"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:10 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:58 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1835
Current system is akin to fixing it so two thirds of the Olympic 100 metres finalists are made up of white & Asian people just to be representative. How cabernet would that be?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:47 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:36 pm
Posts: 66
It doesn't interest me anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:09 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:29 pm
Posts: 1762
Location: Right Here.......
MegaBonus wrote:
mate, that's because its not as embarrassing if England lose to Italy or Holland as opposed to say......'Iceland' or even Australia....

its a 'WORLD' cup....get over it!!!



The more you reply to him, the more his ego grows mate...... let him have his 5 mins of fame

_________________
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!




Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:54 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42584
Wayne Kerr wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:
mate, that's because its not as embarrassing if England lose to Italy or Holland as opposed to say......'Iceland' or even Australia....

its a 'WORLD' cup....get over it!!!



The more you reply to him, the more his ego grows mate...... let him have his 5 mins of fame


And replying to a comment from 5 months ago is going to stop that?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:29 am
Posts: 240
God is an Englishman wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:
mate, that's because its not as embarrassing if England lose to Italy or Holland as opposed to say......'Iceland' or even Australia....

its a 'WORLD' cup....get over it!!!


The world cup should have the best teams in the world in it, not teams just making up the numbers.

Pedantic hat on, holland might make the next world cup but I'd think catalonia have more of a chance.


how did England get in then?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:56 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 610
Location: U.K
By topping our group. Not by the back door, like some.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:49 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42584
magicfootball1 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:
mate, that's because its not as embarrassing if England lose to Italy or Holland as opposed to say......'Iceland' or even Australia....

its a 'WORLD' cup....get over it!!!


The world cup should have the best teams in the world in it, not teams just making up the numbers.

Pedantic hat on, holland might make the next world cup but I'd think catalonia have more of a chance.


how did England get in then?


See the answer above. We didn't have to pretend to be asian.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:47 pm
Posts: 384
N5 1BH wrote:
Current system is akin to fixing it so two thirds of the Olympic 100 metres finalists are made up of white & Asian people just to be representative. How cabernet would that be?

A joke that a football backwater such as Australia can get in automatically via top two (not that they got in this way) yet Italy and Spain are in the same group and only 1 automatically qualifies.

Anyway the World Cup is no longer the pinnacle.
That belongs to EUFA champions league.

World Cup now takes on the appearance of feel-good friendly masters games , where hopeless countries get the chance to participate.
Most real soccer people aren't mugs - they can see a dud.
It's the non-soccer clowns (like many who seem to be running our junior clubs) who get sold so easily.
And the corruption continues at the top...)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:25 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16369
N5 1BH wrote:
Current system is akin to fixing it so two thirds of the Olympic 100 metres finalists are made up of white & Asian people just to be representative. How cabernet would that be?


No comparison.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 610
Location: U.K
Actually, a good comparison.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:41 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16369
N5 1BH wrote:
Current system is akin to fixing it so two thirds of the Olympic 100 metres finalists are made up of white & Asian people just to be representative. How cabernet would that be?


Think you will find that there more than 8 entrants at each Olympic games there are such things as Qualifiers, heats, semi final and then the final.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:45 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16369
alfieboy wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
Current system is akin to fixing it so two thirds of the Olympic 100 metres finalists are made up of white & Asian people just to be representative. How cabernet would that be?

A joke that a football backwater such as Australia can get in automatically via top two (not that they got in this way) yet Italy and Spain are in the same group and only 1 automatically qualifies.

Anyway the World Cup is no longer the pinnacle.
That belongs to EUFA champions league.

World Cup now takes on the appearance of feel-good friendly masters games , where hopeless countries get the chance to participate.
Most real soccer people aren't mugs - they can see a dud.
It's the non-soccer clowns (like many who seem to be running our junior clubs) who get sold so easily.
And the corruption continues at the top...)


By your logic then only teams from big European football countries should take part in the UEFA champions league .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42584
ozzie owl wrote:
alfieboy wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
Current system is akin to fixing it so two thirds of the Olympic 100 metres finalists are made up of white & Asian people just to be representative. How cabernet would that be?

A joke that a football backwater such as Australia can get in automatically via top two (not that they got in this way) yet Italy and Spain are in the same group and only 1 automatically qualifies.

Anyway the World Cup is no longer the pinnacle.
That belongs to EUFA champions league.

World Cup now takes on the appearance of feel-good friendly masters games , where hopeless countries get the chance to participate.
Most real soccer people aren't mugs - they can see a dud.
It's the non-soccer clowns (like many who seem to be running our junior clubs) who get sold so easily.
And the corruption continues at the top...)


