"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:21 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:07 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43743
MegaBonus wrote:
Quote:
God is an Englishman

Banford being a cheat.



@ Hawksey....Banford is a funny sounding Spanish name....what part of Spain is he from???


I do not know.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:57 pm 
Offline
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:35 pm
Posts: 33
God is an Englishman wrote:
Hirohito wrote:
Did the referee stop play? Play the whistle.



The issue is the Leeds player stopped and made it look like he was putting the ball out. Then an outrageous dive from another Leeds player to get someone sent off.


I haven't seen the incident but I agree with this - only stop play if the referee blows his whistle. He has it for a reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdKjvg0hCNw


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:39 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43743
Jerry Attrick wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Hirohito wrote:
Did the referee stop play? Play the whistle.



The issue is the Leeds player stopped and made it look like he was putting the ball out. Then an outrageous dive from another Leeds player to get someone sent off.


I haven't seen the incident but I agree with this - only stop play if the referee blows his whistle. He has it for a reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdKjvg0hCNw


Doesn't mention the fact that the Leeds player faked to kick it out. To me, this is worse than the arsenal one a few years back.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:30 am 
Online
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 2512
The ref didn't blow for a foul and the ball went wide and forward for Leeds compared to where the injured player was. The wide Leeds player had Villa players running at him from the centre that were out of position screaming to kick the ball out. The Leeds player did make a body movement and had to make a quick decision to kick the ball out or pass the ball down the line to a free player. I would have to look again to see if he was faking to kick it out or moving back to look inside to see what was happening before he made his decision. He had enough time to not worry about doing a faking motion so I would be a bit surprised if he did that and even if he did it wouldn't have changed things for the 3 villa players because I don't think they would have got to him anyway.

This happens a bit where players go down and most times teams kick it out justifiably when they think its warranted but not always and the grey area comes in because sometimes players go down to slow down the play for the other team in transition. Do players wait for the ref to blow or not?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:31 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 8:01 am
Posts: 288
I always played the whistle. He has it for a reason.

_________________
POLONIAROCS wrote:
Yes SAASL is so much greater than NPL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:39 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 1343
Hirohito wrote:
I always played the whistle. He has it for a reason.


Correct. Too many players go done to easily expecting play to stop. The Chelsea/Burnley game last week was an good. There was a kafuffle after the game because of the amount of down time. Watching the game it looked like the Leeds player did not know what had happened so he played on as most would do and scored. It was a great goal BTW. The Villa players tried to stop him. Good on the Leeds coach for allowing AV a goal as he thought his players should have kicked the ball OOP.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:03 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1992
All this fuss over leeds letting the opposition walk a goal in. Arsenal have been doing that all year


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:09 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54352
Location: Between the lake and the beach
N5 1BH wrote:
All this fuss over leeds letting the opposition walk a goal in. Arsenal have been doing that all year


:wink:

Pay that.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:25 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17047
Good to see Bamford been charged with “successful deception of a match official” after he feigned injury in a wild match against Aston Villa, and now faces a two-match suspension which would rule him out of the first leg of the Championship play-offs. Two game suspension not enough in my opinion should be for four matches that way he would miss rest of the season including all the play offs. Perfect opportunity for the football authorities to send a clear message that they are serious about stamping out simulation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:01 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54352
Location: Between the lake and the beach
ozzie owl wrote:
Good to see Bamford been charged with “successful deception of a match official” after he feigned injury in a wild match against Aston Villa, and now faces a two-match suspension which would rule him out of the first leg of the Championship play-offs. Two game suspension not enough in my opinion should be for four matches that way he would miss rest of the season including all the play offs. Perfect opportunity for the football authorities to send a clear message that they are serious about stamping out simulation.


Agree and about time!

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:07 pm 
Online
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 2512
Bomber wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
All this fuss over leeds letting the opposition walk a goal in. Arsenal have been doing that all year


:wink:

Pay that.


:lol: made me laugh :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:11 pm 
Online
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 2512
Bomber wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
Good to see Bamford been charged with “successful deception of a match official” after he feigned injury in a wild match against Aston Villa, and now faces a two-match suspension which would rule him out of the first leg of the Championship play-offs. Two game suspension not enough in my opinion should be for four matches that way he would miss rest of the season including all the play offs. Perfect opportunity for the football authorities to send a clear message that they are serious about stamping out simulation.


Agree and about time!


Yes it was very poor by Bamford and deserved to be punished - ps he hasn't been playing well and with Rolfe with an injury, I'm not sure who Leeds will play at No. 9.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:15 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm
Posts: 1343
Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa has said that he will personally pay the fine issued to the club following Sunday's 1-1 draw with Aston Villa.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:24 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 8:01 am
Posts: 288
Why was the club fined?

_________________
POLONIAROCS wrote:
Yes SAASL is so much greater than NPL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:36 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43743
Hirohito wrote:
Why was the club fined?


