LFC v Man U legends July - Adelaide

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

LFC v Man U legends July - Adelaide

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Excuse the LFC bias, I am just using my FB post.

Now this is in the open I can post it!!

Adelaide reds, there will be chances to get up close and meet all the stars, there will be competitions to win and tickets available for some amazing opportunities!

Get onto it Reds, the 5times event in April, this and other things makes Adelaide the place to be!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... om=htc_rss

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Re: LFC v Man U legends July - Adelaide

Post by Mr Red »

Lets hope Keith Gillespie has calmed down by then :roll:

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

I wonder who will get the bigger crowd - this game or the Socceroos game?

Lets hope AFL doesn't dig up the oval to much in the winter months.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mr Red wrote:I wonder who will get the bigger crowd - this game or the Socceroos game?

socceroos I hope, this is inside at the basketball arena!

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

No more controversy wrote:
Mr Red wrote:I wonder who will get the bigger crowd - this game or the Socceroos game?

socceroos I hope, this is inside at the basketball arena!

I shouldn't assume - in basketball arena - what is it a 5 aside game :?:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Mr Red wrote:Lets hope Keith Gillespie has calmed down by then :roll:
:lol:

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

Used to love watching the Masters on Sky. Hopefully they can get some London sides out next year.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

nathanburns15 wrote:Used to love watching the Masters on Sky. Hopefully they can get some London sides out next year.
The 7's indoor with the pro teams in as well was superb. Especially the year Millwall won it.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

Peter Beardsley used to have a field day doing these :lol: :lol:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The Evening Standard 5 a side was great at Wembley (stopped due to hooliganism sadly).

Celtic fans in front of me came down from Glasgow, Celtic first on..they loss! they left.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

This just popped up on my facebook feed as well.

https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible/vid ... 153455304/

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:This just popped up on my facebook feed as well.

How do you find so much time to check on Facebook and post as many stupid comments on this site when you are supposed to working?

I hope your boss finds out how little work you are doing one day and gives you the sack.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

How do you find so much time to check on Facebook and post as many stupid comments on this site when you are supposed to working?

I hope your boss finds out how little work you are doing one day and gives you the sack.
That says a lot about you, you want a single father to be sacked. Who will provide for my innocent children if I have no money. I can't raise them on centrelink money alone, you may be able to survice on that but I can't.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Old Master, have you had the call to be part of this event? Obviously not playing but in an admin or promotion capacity, I assume you are in touch with many of the Man Utd players?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:

That says a lot about you, you want a single father to be sacked. Who will provide for my innocent children if I have no money. I can't raise them on centrelink money alone, you may be able to survice on that but I can't.

That's your problem!

Fortunately, I was smart enough to put money aside for the rainy days I encountered and, as a result, I can afford to do and go wherever and whatever takes my and Wife's fancy.

Perhaps if you worked and saved harder and stopped wasting your time acting like a Troll on this site, you too could one day retire in luxury. :idea:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

No more controversy wrote:Old Master, have you had the call to be part of this event? Obviously not playing but in an admin or promotion capacity, I assume you are in touch with many of the Man Utd players?

No, I haven't been approached to become involved in the admin or the promotion and I doubt I will, as it is a multi-country promotion, but I have received advance notice of this event and been given access to some free tickets when they become available.

I am not in touch with any of the Man U players involved but I do know a few of the background people quite well.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote: That's your problem!

Fortunately, I was smart enough to put money aside for the rainy days I encountered and, as a result, I can afford to do and go wherever and whatever takes my and Wife's fancy.

Perhaps if you worked and saved harder and stopped wasting your time acting like a Troll on this site, you too could one day retire in luxury. :idea:
You are a horrible man, what about my poor innocent children? What have they done to upset you so much that you want them to starve?

I mean I haven't saved anything, it's not like I have a large investment portfolio and own 3 houses or anything.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
No more controversy wrote:Old Master, have you had the call to be part of this event? Obviously not playing but in an admin or promotion capacity, I assume you are in touch with many of the Man Utd players?

No, I haven't been approached to become involved in the admin or the promotion and I doubt I will, as it is a multi-country promotion, but I have received advance notice of this event and been given access to some free tickets when they become available.