By your logic then only teams from big European football countries should take part in the UEFA champions league .


No, they can qualify the same as any other nations teams. However they should't get a free ride to the final 32 like some nations do.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:08 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:34 pm
Posts: 224
God is an Englishman wrote:
they should't get a free ride to the final 32 like some nations do.


Well someone has to host the event.

_________________
Cum on Eileen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:26 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16369
Save Ferris wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
they should't get a free ride to the final 32 like some nations do.


Well someone has to host the event.


Mind you with expanded WC and Euros a few European sides have cruised through qualifying only to crash out of the tournaments in an embarrassing manner .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42584
ozzie owl wrote:
Save Ferris wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
they should't get a free ride to the final 32 like some nations do.


Well someone has to host the event.


Mind you with expanded WC and Euros a few European sides have cruised through qualifying only to crash out of the tournaments in an embarrassing manner .


How many European or S american teams make it to the 2nd round in comparison to the minor confederations?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52534
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Save Ferris wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
they should't get a free ride to the final 32 like some nations do.


Well someone has to host the event.


Yes and some teams only have to beat the powerhouses of Macedonia, Slovenia or Israel (for example). Doesn't seem quite right does it.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1835
ozzie owl wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
Current system is akin to fixing it so two thirds of the Olympic 100 metres finalists are made up of white & Asian people just to be representative. How cabernet would that be?


Think you will find that there more than 8 entrants at each Olympic games there are such things as Qualifiers, heats, semi final and then the final.


Think you will find that there is a minimum standard you have to achieve to even enter. There are such things as grading according to standard, A grade gets 3 entries etc. and seeding to keep the best performers apart, not different confederations. In fact it is not inconceivable that there could be only 3 nations and one race represented in an Olympic 8 person 100m final.

Aren’t the Aussies the highest ranked “Asian” lol side? There are pub teams that would beat them


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:32 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 15890
God is an Englishman wrote:
Doovde wrote:
how do you determine the best teams in the world?


Don't separate qualifying via regions to start with.


Has it ever been done like that?

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:25 pm
Posts: 48
ozzie owl wrote:
Save Ferris wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
they should't get a free ride to the final 32 like some nations do.


Well someone has to host the event.


Mind you with expanded WC and Euros a few European sides have cruised through qualifying only to crash out of the tournaments in an embarrassing manner .


Like England in each and every tournament :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:26 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42584
EVERY?

Would love to hear you back that up.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:34 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:25 pm
Posts: 48
If you dont think Englands performances at major tournaments for the last 50 years have been anything less than embarrassing then you are delusional. But being an England supporter, that comes with the territory. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:24 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42584
Nugget wrote:
If you dont think Englands performances at major tournaments for the last 50 years have been anything less than embarrassing then you are delusional. But being an England supporter, that comes with the territory. :lol:


EVERY?

Would love to hear you back that up

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:18 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:49 pm
Posts: 1252
God is an Englishman wrote:
Nugget wrote:
If you dont think Englands performances at major tournaments for the last 50 years have been anything less than embarrassing then you are delusional. But being an England supporter, that comes with the territory. :lol:


EVERY?

Would love to hear you back that up



I'm with GIAE on this. That is just a nonsense statement, back it up you nugget!!

_________________
Image
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:34 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16369
Raich Carter wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Nugget wrote:
If you dont think Englands performances at major tournaments for the last 50 years have been anything less than embarrassing then you are delusional. But being an England supporter, that comes with the territory. :lol:


EVERY?

Would love to hear you back that up



I'm with GIAE on this. That is just a nonsense statement, back it up you nugget!!


Definately not every tournament , but overall at Euro's and WC England have seriously under performed since 1966.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:30 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:29 pm
Posts: 1762
Location: Right Here.......
^^^

Yet watch them go very far in Russia....

Surely its time?

_________________
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!




Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:59 pm 
Online
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16369
Wayne Kerr wrote:
^^^

Yet watch them go very far in Russia....

Surely its time?


You mean " This Time" ? That was the England team song for the 1982 WC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO844xT7ivE

Sad to see Ray Wilkins who has recently passed away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:18 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42584
We left that world cup without getting losing a game.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52534
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
We left that world cup without getting losing a game.


New Zealand did that too not long ago.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Netherlands and no Italy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42584
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
We left that world cup without getting losing a game.


New Zealand did that too not long ago.


We won some as well though.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group