Kylian Mbappe: Paris St-Germain sign Monaco forward on loan

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

9 hours ago From the section European Football 133

Kylian Mbappe
France forward Kylian Mbappe scored 26 goals for Monaco in all competitions last season

Paris St-Germain have signed Kylian Mbappe on a season-long loan from Monaco, with an option to make the deal permanent for 180m euros (£165.7m).

Should PSG sign the France international on a permanent deal, his contract will run until June 2022.

Any deal for the 18-year-old is likely to be eclipsed only by the 222m euros (£200m) PSG paid for Neymar.

"I really wanted to be a part of the club's project, which is one of the most ambitious in Europe," said Mbappe.

The delay in signing Mbappe permanently is reported to be so PSG can comply with Uefa's Financial Fair Play rules.

The teenager scored his first goal for France in their 4-0 win over the Netherlands in World Cup qualifying on Thursday to become his country's youngest goalscorer since 1963.

Nasser Al-Khelaifi, president of PSG, added: "It was essential for French football that we keep and help develop such a great talent in our championship.

"Among players of his age, he is without doubt the most promising in the world due to his immense technical, physical and mental qualities.

"Since his emergence at the highest level, he has earned an excellent reputation as a young talent who is very respectful, open, ambitious and already very mature."
Why a loan deal?

Steve Crossman, BBC World Service:

The wording in the PSG announcement is key, they can't officially say that it's a loan which will become a permanent deal because if they did then the transfer fee would go on this year's accounts (and give them a big Financial Fair Play problem).

So they've basically said there is an "option" on bringing him in permanently, but they won't say "the loan will become permanent" because if they did then they'd be in FFP bother.

I suspect it may yet come under Uefa scrutiny.

This kid certainly appears to have a great future ahead of him, a friend of mine in France, who writes for a leading Paris based newspaper, wrote to me about him in raptures last week and said he was potentially the best player he had ever seen at this age. OM
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Kylian Mbappe: Paris St-Germain sign Monaco forward on l

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:a friend of mine in France, who writes for a leading Paris based newspaper, [/b]
:lol:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Kylian Mbappe: Paris St-Germain sign Monaco forward on l

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:a friend of mine in France, who writes for a leading Paris based newspaper, [/b]
:lol:

:?:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details