Happy Anniversary England!!!!!!

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Happy Anniversary England!!!!!!

Post by God is an Englishman »

I've given you a credible source. The video which clearly shows it's an own goal.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

God is always an Englishman, he gave us the victory in the war and allowed them the consolation prize.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

God is an Englishman wrote:I've given you a credible source. The video which clearly shows it's an own goal.
Nonsense :roll:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

God is an Englishman wrote:God is always an Englishman, he gave us the victory in the war and allowed them the consolation prize.
I'm confused with what war you are referring to (there have been a few) but are you talking 1st, 2nd or Falklands as your example? As you stated a singular war and not plural let me know.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:God is always an Englishman, he gave us the victory in the war and allowed them the consolation prize.
I'm confused with what war you are referring to (there have been a few) but are you talking 1st, 2nd or Falklands as your example? As you stated a singular war and not plural let me know.
I was referring specifically to the war against argentina

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

:lol:

But you don't believe in god!
:roll:
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

thebeautifulgame wrote:Maradona was a football genius as proved by the brilliant individual goal against England (amongst many others). IMO GIAE is at the wind up as it still hurts so bad after all these years that he has to taint what was an absolute gem of a goal. I can remember watching this game on T.V. as it happened and though we all know the 'Hand of God' goal was unsporting/cheating at the highest level you have to say he 'executed it to perfection' as the officials failed to pick it up. Poor show all the same.
The solo goal is passed in to the net by Maradona's left foot as Fenwick attempts to block the ball with his left foot as he slides in to challenge. Even if Fenwick got a slight touch/deflection (which he didn't) this would not go down as an 'own goal' as the ball was already heading towards goal and not deflected towards it. God was certainly not an Englishman on this particular day.

God was never an Englishman!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:
thebeautifulgame wrote:Maradona was a football genius as proved by the brilliant individual goal against England (amongst many others). IMO GIAE is at the wind up as it still hurts so bad after all these years that he has to taint what was an absolute gem of a goal. I can remember watching this game on T.V. as it happened and though we all know the 'Hand of God' goal was unsporting/cheating at the highest level you have to say he 'executed it to perfection' as the officials failed to pick it up. Poor show all the same.
The solo goal is passed in to the net by Maradona's left foot as Fenwick attempts to block the ball with his left foot as he slides in to challenge. Even if Fenwick got a slight touch/deflection (which he didn't) this would not go down as an 'own goal' as the ball was already heading towards goal and not deflected towards it. God was certainly not an Englishman on this particular day.

He is, it's the only way to explain why England is so great.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Wayne Kerr wrote:

He is, it's the only way to explain why England is so great.

Blind, senile and delirious.
Sorry friend, but their is NO help available for you....

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote: Blind, senile and delirious.
Good, no point in getting help once you reach perfection

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

1st step to recovery is to admit it, well done!!!
Pity, it took you too long to admit it

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:

1st step to recovery is to admit it, well done!!!
Pity, it took you too long to admit it
I admitted it a long time ago

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Wayne Kerr wrote:

I couldn't agree more, just like rattling his cage every now and again. :D

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

thebeautifulgame wrote:
I was referring specifically to the war against argentina
So by using the term 'he (God) gave us victory in the war' (Falklands) why are you choosing to ignore the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish armed forces and citizens?
On those grounds should you not be naming yourself 'God is a Britishman'?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote:So by using the term 'he (God) gave us victory in the war' (Falklands) why are you choosing to ignore the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish armed forces and citizens?
To paraphrase the taco advert, Why can't he be both?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

thebeautifulgame wrote:So by using the term 'he (God) gave us victory in the war' (Falklands) why are you choosing to ignore the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish armed forces and citizens?
Like Andy Murray- the Scotsman! :D

So are you willing to use both GIAE and GIAB on this forum or do you regard them as being the same thing?

While we are on it can you explain something to me- why do a lot of English fans fly the Union Jack with 'Engerland' emblazoned on it? I think it would make more sense flying the St.George's cross. England alone is not the UK so I can't understand the reasoning. A sensible answer would really be appreciated.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote:
Like Andy Murray- the Scotsman! :D

So are you willing to use both GIAE and GIAB on this forum or do you regard them as being the same thing?

While we are on it can you explain something to me- why do a lot of English fans fly the Union Jack with 'Engerland' emblazoned on it? I think it would make more sense flying the St.George's cross. England alone is not the UK so I can't understand the reasoning. A sensible answer would really be appreciated.
I wouldn't personally use GIAB as he's English and English first, British second. Definitely not the same thing, an English person is definitely British but not vice versa.

Most England fans I know would use the St George's Cross. That said, I have a Union Flag in my house but I also have 4 St George's.

Murray - Scottish when he loses, British when he wins. Personally, I only support him when he's in the Davis Cup or the Olympics.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

That said, I have a Union Flag in my house but I also have 4 St George's.
glad to hear it.....a Roman soldier of greek origin....

BTW - still waiting for you to supply me with 1 name.....just 1 of anyone involved in the game who agrees with you assertion...
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:

BTW - still waiting for you to supply me with 1 name.....just 1 of anyone involved in the game who agrees with you assertion...
Bodo

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Even if Fenwick got a slight touch/deflection (which he didn't) this would not go down as an 'own goal' as the ball was already heading towards goal
He did get the decisive touch and no it wasn't heading towards the goal.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

GIAE wrote:

I wouldn't personally use GIAB as he's English and English first, British second. Definitely not the same thing, an English person is definitely British but not vice versa.

Most England fans I know would use the St George's Cross. That said, I have a Union Flag in my house but I also have 4 St George's.

Murray - Scottish when he loses, British when he wins. Personally, I only support him when he's in the Davis Cup or the Olympics.[/quote]

If you seriously believed in God you wouldn't use his name for personal 'gain'- it's purely a false claim/piss take.

Pity many of your countrymen prefer to fly the UJ when supporting England as it is a dumb ass thing to do as it is disrespectful to the other home nations. Perhaps they do not have such pride in the St. George's Cross as it is considered by many English to be aggressive in nature but this would probably suit you to a t.

Murray regards himself as Scottish first and British second, so why have so many English people got a problem with that? Murray is always Scottish no matter the outcome of a tennis match but glad you have the same bias against him as many of your countrymen (and some of the English media).

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

God is an Englishman
MegaBonus wrote:
Quote:

Bodo
:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Maradona - "A thief who steals from another thief has 100 years of forgiveness"
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

Why is that funny? I have been involved with the game and I do agree with his assertion.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

hawksey knows what im asking....cause i asked it on the previous page...
MegaBonus

can you quote any credible source who agrees with your assertion....past player, current player, journo etc

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

I'm a credible source.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote:

If you seriously believed in God you wouldn't use his name for personal 'gain'- it's purely a false claim/piss take.

Pity many of your countrymen prefer to fly the UJ when supporting England as it is a dumb ass thing to do as it is disrespectful to the other home nations. Perhaps they do not have such pride in the St. George's Cross as it is considered by many English to be aggressive in nature but this would probably suit you to a t.

Murray regards himself as Scottish first and British second, so why have so many English people got a problem with that? Murray is always Scottish no matter the outcome of a tennis match but glad you have the same bias against him as many of your countrymen (and some of the English media).
A lot more St George Cross's when England play compared to UJ's. How is a flag aggressive?

Murray is scottish, why would I support him?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:

Bodo
Lol, Bodo counts for about 50 people (on this site anyway).
Ignore this signature