I am not in touch with any of the Man U players involved but I do know a few of the background people quite well.
That's strange, I know of people in Adelaide who have been asked to be involved in the admin side of things. Strange how the multi national part affected you but not him. :?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:

That's strange, I know of people in Adelaide who have been asked to be involved in the admin side of things. Strange how the multi national part affected you but not him. :?

Good on him, but at least I got some free tickets, enough to take all my family and a few close friends.

It is of no great consequence, or reflection on me, that I wasn't included in this, as I've had a great lifetime involvement in Football and have many wonderful memories to comfort me in my retirement and many lifetime friendships too.

That is more than anyone could wish for, a good life lived well.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:Good on him, but at least I got some free tickets, enough to take all my family and a few close friends.

It is of no great consequence, or reflection on me, that I wasn't included in this, as I've had a great lifetime involvement in Football and have many wonderful memories to comfort me in my retirement and many lifetime friendships too.

I'm pretty sure I can get some free tickets if I really wanted some. I just found it weird that they didn't involve you for that reason but others got the gig with the same place of residence.

It leads me to believe that you're either:

A) mistaken
B) not as popular as you think you are
C) an absolute nobody who no-one gives a cabernet about
D) full of cabernet

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Yes, go easy on GIAE - he rents in the eastern suburbs, poor bloke.
Ignore this signature

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:Good on him, but at least I got some free tickets, enough to take all my family and a few close friends.

I'm pretty sure I can get some free tickets if I really wanted some. I just found it weird that they didn't involve you for that reason but others got the gig with the same place of residence.

It leads me to believe that you're either:

A) mistaken
B) not as popular as you think you are
C) an absolute nobody who no-one gives a cabernet about
D) full of cabernet

As usual, you are reading what isn't written in a posting and jump to the wrong conclusion.

I am retired, not in the best of health and my computer skills are not up to the modern standard and as such I wouldn't be able to provide the skills they require.

That's it, in a Nutshell, nothing more nothing less.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Bomber wrote:Yes, go easy on GIAE - he rents in the eastern suburbs, poor bloke.

I understand what you are saying, I've been forced to own a house here as well. :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

They are forgeries then as tickets are not yet on sale, seating arrangements not 100% sorted and VIP access is way off the agenda. Sorry to spoil your dreams.
If I am wrong in any way, I find it odd you haven't been included or mentioned in any emails, meetings, text messages or phone calls. On Monday I will see if you can be involved somehow - as your history in the game will be needed I am sure.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:As usual, you are reading what isn't written in a posting and jump to the wrong conclusion.

I am retired, not in the best of health and my computer skills are not up to the modern standard and as such I wouldn't be able to provide the skills they require.

That's it, in a Nutshell, nothing more nothing less.
Now that's a lot more believable that your earlier story

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
Bomber wrote:Yes, go easy on GIAE - he rents in the eastern suburbs, poor bloke.

I understand what you are saying, I've been forced to own a house here as well. :lol:
One of you lives in the west and the other I am going to hazard a guess lives up Athelstone :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Or maybe he lives in Clare, I'm seeing the number 15 for some reason

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

No more controversy wrote:They are forgeries then as tickets are not yet on sale, seating arrangements not 100% sorted and VIP access is way off the agenda. Sorry to spoil your dreams.
If I am wrong in any way, I find it odd you haven't been included or mentioned in any emails, meetings, text messages or phone calls. On Monday I will see if you can be involved somehow - as your history in the game will be needed I am sure.

You are getting as bad as giae and not reading what is written.

I said I will be sent my tickets when they are available.

I have also said that I don't find it unusual that I have not been invited to be involved, as I am not in a position to due to my health issues and lack of the necessary computer skills.

So it is very unlikely that my name would be mentioned in discussions, etc, as my contacts overseas all know the position I am in.

Plus, there are a whole generation of people far more capable than me to undertake any duties that may be required locally.

You would be surprised if you knew how many former European pro's there were residing in SA, most more readily identifiable than me, and more likely to be involved in this type of venture.

There are also many who seek no further involvement in the game for a variety of reasons.

I have no experience in this type of football either, so I wouldn't be much use to the people organising it, would I?

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

So Old Master says he will get free tickets, someone else says VIP tickets haven't even been discussed yet so no one can have been promised tickets.

Oooh, who to believe?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:Or maybe he lives in Clare, I'm seeing the number 15 for some reason

Clever, no, but interesting - I know where you live too - a little bird told me some time ago.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details