Coutinho - good but not that good surely?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Coutinho - good but not that good surely?

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:I never had a career - was never paid to play, and never said I did. Except for OM, who has played at the top level? He is the only to have told us.
Giae has made reference to his 'playing ability' on a number of occasions, as have many on this forum over the years, but it appears that, as I am the only one that appears to have played at a high-ish level, I am targeted as some sort of braggart - it was over forty years ago and short lived, as I have often stated, and so I have only ever mentioned it to illustrate where I got my experience from to make my points and to explain how I made the contacts I now have in the game here and overseas.

I'll ask again - when have I talked about my prowess?

There you go again - going on about the level you played at.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:I never had a career - was never paid to play, and never said I did. Except for OM, who has played at the top level? He is the only to have told us.
Giae has made reference to his 'playing ability' on a number of occasions, as have many on this forum over the years, but it appears that, as I am the only one that appears to have played at a high-ish level, I am targeted as some sort of braggart - it was over forty years ago and short lived, as I have often stated, and so I have only ever mentioned it to illustrate where I got my experience from to make my points and to explain how I made the contacts I now have in the game here and overseas.

I'll ask again - when have I talked about my prowess?

A1. numerous times in passing remarks.

A2. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I rest my case on the above statement: I have only ever mentioned it to illustrate where I got my experience from to make my points and to explain how I made the contacts I now have in the game here and overseas.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:I'll ask again - when have I talked about my prowess?

A1. numerous times in passing remarks.

A2. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I rest my case on the above statement: I have only ever mentioned it to illustrate where I got my experience from to make my points and to explain how I made the contacts I now have in the game here and overseas.
If I said it numerous times then it won't be hard for you to find some examples of it. I await the quotes.

2. Now you're defending going on about it by admitting you were going on about it.

What's your opinion on Ed Sheeran?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I refuse to engage in any more of your pathetic attempts to turn this into another of your boring tirades.

I have no intention of searching through any of your sad little posts to find examples of your statements - I have a Life, obviously, you don't. :roll:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:I refuse to engage in any more of your pathetic attempts to turn this into another of your boring tirades.

I have no intention of searching through any of your sad little posts to find examples of your statements - I have a Life, obviously, you don't. :roll:

So, once again you make a baseless statement and run away when you get called on it.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:I refuse to engage in any more of your pathetic attempts to turn this into another of your boring tirades.

So, once again you make a baseless statement and run away when you get called on it.

I just do what you do in that regard. :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

I just do what you do in that regard. :lol:
And I've asked you to prove that before, you ran away then as well.

What do you think of Ed Sheeran?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I have no intention of searching through any of your sad little posts to find examples of your statements - I have a Life, obviously, you don't. :roll:[/quote]

So, once again you make a baseless statement and run away when you get called on it.[/quote]

I just do what you do in that regard. :lol:[/quote]

And I've asked you to prove that before, you ran away then as well.

What do you think of Ed Sheeran?[/quote]

Like you he's crap.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:I

Like you he's crap.
You've never heard me sing

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

If Liverpool lose him in January, they are going to struggle. They've got a poor keeper, a pair of them in fact, mostly lousy defenders and, apart from Coutinho, a distinctly average midfield. No use having a great forward line if (a) you can't get the ball to them and, (b) you let in more at the other end. I can't think of a single team that's won the league with a crap defence.

There's talk of him being sold to Barca in January with Deulofeu + cash going the other way, but why would Barca do that when they can pick him up for nothing in June?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower