Arsene Wenger - For God's Sake.....

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Arsene Wenger - For God's Sake.....

Post by Nice One Cyril »

....STAY!

Please, never leave the Arsenal, we love you. :D
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Arsene Wenger - For God's Sake.....

Post by Mr Red »

That's it rub it in. :)

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Mr Red wrote:That's it rub it in. :)
Especially when your mob finish second.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Mr Red wrote:

:lol: We won't be playing Leeds next season :wink:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Mr Red wrote:

:lol: We won't be playing Leeds next season :wink:

:P :twisted:

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

“I care about this club. Even if I leave one day, I will love this club until the last day of my life"

Show me another manager who's dedicated his life for 20 years to one club like Wenger has to Arsenal.

He lives and breathes Arsenal 24/7.

Are the criticisms valid - yes, of course. The last few years have been disappointing to say the least.

Is he past it? Perhaps.

But he'll sign a 2 year extension. So we as fans cant do anything but support a man who wants nothing more than to see this club succeed.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

maxin in the shade wrote:“I care about this club. Even if I leave one day, I will love this club until the last day of my life"

Show me another manager who's dedicated his life for 20 years to one club like Wenger has to Arsenal.

He lives and breathes Arsenal 24/7.

Are the criticisms valid - yes, of course. The last few years have been disappointing to say the least.

Is he past it? Perhaps.

But he'll sign a 2 year extension. So we as fans cant do anything but support a man who wants nothing more than to see this club succeed.
:lol: You know I enjoy stirring you lot up, it's been a long time coming and I fully intend to make the most of it.

The reason it's been so long is mainly down to Wenger, the taxi just took him to the wrong part of North London when he arrived :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

21 consecutive years playing Champions League Football, only 1 other club betters that Real Madrid.. Spurs wont even get close to that

UCL football is a big reason why the Emirates stadium loan is nearly paid off in full.. you boys havent even moved into yours yet & gone thru the financial restraints we did

Enjoy making up the numbers Cyril :wink:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

People give Arsenal fans cabernet for treating CL qualification as a trophy.

I never did. And I doubt most other Arsenal fans did either.

But its an achievement. And to do it for 20+ seasons in a row (especially during those years where we didn't have funds to buy big name players) was something else.

Liverpool are a huge club. How many times have they reached top 4 in recent years.

Look at Tottenham. Same thing.

Its hard to maintain that sort of consistency over that period of time.

Lets see how LFC and Spurs go now that the blowtorch is on them

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

maxin in the shade wrote:Show me another manager who's dedicated his life for 20 years to one club like Wenger has to Arsenal.
Ferguson, Gradi

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:
maxin in the shade wrote:Show me another manager who's dedicated his life for 20 years to one club like Wenger has to Arsenal.
Ferguson, Gradi
Dario doesn't really count, Crewe is hardly comparable to Arsenal or United.
Danny Blanchflower

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Ferguson, Gradi
I was waiting for someone to say ferguson
I speak nothing but the truth

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The one and only wrote:
Ferguson, Gradi
I was waiting for someone to say ferguson
Since it was so blindingly obvious, most posters couldn't be bothered, but Hawkesy never misses an opportunity to show off :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Since it was so blindingly obvious, most posters couldn't be bothered, but Hawkesy never misses an opportunity to show off :lol:
I thought of Gradi before I thought of him

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Reality is, top 4 is fool’s gold for squads like ours that are light years away from winning the Campions League, only winners are the shysters who own the shares. All things considered will settle for 5th being in the FA cup final and meeting the spuds & poo in the Europa cup next Feb. Time for a new direction is well overdue.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Some word coming out of London re Wenger's contract

Seems the board are split about Wenger and the direction of the club. If one side of the board wins, Wenger stays. If the other side get their way (which apparently includes CEO I Gazidis), he goes.

Wenger wants to stay, but because of what’s going on at board level, he doesn’t know if they’ll renew his contract.

So it’s not Wenger holding out and not telling of his decision as initially thought – it’s the board who can’t make a decision.
And yet Wenger fronts up each week having to answer questions about his future and withholding information as to what’s really going on behind the scenes.

The delaying of this announcement has been handled so badly. We need to sack most of the board and get some fresh blood and football people involved.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

And hypothetically, if they choose not to renew Wenger, do they have a replacement lined up?

Absolute shambles how this season has turned out

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

maxin in the shade wrote:And hypothetically, if they choose not to renew Wenger, do they have a replacement lined up?

Absolute shambles how this season has turned out
Maybe that's why Big Sam just resigned, he's going to try to keep the Goons in the Premier League next season? :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

maxin in the shade wrote:Some word coming out of London re Wenger's contract

Seems the board are split about Wenger and the direction of the club. If one side of the board wins, Wenger stays. If the other side get their way (which apparently includes CEO I Gazidis), he goes.

Wenger wants to stay, but because of what’s going on at board level, he doesn’t know if they’ll renew his contract.

So it’s not Wenger holding out and not telling of his decision as initially thought – it’s the board who can’t make a decision.
And yet Wenger fronts up each week having to answer questions about his future and withholding information as to what’s really going on behind the scenes.

The delaying of this announcement has been handled so badly. We need to sack most of the board and get some fresh blood and football people involved.
It all started going wrong when David Dein left and unfortunately Gazidis is one of the biggest culprits in our current situation. Be interesting if kroenke did sell out to Usmanov, reckon he'd definitely be in it for the trophies.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

N5 1BH wrote:
maxin in the shade wrote:Some word coming out of London re Wenger's contract

It all started going wrong when David Dein left and unfortunately Gazidis is one of the biggest culprits in our current situation. Be interesting if kroenke did sell out to Usmanov, reckon he'd definitely be in it for the trophies.
Kroenke wont sell. He's come out this week and said so himself.
Why would he?

Arsenal provide a good return on his investment - and that's all the club is for him.

Arsenal must be one of the few sides where the two majority shareholders (Kroenke and Usmanov) are multi billionaires, yet don't put a single cent into the club