Failure to control it's players, the all in brawl.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:10 pm 
Online
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 2512
Villa into the play-off final after their penalty shoot out win over WBA over night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:37 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43743
Mr Red wrote:
Villa into the play-off final after their penalty shoot out win over WBA over night.



So, west Brom to beat derby in the final then

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:58 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 255
Location: ísland
If only away goals counted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:34 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 16410
Woohoo, no dirty Leeds in the Premier League :lol: :lol:

I hope Derby get up, it's a guaranteed 6 points next year.

_________________
"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:42 am 
Online
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 2512
Leeds self destructed and it all started in Jan with the new Spanish keeper and he kept that direction going with his effort just before half time last night that led to Derby's first goal. He made few similar decisions just prior to the stuff up and just got away with them. It was on the cards he was going to stuff up and he did and it went pear shaped after that. Leeds put a lot of dollars into this tilt at promotion and I get the feeling that next year might be a lot different.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:17 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54352
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Woohoo, no dirty Leeds in the Premier League :lol: :lol:

I hope Derby get up, it's a guaranteed 6 points next year.


Nice result. :D

Midlands derby in play-off final should still provide plenty of spice.

Think Villa might get up, therefore a happy Merson albeit probably a bit nervous at the minute. :wink:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43743
Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Woohoo, no dirty Leeds in the Premier League :lol: :lol:

I hope Derby get up, it's a guaranteed 6 points next year.


Nice result. :D

Midlands derby in play-off final should still provide plenty of spice.

Think Villa might get up, therefore a happy Merson albeit probably a bit nervous at the minute. :wink:



Northern derby

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:18 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54352
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Woohoo, no dirty Leeds in the Premier League :lol: :lol:

I hope Derby get up, it's a guaranteed 6 points next year.


Nice result. :D

Midlands derby in play-off final should still provide plenty of spice.

Think Villa might get up, therefore a happy Merson albeit probably a bit nervous at the minute. :wink:



Northern derby


WTF? East Midlands v West Midlands. Or is it that anything north of London is "northern" (to you)?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:46 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43743
Bomber wrote:

WTF? East Midlands v West Midlands. Or is it that anything north of London is "northern" (to you)?



Watford Gap Services is the known boundary - both are north of it.

Sms say The M25 - North of it

Some say Watford - North of it.

I say the Thames - North of it.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54352
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:

WTF? East Midlands v West Midlands. Or is it that anything north of London is "northern" (to you)?



Watford Gap Services is the known boundary - both are north of it.

Sms say The M25 - North of it

Some say Watford - North of it.

I say the Thames - North of it.


:lol:

Northerners must be nearly "everywhere".

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:05 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 6711
Location: Campbelltown
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:

WTF? East Midlands v West Midlands. Or is it that anything north of London is "northern" (to you)?



Watford Gap Services is the known boundary - both are north of it.

Sms say The M25 - North of it

Some say Watford - North of it.

I say the Thames - North of it.


:lol:

Northerners must be nearly "everywhere".



Giae just hates Northerners because they win more EPl (First Division) Championships, FA Cups(?), European Championships. than Southerners.

_________________
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:52 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43743
Old Master wrote:


Giae just hates Northerners because they win more EPl (First Division) Championships, FA Cups(?), European Championships. than Southerners.



That's because southerners are too busy getting educated and having jobs.

I don't hate northerners, I just dislike them. That's because they're a drain on my country.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:17 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:03 pm
Posts: 6711
Location: Campbelltown
God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:


Giae just hates Northerners because they win more EPl (First Division) Championships, FA Cups(?), European Championships. than Southerners.



That's because southerners are too busy getting educated and having jobs.

I don't hate northerners, I just dislike them. That's because they're a drain on my country.




You southerners are the drain on the country, using the government to keep all the jobs and money down south.

The house of lords is the body that prevents the money moving up north by blocking any policies for change.

It is time for that body of over-privileged twats to be disbanded and a senate put in place with full electoral representation.

_________________
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:03 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43743
Old Master wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:


Giae just hates Northerners because they win more EPl (First Division) Championships, FA Cups(?), European Championships. than Southerners.



That's because southerners are too busy getting educated and having jobs.

I don't hate northerners, I just dislike them. That's because they're a drain on my country.




You southerners are the drain on the country, using the government to keep all the jobs and money down south.

The house of lords is the body that prevents the money moving up north by blocking any policies for change.

It is time for that body of over-privileged twats to be disbanded and a senate put in place with full electoral representation.


I agree. Higher employment and higher tax payment makes us a drain. :lol:

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Season 2017/18
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm
Posts: 709
Where is the divide between south & north,& where do the midlands fit in?Also how can we view the Final at Wembley for free,i am sure i saw it last year when Fulham got through?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group