC, and won't do so unless I give my age? Sounds a bit plastic in his ideas as well then...

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The Kings Jesta wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

It's because of my age that I can reference the Super Nintendo (SNES) and the 1st FIFA game that came out on that in 1995.
The 1st Championship Manager game was released in 1992, and Football Manager was created when the Sports Interactive team broke away from the team that made Champ Man.

Anyways... NT still hasn't presented any views on signings to improve LFC, and won't do so unless I give my age? Sounds a bit plastic in his ideas as well then...
Jan 1st 2018 and I am being called plastic - love it!
The year can only get better.

Messi, Ronaldo KDB. SIgn them and we are better - this is easy.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:Messi, Ronaldo KDB. SIgn them and we are better - this is easy.
The Jurgen Klopp method of coaching eh? Sounds like he's copying Pep :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:Messi, Ronaldo KDB. SIgn them and we are better - this is easy.
The Jurgen Klopp method of coaching eh? Sounds like he's copying Pep :wink:
Keep up, my method!! Jurgen buys the likes of Salah and Mane, 2nd tier...

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:love it from the Man U lads

https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible/vid ... 813731067/
Right on cue, Utd win their first game this year and they are back on line and worrying about us.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^

well we did play on the 1st day of the year....its not as if I posted in March....

anyway....Poo supporters better hope that Klopps team doesn't burn out again so early...
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:^^^^^^

well we did play on the 1st day of the year....its not as if I posted in March....

anyway....Poo supporters better hope that Klopps team doesn't burn out again so early...
??

Didn't we improve last season on the season before? Don't let facts spoil your fun though.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

So what’s that now 200 million quid and counting to Saints alone last couple of years, yet the real problems remain. Sloppy, lazy, selfish play continues to be tolerated by the board and technical staff. When Liverpool were a great club (and they were once) they did develop world class players but equally as important they put ordinary players into a structure that made them play at a world class level. Will Van Dijk improve Liverpool? Probably, temporarily. Will Liverpool improve Van Dijk? most likely not. And so the cycle will continue.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote:So what’s that now 200 million quid and counting to Saints alone last couple of years, yet the real problems remain. Sloppy, lazy, selfish play continues to be tolerated by the board and technical staff. When Liverpool were a great club (and they were once) they did develop world class players but equally as important they put ordinary players into a structure that made them play at a world class level. Will Van Dijk improve Liverpool? Probably, temporarily. Will Liverpool improve Van Dijk? most likely not. And so the cycle will continue.
we are clearly progressing yet you say otherwise. bizarre and bonkers.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

What ever happened to the world famous Liverpool talent factory?

They used to churn out young stars by the dozen but now all they do is buy, buy, buy. :oops:

Have they lost all those talent scouts of old?
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Huddersfield have picked up 23 year old Dutch international Terence Kongolo on loan from Monaco...
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Old Master wrote:What ever happened to the world famous Liverpool talent factory?

They used to churn out young stars by the dozen but now all they do is buy, buy, buy. :oops:

Have they lost all those talent scouts of old?
One of England’s greatest players over the past 15 years was our captain.
TAA looks to be the goods
Fowler
Carragher
Owen

Looking back at our most successful teams who did we nurture? Double in 1986 I think we signed them all. 1988 we did the same - the year we were simply brilliant
1984 Souness was the star

Old Master I think you wrote a load of rubbish again TBH